ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Landlord here. We used to have more student-level housing. We’d never give tenants a system like that. First, it’s unlikely to increase the rental value; students are looking for bedrooms/location and not much else. Second, it would create headaches for landlord with changing logins, roommate break-ups, etc. Third, students are *hard* on rentals; you don’t give students anything fragile or higher-end. (But you do get a parent to co-sign!).
We have started giving them to our other tenants but largely because we want to do the installation ourselves instead of the tenant ruining a doorframe.

(The only tech we put in student housing is a sensor that detects water).
in reference to my system…Log ins are easy to change and takes a few minutes to do so. I think that would be the case with many systems.

imo

It's possible someone like that would have been reported and just as likely not reported in my opinion. In my experience, a lot of times things like this are noted about someone, but there is nothing actionable to report. So, people talk about how weird or disconcerting someone is without taking it further.

When I was in college, I had a classmate start behaving in a way toward me that I found deeply worrying, but I never reported it. People I talked to agreed he sounded like a psycho (he got mad at me for knowing the material when he didn't and he started acted unhinged about it and trying to intimidate me into helping him with another assignment via in person and emails), but there was never any discussion of contacting the police or authorities or reporting him, even to the professor of the class we were in together.

I'm sure their friends know about anyone who was considered concerning, even if there is no documented paper trail of a report.
I had a college roommate who would steal clothes from other roommates and then in town at stores . She would cut the labels out of clothes. I would ask her where she bought them and to show me receipts she had none. I went to see the Dean of women as a dorm counselor and told her whatwas happening. She moved the girl to another dorm. The gal started doing weird things there and was finally asked to leave school. . If something or someone looks fishy or odd it usually is and requires some action to be done!

Landlord here. We used to have more student-level housing. We’d never give tenants a system like that. First, it’s unlikely to increase the rental value; students are looking for bedrooms/location and not much else. Second, it would create headaches for landlord with changing logins, roommate break-ups, etc. Third, students are *hard* on rentals; you don’t give students anything fragile or higher-end. (But you do get a parent to co-sign!).
We have started giving them to our other tenants but largely because we want to do the installation ourselves instead of the tenant ruining a doorframe.

(The only tech we put in student housing is a sensor that detects water).

The ones around here don't need logins for the students as I believe they are run into a system owned by the rental agencies/landlords.

I don't think we even have to complicate things. It is unlikely you'll manage to scream if a knife is struck to your lung in your sleep, IMO. Sure, they might have been attacked in all kinds of ways (I for one am pretty sure the final crime scene had to be worse than just stabbing), but I see no need to add the cutting of throat in order to keep them quiet. I feel like the quic attack while sleeping is the main aspect here - you just have no time to react, as the first stab is aimed at you while you sleep, it is also likely to hit the mark.
I’m watching a documentary about french serial killer Francis Heaulme. He managed to kill a lady sunbathing at the beach. There were people 15mètres/50feet away from her. He still managed to stab her multiple times without anyone noticing…

Source, please & thanks!
Not the OP, but pulling straight from the Moscow PD:

"Autopsies were conducted on November 17th. The Latah County Coroner confirmed the identity of the four murdered individuals and their cause and manner of death as homicide by stabbing. The coroner stated the four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault"

King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID

I had the same question as you about not requesting any camera footage north of Taylor ave.

Another Question I have is if there’s a video of a vehicle that is of interest that was caught on camera, why haven’t we seen it?
We have seen it. It’s the red Mustang.

The tail lights of a red Mustang can be seen in the reflection of the business windows in the twitch streaming video. There are screenshots showing this all over Twitter and Reddit. Shortly after social media slew this identified the tail lights, the police searched that red Mustang at a frat house. However, they said nothing came of it.

Not the OP, but pulling straight from the Moscow PD:

"Autopsies were conducted on November 17th. The Latah County Coroner confirmed the identity of the four murdered individuals and their cause and manner of death as homicide by stabbing. The coroner stated the four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault"

King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID
Right. The quote I was asking about does ~not~ come from this.

Team Idaho Property Management Supervisor Merida McClanahan draws images of the layout of the first floor at 1122 King Road, where four University of Idaho students were killed on Nov. 13

Attachments

• 98E0A97A-CC17-4FFE-8FF0-8764E3F5596A.jpeg
    98E0A97A-CC17-4FFE-8FF0-8764E3F5596A.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 72
How do we know how much it would cost?

