ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

This former FBI agent thinks the killer has likely done something like this before.
I am thinking and agree with most of what this dude is saying and his analysis. Not sure if I believe the killer did something like this before. Also, I think the killer lives close by.

Last edited:
Many here have speculated about a well planned detailed attack for someone to get in and out of the house quickly without being seen. This is at odds with what has otherwise been described as a manic rage scene. Cameras may be present all over the campus, but in this neighborhood, there are probably few cameras. Advanced security systems are not common in private houses housing many students.

I suspect the perp just got lucky (so far). Someone walking around dressed like a college student wearing a hoodie would not stand out. As long as he stayed off campus he could easily walk away. If he wore dark clothing and avoided bright lights, blood would not be noticed by cameras.

I suspect he is not a college student, but lives (or works) somewhere near the crime. I don't have a reason for why he would spare the two women in the basement, but wonder is something happened in the house that spooked him and made him leave (barking dog, loud noise, a scream, etc.)

Sorry if previously debunked but quick question please. Is the interior accessible via the lower level car port? If so then could the killer have been hiding in one of their cars?

Your explanation is so helpful. I don’t know the roads or anything, but it sounds like this would allow him plenty of time to go somewhere and dispose of everything before daybreak.
Just to give you a bit of perspective, I have highlighted the route from Moscow to Lewiston. I concentrated in that direction because this seems to be an area that LE is looking at.
Any locals on here familiar with this route?
How many vehicles might pass this way in the wee hours of the morning?
Are there cameras on the Memorial Bridge?

Attachments

• BCA6F913-F3C7-40B0-A3B8-1BD53148E780.jpeg
    BCA6F913-F3C7-40B0-A3B8-1BD53148E780.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 49
is there a blue print of the ground floor? was it usual for the two survivors to sleep there? was it usual for the second bedroom on the first floor not to be used?

I have been studying the area that Moscow PD has requested video footage from:

West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)

A couple of things stood out to me:
They are basically looking at the area south of the university and not including the University itself. Is it because there are enough cameras on campus that they didn’t need any more footage or they didn’t spot any unusual movement there?
The north boundary of the area they are looking at is Taylor Rd. This is the road that runs between Greek Row and the victims‘ home.
The west boundary is the Arboretum/Botanical Gardens
The south boundary, W Palouse River Dr, is basically the southernmost east-west road in town.
The east boundary is Highway 95 S. This makes sense and squares off the area EXCEPT they want footage that goes all the way down 95S past W Palouse River Dr to the 2700 block. This is at the approximate location of Wasankari Construction which is at 2730.
When Moscow PD released their map, they showed a squared off area, but they weren’t showing W Palouse River Dr as the southern boundary. Why? Granted the 2700 block is less than a mile from the intersection but I think something, a vehicle, has caught their eye on 95 south of town and they are trying to track its movements that night.
Does Wasankari Construction have a video camera that showed something that caught their interest that night; a vehicle that may have been observed one or more times between 3:00 am and 6:00 am near the crime scene and then seen heading south out of town on Hwy 95?
I’ve attached 2 maps; the one released by Moscow PD and one I drew to explain what I am trying to say. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Thoughts?
Moo, they search someone’s phone records and that person cell towers ping in those location. One of this location is in Botanical which is rural, no houses there.

not at all. you am saying they the killer may now be deceased somewhere. that is a lot of stress to handle and can cause some killers to take their own life. could have even been the plan
I'm wondering if in your scenario the perp would have been obviously distressed prior to the murders. This being a murder suicide would be pretty unusual for several reasons. JMO

This is a .gov site:

Re-looking at the floorplan with the correct stairs made me think again (sorry, could not quote it, maybe because it was only quote and attachment) about an aspect I have neglected for week(s) now: did the murderer at any point enter the empty bedroom on the 2nd floor?

MOO: If he entered through the 2nd floor patio door and he took stairs between the 2nd and 3rd floor, then it would have been quite odd to skip that bedroom unless he knew 100% that it's empty and/or the 2nd floor people were originally meant to survive. Obviously, depending on the level of stalking, a stranger might be pretty sure about nobody having entered that room, too. But would the stranger not even check, just in case? It is hopefully know to LE if he did or did not enter that room, I have no idea, but just something that stares at me on the plan. I personally would not go to the 3rd floor to kill people if someone right next to my narrow exit path might wake up and surprise me as I come back down.

Similarly, the other questions: did he at any moment enter or try to enter the 1st floor?
And how long did he spend in the house?

MOO: I have no answers nor theories about any of that atm - just something that keeps bugging me. For example, the movements as described with the if's before, they kinda feel off with the "stranger goes to the 3rd floor, E/X hears something, E & X get killed for that reason" theory. I would expect one to watch his back more, so to say. Maybe the movements are wrong, maybe the stranger targeting 3rd floor is wrong. But maybe it's just the level of rage. Argh, the more I think the less ideas I have.

I have been studying the area that Moscow PD has requested video footage from:

West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)

A couple of things stood out to me:
They are basically looking at the area south of the university and not including the University itself. Is it because there are enough cameras on campus that they didn’t need any more footage or they didn’t spot any unusual movement there?
The north boundary of the area they are looking at is Taylor Rd. This is the road that runs between Greek Row and the victims‘ home.
The west boundary is the Arboretum/Botanical Gardens
The south boundary, W Palouse River Dr, is basically the southernmost east-west road in town.
The east boundary is Highway 95 S. This makes sense and squares off the area EXCEPT they want footage that goes all the way down 95S past W Palouse River Dr to the 2700 block. This is at the approximate location of Wasankari Construction which is at 2730.
When Moscow PD released their map, they showed a squared off area, but they weren’t showing W Palouse River Dr as the southern boundary. Why? Granted the 2700 block is less than a mile from the intersection but I think something, a vehicle, has caught their eye on 95 south of town and they are trying to track its movements that night.
Does Wasankari Construction have a video camera that showed something that caught their interest that night; a vehicle that may have been observed one or more times between 3:00 am and 6:00 am near the crime scene and then seen heading south out of town on Hwy 95?
I’ve attached 2 maps; the one released by Moscow PD and one I drew to explain what I am trying to say. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member