ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't get over how many potentially risky situations this killer walked into to accomplish their goal. Let's assume killer was just walking in never having been into the house before.

1. Going into a house with 5-6 people minimum who may or may not fight back, not be asleep etc.
2. Going into multiple rooms where he didn't know the layout of beds, preseence of weapons etc.
3. Going into a house with MANY ways to exit.
4. Entering a house with at least 1 male who was fairly large in size.
5. Going into rooms not knowing what could be heard from rooms under, above or next to someone else.
6. Choosing a house with so much visibility to the houses around due to it's positioning.
7. Entering a home with a dog. As a lifelong Lab owner, my dogs might lay on someone coming in, freak out and bark, want to "play" and jump all over them thinking it was a game. They are such wildcards.
8. Entering a home potentially with so much technology, their's maybe included. Anyone could dial 911 if they heard something, their phone if they brought it could try to access the wifi, etc.

And so much more. It just really boggles the mind that this killer took so many risks, and thus far has managed to remain under the radar, at least publicly.
I think this speaks to this being a rage killing because individuals who kill in a rage often do so without any semblance of a detailed plan, exit route, etc. The mind gets fixated on a one track goal of kill my target(s) and it's not that the 'reward' in the killers mind outweighs the risk, the risks simply don't matter because the obsession to kill becomes so great.

I've read several interviews with killers who have said this. Why did you kill this person in broad daylight? Why did you kill them in a house with cameras? etc. and the answer is always some variant of - none of that mattered when their obsession to kill/punish their target(s) became so great it consumed them.

I have been studying the area that Moscow PD has requested video footage from:

West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)

A couple of things stood out to me:
They are basically looking at the area south of the university and not including the University itself. Is it because there are enough cameras on campus that they didn’t need any more footage or they didn’t spot any unusual movement there?
The north boundary of the area they are looking at is Taylor Rd. This is the road that runs between Greek Row and the victims‘ home.
The west boundary is the Arboretum/Botanical Gardens
The south boundary, W Palouse River Dr, is basically the southernmost east-west road in town.
The east boundary is Highway 95 S. This makes sense and squares off the area EXCEPT they want footage that goes all the way down 95S past W Palouse River Dr to the 2700 block. This is at the approximate location of Wasankari Construction which is at 2730.
When Moscow PD released their map, they showed a squared off area, but they weren’t showing W Palouse River Dr as the southern boundary. Why? Granted the 2700 block is less than a mile from the intersection but I think something, a vehicle, has caught their eye on 95 south of town and they are trying to track its movements that night.
Does Wasankari Construction have a video camera that showed something that caught their interest that night; a vehicle that may have been observed one or more times between 3:00 am and 6:00 am near the crime scene and then seen heading south out of town on Hwy 95?
I’ve attached 2 maps; the one released by Moscow PD and one I drew to explain what I am trying to say. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• FC9B6A81-F6B9-4FE8-AA7D-F75D3D965BC4.jpeg
    FC9B6A81-F6B9-4FE8-AA7D-F75D3D965BC4.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 71375335-9C5C-4C29-B903-4BC73D2903EC.jpeg
    71375335-9C5C-4C29-B903-4BC73D2903EC.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 223
Not sure if that's the case. LE has said multiple times they believe the killer entered through the sliding glass door on the first floor.<modsnip>
he may have entered through the slider but when did he do that? the day before or the moment before the attack. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if that's the case. LE has said multiple times they believe the killer entered through the sliding glass door on the first floor. You think the perp is still in the home? Sorry - confused here :(
Yeah, I doubt the killer hung around very long after the crime. He would have wanted to leave while it was still dark, I would think. Didn't police say the door was open when they arrived? I don't know if that means it was unlocked or if the roommates and friends had found it unlocked or open, or had used the door themselves. Do we know if they normally locked windows and doors at night? Either way, sliding glass doors are pretty easy to get open, depending on the type of lock.

Not sure if that's the case. LE has said multiple times they believe the killer entered through the sliding glass door on the first floor. You think the perp is still in the home? Sorry - confused here :(
Which door? The sliding glass door on the 2nd or 3rd or the key pad door on the first. Also, I didn't realize LE made that statement.

I would like to know where and what each was doing from like 4-9? As well as what time the game was and if they attended. I don’t believe the dance was that day but could be wrong as I’ve seen and heard different days.
Also if E was in the hall after hearing something and the killer appeared with a knife wouldn’t there have been quite a struggle? To me it suggests the killer very strong and possibly big. Or is a person with a knife able to overtake someone right away?