The "sloppy" killing IMO shows exactly that - desperation and no knowledge of what they were actually undertaking. It was probably just one person targeted (which we seem to keep hearing) but this amateur went mental in a panicked state.
And if the hire was for just one, The others could have been incidental ‍♀️

<modsnip - quoted post with not-approved source>

I remember seeing that there was some “ceiling material” (it looked like corrugated tin or vinyl) that had come loose from the underside of the decking and was hanging down a few inches (I.e., outdoor ceiling above the patio outside the 2nd floor sliding doors and below the decking outside the 3rd floor sliding doors). If the killer ever went out the 3rd floor sliding doors onto that deck (perhaps to leave the scene), I wonder if there is any possibility that there could be anything that might have dripped or dropped through the decking to be captured on the upper side of that ceiling material.

ETA: can be seen at 0:52 in this news footage

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thinking!

But I don’t think there’s a furnace room since the house reportedly has 100% electric heat, as posted in previous threads. Moo

Electric heat in colder weather locations typically is via an electric furnace (internal to house) rather than a heat pump (external to house). That's changing in recent years some, but I wouldn't expect this home to be on the cutting edge.

Also, "furnace room" and "utility room" are often used interchangeably and will often include water heaters, etc.

Perhaps - there are conflicting floor plans, tho. I can see this came from a CourtTV reporter, but what was her source & date of that sketch. IIRC, the original house was built around 1958 when it was a 2-story private residence.
I agree. The other floor plans we have seen may have been taken from the permits they got when they updated the house a few years ago judging by the notes on them.

I wonder how much attention (if any) will be on locals that tuned into the grubtruck stream that night. They had 283 individual viewers for the stream - so the site would most likely have a record of ip adresses or devices they might possibly be able to access. VPN's could cause an issue and of course the legality of privacy on the site.

I have a wild out of the box twitch theory but I might just keep that one to myself because it's reaching! :rolleyes: Also as a twitch user, i will say it's known to attract some different characters.

I wonder how much attention (if any) will be on locals that tuned into the grubtruck stream that night. They had 283 individual viewers for the stream - so the site would most likely have a record of ip adresses or devices they might possibly be able to access. VPN's could cause an issue and of course the legality of privacy on the site.

I have a wild out of the box twitch theory but I might just keep that one to myself because it's reaching! :rolleyes: Also as a twitch user, i will say it's known to attract some different characters.

Twitch is crazy! Only reason I know about it is because of a neighbor that I was curious about-turns out he makes his money live streaming games like COD on Twitch. And it is a very expensive apartment that he owns. Twitch attracts all types.

I think there may be a chance that the perp killed himself after the murders.
If so, not locally. Maybe elsewhere? Also, I’ve not seen any local missing reports that could apply, but anything is possible.

My personal theory, today anyway, is he’s a non-local thrill killer & this was unlikely to be his first major crime. Hoping his DNA is in the system!

Just to give you a bit of perspective, I have highlighted the route from Moscow to Lewiston. I concentrated in that direction because this seems to be an area that LE is looking at.
Any locals on here familiar with this route?
How many vehicles might pass this way in the wee hours of the morning?
Are there cameras on the Memorial Bridge?
Really good questions. Would love to see some local folks’ thoughts on these.

Many insurance carriers prohibit student housing. Talk about headaches.

Landlord question-do you find it odd that there was an empty bedroom? In your opinion (your opinion only), would a house like this be rented out in totality with all names on lease, or individual bedrooms? Would there be door locks? Would a landlord continue to feature the one bedroom for rent even after the semester had started, or wait-of course, if it was a per room rental.
No. In this area, most student ~houses~ are not rented out by the room. It’s different for some apartments where a bedroom may be physically locked off for a slight rent reduction, but that’s not typical for rental houses here AFAIK. Each tenant is jointly & severally liable, so the owner isn’t left on the financial hook if one or more tenants flake. Moo. We had a couple of rental houses here for several years.

I'm wondering if, at one point, it was all called "King Road." Even going back to the 2007 street view, 1122 is on the side street off of King.

So, either it was called "King Road," or the property was originally accessed off the main part of King Road.

It is interesting that it looks like the whole lot had been razed and rebuilt. 2013 street view is vastly different for the corner houses, but 1122 has stayed the same.

Addresses are based of if where the mailbox lies. If you go to google street view, you can see there is one of those big metal boxes that holds multiple mailboxes at the beginning of king street. The mailboxes for all of the houses for the neighborhood are there, which is why they all have king street addresses. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62