ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think there would have been some mention of that from the coroner, she seeems to like to talk.
Hopefully she was given one of those "I will not talk to the press" - write it 500 times assignments. I kinda feel bad for her in a teeny tiny way. I'm sure never in their worst nightmares were they expecting something like this. JMO

The other couple that was attacked is 6 and one half hours away from Moscow.
That is quite a range of distance. I don't know what the terrain is like between Salem, Oregon and Moscow, Idaho. Is it mountainous? What is Salem, Oregon known for? What similarities does Moscow, Idaho and Salem, Oregon have? I agree that these two crimes are very similar.

You would think there would have been some mention of that from the coroner, she seeems to like to talk.
I don’t think they are willing to divulge all information on manner of death. Also, since LE keeps saying it was “targeted” makes me think 1 victim was mutilated and/or posed in a provocative way naked.

What is the cost of a car (approximately) that Kaylee purchased. Just curious.

I've been busy this entire week and haven't been able to keep up with everything that's going on. It seems like there are new updates every day so I've been struggling to put together a comprehensive timeline of details. Does anybody have a YouTube video that covers the case extensively—preferably one that isn't watered down? I don't follow a lot of popular true crime channels, so I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to what's considered good + reliable and what's not. Can somebody give me a helping hand?? Thanks in advance everybody :)

I noticed that as well. I’m thinking it could be a holiday break for Thanksgiving. JMO
Yeah I thought that too but then I was like well crime never stops. People are still being arrested for other things. But maybe they were able to get a nice long vacation.

Good point. Do we know if anyone has seen any ground searches outside the immediate area of the crime scene?
Moo, the police may have done (attempted) a network triangulation wherein it sends an arming command signals, it measures an arrival time of the device and triangulate in network. Cellular network triggers the transmission.

My understanding of triangulation is that police still needs to trace the ping/signal and find the cell tower it originated from, they then have to determine the geographical range of that tower. In smaller town, there are relatively few cell towers, and therefore a phone signal maybe pick up only by a single cell tower thus making it difficult to use the triangulation method. Hence police are asking for a video data for these 3 locations since a Venn diagram will not be possible with one cell tower available, triangulation requires three. Once they find the exact location, they may be able to do a specific ground searches if they haven’t already.

I am really starting to feel that this could be a "murder for hire" type of situation.
Hiring someone to kill 4 people would cost a small fortune. Plus I doubt any assassin would even take the job unless they were desperate for money or an Amateur.

Murdering 4 college kids would bring too much attention and risk. Involving multiple state and federal assets that would not stop until they hunted and tracked you down.

many of the mass shooting killers, have similar characteristics/profiles. I am wondering if you all feel that to commit this crime, they would have similar characteristics/profiles to the mass shooters?
The FBI agent from the Fox interview stated they do share characteristics like rage, narcissism, psychopathic dominance. He did make a distinction that mass shooters want to be seen and this kind of killer doesn't. He also stated this is probably an escalation, doing something violent before, as killers don't rise to the level of killing four people like this.

Last edited:
As someone who lives near several Universities I am surprised by the lack of cameras in and around these student rentals. The landlords around here have all corners of these residences (outside, not inside) covered for liability reasons. Very easy to win a case against a dumb drunk kid destroying something out back if it's on the surveillance video.

Maybe it's just not an issue in Moscow, ID, but it's still a bit surprising.

I'm wondering if, at one point, it was all called "King Road." Even going back to the 2007 street view, 1122 is on the side street off of King.

So, either it was called "King Road," or the property was originally accessed off the main part of King Road.

It is interesting that it looks like the whole lot had been razed and rebuilt. 2013 street view is vastly different for the corner houses, but 1122 has stayed the same.
Yes, I noticed that the entire area has changed significantly since 2007. 1122 King is in an awkward spot.

This is not unusual. I'm a volunteer with a non-profit which involves going door to door. I go to lots of houses.

One time I had google "drive mode" going and the voice kept saying, "You have arrived at your destination". It was in a Social Security parking lot. (Long story short, construction since 2011). I eventually gave up and found the house when I went to another street.

Property/public records also get weird when there is new construction.
I often wonder if this parcel was previously part of a larger lot on King Rd and it was eventually subdivided? The property was then addressed on King Rd, even though the front door faces Queen Rd. Historical aerials from 1957, show King Rd was likely rural driveway. Queen Rd didn't exist at the time. Unfortunately, it doesn't show the area where 1122 is located. The next aerial available is dated 1981. I kinda think King always dead ended where it does today.

Unfortunately, Latah County doesn't seem to have public records for construction dates.
I bet mail carriers have alot of interesting address stories. (Sorry this is silly and long winded..LOL)
Anyway, this set up isn't unusual. Historic Aerials: Viewer
Screenshot Capture - 2022-11-28 - 11-14-32.png
Screenshot Capture - 2022-11-28 - 11-15-47.png

The grey house has a camera at the door.

Just a note on home cameras:
1. The owner can set the viewing parameters: just the immediate front door area, to the sidewalk, across the street, etc.
2. The owner can set the motion parameters. Ex: alert/record only when something bigger than cat appears.
2. The owner can set the recording parameters. Example: record constantly, record every 10 seconds, or record constantly when motion is detected (again, per set parameters) and record every 10 seconds otherwise.

A helpful example: hit & run in front of my house. The birds-eye camera that records constantly (regardless of motion) caught it. The cameras that records every 10 seconds *unless* there’s motion within a few feet of the door/windows did not because it happened in under 10 seconds. No camera got the plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni