ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is LE 99% sure of, but can’t tell us.

1) How many killers.
2) Whether killer/s are right or left handed
3) If any of the victims were ever threatened via text or social media
4) If killer or killers had to have been familiar with the building
5) Whether bedroom doors were locked

Anything else?

6) Potentially, the height
7) whether the killer is expected to have any scratches or bruises from the altercation
8) maybe, just maybe, if there are footprints left, the type of the gait - if it is unusual (e.g., excessive pronation or supination. The length of steps might confirm the height too).

Ugh this is so discouraging I just cant imagine how they dont have a POI unless it was a total stranger.
While it feels frustrating for so many, Moo is that they really have to sort through a lot of interviews, tapes, evidence, tips, etc…so when they do say a PoI and make an arrest, the defense won’t turn suspect(s) into Mary Poppins and have nabbed go Scott free. Unless it’s a glaring known, this stuff takes time…

I agree.

I believe that they do have a poi or more. Law enforcement keeps a tight lid on many aspects of the investigation for the reasons you state in most cases and I'd also bet the Farm that there is a lot that hasn't been divulged. Just my opinion of course. With the crime scene being as described I'd find it hard pressed for the killer to not leave any DNA behind or maybe some other piece of evidence. There are other elements at play here that they do not want released for sure.

Interesting fact that caught my eye was that there was no evidence of forced entry. The surviving roommates have been cleared. Did they leave a door or window unlocked accidentally? Very strange circumstance in my opinion. Either way, I think the point of entry was from the back of the house where the sliding glass doors are or around that area.
I mentioned a couple days ago, but it got lost in other typo comments lol..... That I'd lived on the 2nd floor of 2 story house plus basement. Basement roommate would crank the thermostat and all the heat went up to my floor, and I kept my window cracked in the winter. I too wonder if a window was cracked. And, the lady in the house across the street (with the infant) said she'd not locked her doors before but does now. I really hope they catch this killer and sooner than later!

Based on this video, put me down for another "bet the farm" claim. The way he phrased this and with other details we have, I feel almost certain that the call was for an unresponsive female (and it sounds like on 2nd floor) in addition to the two victims there and two victims on third floor. If it wasn't a survivor then he sure did a damn fine job of complicating how to state that. He was trying not to give away too much, but IMO in the process, he did.

I'm assuming she saw something, and possibly fainted. Could've even hit her head on the floor when she went down, making her "unresponsive" when other surviving roommate and/or friends who had been called over reached her.

Here's how I envision it:

911 operator: "what's your emergency"
Caller: "my friend/roommate fell and won't get up"
911 operator: "are they breathing?" "Is their chest rising?"
Caller: "yes"
911 operator: "can they hear you?"
Caller: "no"
911 operator: "do they respond when you touch them?"
911 operator: "so they're unresponsive?"

Seems as simple as that. We don't know precisely where they were located, but my inclination is 2nd floor based on the statement in the video. All of this technical debate regarding unresponsive is unnecessary. Person was not responding. Period. It's not a complicated word.

And as far as speculation that the killer was one of the people in the house that night? I'd pretty much guarantee that was a fact. lol

In 2021 Idaho had 36 homicides. Where does the necessary experience come from in solving murders?
Wow! That is an incredible fact about the state. We’ve had many more than that in my city alone this year, I wouldn’t even want to guess what it is statewide for us. That speaks volumes as to why everyone is so quiet there and not speaking out, they are scared to death having 4 murders in one small town after 36 in the whole state the previous year. It makes me almost wonder if the killer is even from Idaho. Hoping he is caught soon!

LE have stated clearly on their fb page (City of Moscow Police Department) that none of the victims were tied up or restrained etc. I don’t know how to link from fb but you can look up the page on f

For anyone posting links to Twitter or other sources, it would be helpful if you included a short description. Some of us don't have time to click every link and watch every video.

No obligation, but it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Violation of terms of service. The mods try to keep this fact-based released by LE for the most part.

Thank you! I wish everyone would provide sources. I suspect that is an unfortunate wording from Brian.
Or maybe it's me misunderstanding what people mean when they say the house was targeted?

I think they mean that the killer was going to break into that particular house and kill whoever was inside, regardless of who it was. I don't know if that's true or not, but that's how I took what Brian said. MOO.

In my opinion and considering the discussion here about the conditions that night as well as the location, I do not think that this was a random crime. The fact that there was no forced entry also leads me to think that this wasn't random. I'm not implicating anyone. The RM's have been cleared.

Although it's definitely possible, I find it strange that the surviving roommates didn't hear anything that night at all. At least from what we know of anyway. That also leads me to suspect that this wasn't random. Whoever did this knew these people and made sure that they weren't seen or heard from. With the details about the scene known, gaining entry unforced and getting away unheard and not seen in those conditions and location is not just left to lady luck.

I have a couple of question, at least one of the parents has said that LE wasn't giving them much information. Is that normal for a case like this? If not what could be the reasoning for that?

Look how many interviews the parents are giving. I think LE is very wise not to tell them anything. I would bet it's standard procedure, but even if it wasn't, I wouldn't blame LE. The parents aren't trained in investigative procedure so anything they're told may be told to everyone. Plus, we don't know who the killer is yet. So while it's unlikely, what if the parents unknowingly know the killer and mention something they've been told not realizing that's the killer?

I know the parents mean well, but LE has to protect the investigation to get justice for the victims.

Based on this video, put me down for another "bet the farm" claim. The way he phrased this and with other details we have, I feel almost certain that the call was for an unresponsive female (and it sounds like on 2nd floor) in addition to the two victims there and two victims on third floor. If it wasn't a survivor then he sure did a damn fine job of complicating how to state that. He was trying not to give away too much, but IMO in the process, he did.

I'm assuming she saw something, and possibly fainted. Could've even hit her head on the floor when she went down, making her "unresponsive" when other surviving roommate and/or friends who had been called over reached her.

Here's how I envision it:

911 operator: "what's your emergency"
Caller: "my friend/roommate fell and won't get up"
911 operator: "are they breathing?" "Is their chest rising?"
911 operator: "can they hear you?"
911 operator: "do they respond when you touch them?"
911 operator: "so they're unresponsive?"

Seems as simple as that. We don't know precisely where they were located, but my inclination is 2nd floor based on the statement in the video. All of this technical debate regarding unresponsive is unnecessary. Person was not responding. Period. It's not a complicated word.

And as far as speculation that the killer was one of the people in the house that night? I'd pretty much guarantee that was a fact. lol
The Communications Director for the Idaho State Police is not going to be talking about a fainting roommate:
Why?
A. It is not relevant to the murder
B. Possible breach of privacy/medical information of one of the roommates. (LE is protecting the roommates, not discussing their medical conditions. )
C. The police log refers to a homicide with regards to the 911 call. If there was an EMS call for someone fainting, it is not in the police log.

Last edited:
In the interview with the dad, he says that the surviving roommates texted and called the deceased roommates and they were “unresponsive.” I think it’s a possibility that the killer locked the doorknob from the inside and closed it. This may be why the girls called friends first… not wanting to get anyone in trouble. Maybe wanting some help opening the door? Idk what kind of locks are on the bedroom doors, but maybe since it’s a multi person unit, maybe there’s the kind of doorknobs that can’t be easily opened with the tool, like if your kid locked themselves inside? This led to them thinking someone has passed out from drinking and needed medical attention? I think there wasn’t much blood/disarray in the living area of the house or the girls would have immediately panicked and the 911 call would have been for a completely different reason. Locking the doors gave the killer more time to get away, clean up, etc.

All just my opinion and speculation, of course

Very possible one of the girls(victims) had some underlying medical condition - be it type 1 diabetes etc where her being unresponsive would raise concerns for her wellbeing (diabetic ketoacidosis/hypoglycemia) and would cause franticness amongst the room mates if this was known to them(probably was)

In brain death, your heart will not beat because your heart needs oxygen to beat. Your lungs don't work either. That's why patients are on a ventilator while brain death is being determined, to supply oxygen to keep the heart beating.
Yes but I think that with brain death (assuming that it's only brain death, by itself, and not the consequence of heart failure) there will be sufficient oxygen in the tissues to keep the heart, which has its own neural control, going for a number of minutes before it fails.

This photo of the roomies plus Ethan was taken on the day of the murders, correct? (I still think someone could’ve hidden along the balcony. Maybe.)
This photo was posted on social media the day before the murders, the 12th (safe to assume it was taken that day). It was not taken at the house where the girls all lived.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member