I would like to know where and what each was doing from like 4-9? As well as what time the game was and if they attended. I don’t believe the dance was that day but could be wrong as I’ve seen and heard different days.
Also if E was in the hall after hearing something and the killer appeared with a knife wouldn’t there have been quite a struggle? To me it suggests the killer very strong and possibly big. Or is a person with a knife able to overtake someone right away?
''Police reported that two of the victims likely fought back and suffered defensive wounds trying to ward off the slasher.''

Which door? The sliding glass door on the 2nd or 3rd or the key pad door on the first. Also, I didn't realize LE made that statement.
I thought it was Kaylee's Dad who said that about the slider? There are pictures of evidence stickers on that back sliding door though.

Attachments

• 64869207-11461727-Because_Dylan_and_Bethany_were_untouched_by_the_killer_on_the_fi-a-122_16692...jpg
    64869207-11461727-Because_Dylan_and_Bethany_were_untouched_by_the_killer_on_the_fi-a-122_16692...jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 162
'Police in Moscow are grappling with a rise in calls as the small town community remains racked by fear with the killer or killers still at large two weeks on from the murders of four University of Idaho students in a brutal knife attack.

Since 13 November – the day of the murders – Moscow Police have received 78 calls for “unusual circumstances” and 36 requests to check the welfare of loved ones, an increase from 70 and 18 respectively, for the whole of October, according to a press release shared on Sunday.

“We understand there is a sense of fear within our community,” police said.

Students are expected to return to Moscow on Monday following the Thanksgiving break but it remains to be seen how many will come back in person as – two weeks on from the 13 November murders – no arrests have been made and no suspects have been identified.''

he may have entered through the slider but when did he do that? the day before or the moment before the attack. <modsnip>

I was thinking yesterday about the dog, did someone let the dog out to potty, (appears to be fenced in backyard), and walk away from door (unlocked) for someone to come in.

Jmo

Just a few thoughts; night vision googles would have been more detrimental than helpful w neon signs & fairy lights.

A Kabar is very much used as a utility knife, spouse is a retired Marine w multiple combat deployments. It got regular use camping, opening Amazon, household chores, hunting, fishing, opening MRE’s, etc. His kabar was first & foremost a tool. It could be employed as a weapon if absolutely necessary, but that wasn’t its purpose. Earlier threads saw posts that seem to imply all US military, including ROTC students have been trained to break into homes & incapacitate folks with knifes, they haven’t. ROTC students are training to compete for Officer positions; studying leadership, ethics, geopolitics, etc while being introduced to military customs, land navigation, military tactics, marksmanship, and maintaining/achieving fitness. While service members will receive personal protection/hand to hand combat training as part of their standard military training (branch specific) the ONLY members who would be training to sneak into houses & kill people quietly would be elite special forces units which are a very small percentage of the military.

<modsnip>
LE will check each victim’s phone. They will check text messages and calls and GPS data. Then they will look at the apps on the phone. Each app they want to examine to see activity requires a different affidavit and warrant. These may turn up even more information which then requires more affidavits. This is why these digital investigations take so much time.

Did any of the 4 attend the football game that day? It was a 4pm home game against UC Davis. That’s about 13 hours away so I don’t know that many would have attended but I’m guessing some diehard fans did. Did one or more of the victims go to the game and catch the eye of someone from out of town, or anger someone from out of town and were followed that night? I doubt that happened but if it did, the killer is long gone.

I think something, a vehicle, has caught their eye on 95 south of town and they are trying to track its movements that night.
Does Wasankari Construction have a video camera that showed something that caught their interest that night; a vehicle that may have been observed one or more times between 3:00 am and 6:00 am near the crime scene and then seen heading south out of town on Hwy 95?
Fascinating analysis, thanks for sharing!

From link..
So then is this very crude drawing I made the most likely path of the killer? Red is where he would've entered and gone and blue is the route back out when finished. The 'X' markings are where murders physically occurred.

I put a question mark next to KG on the third floor because several reports had mentioned that she was in the process of moving out and that weekend was one of her final trips back before taking a job in another state I believe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The question mark is it hasn't been confirmed yet that her bedding, frame, etc. was still in her room so there has been speculation that she was sleeping in MM's room.

Attachments

• House.png
    House.png
    443.2 KB · Views: 236
LE will check each victim’s phone. They will check text messages and calls and GPS data. Then they will look at the apps on the phone. Each app they want to examine to see activity requires a different affidavit and warrant. These may turn up even more information which then requires more affidavits. This is why these digital investigations take so much time.
I suppose we may need to wait months then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double