Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the kitchen, correct?

I don't think it is blood dripping from above, because it would also be on the trim/wall above.
It's also hard to get a good idea of detail because of the out of focus tree/pine needles in the way, and the reflections on the window.
It could be a bad staining job. (Not likely, since it's rental)

I once painted my room and then ran a vaporizer a few days later. (Thought the paint was dry, but obviously wasn't) You should have seen the walls. ugh, looked like a horror movie...

Oh boy, maybe they should just stop making these "Clarifications".

Good grief

ETA: I just saw a reporter saying there was a Clarification to the Clarification, but she might have just reporting on the Clarification. My head is spinning...

This appears to still be the latest on their website:

"Detectives do not currently know if the residence or any occupants were specifically targeted but continue to investigate."
Agree, every time they try to fix something it makes it worse. At some point they gotta stop right?

catch-up to the latest statement on whether the crime was 'targeted'

'detectives do not currently know if the residents or any of the occupants were specifically targeted but continue to investigate'
and Bill Thompson apologises

Ashleigh - ' This is absurd'

An update from NBC News:

The Slayings Were Targeted - LE is not sure if the house or its residents were the target

Don't shoot the messenger!

I could easily see it being someone from the frat that went with e and x to their place to continue with an after-party or whatever. Either something happened before they arrived at the house or when they got there, such as a simple argument.

M and k arrive a bit after and see the killer hanging out with e and x. This is before the killings happened. After K and M go upstairs to the room to settle down for the night, something triggers the killer to kill E and X on the second floor. He flipped and lost control. People become extra aggressive under alcohol and drugs, which couldve been consumed at the previous party or at the house itself. He knows he has to kill K and M because they saw him last hanging out with E and X before they were murdered.
It would explain the theory that xana or ethan was the target, and not the other two.

All just speculation though. I wish murphy could talk.
I think that is certainly plausible.

I know this has been ruled out as a link by LE but I don’t trust them thus far. This is perhaps been shared on an earlier thread, does anyone think there is a link? This would rule out a victim being a specific target and point more towards a random serial killer. Exclusive: Mother of murdered Oregon man reacts to possible link to Idaho slayings
There are more similarities here than I realized:
- perp broke into home around 3:00 am while residents were asleep.
- two residents in the same bed stabbed multiple times (one survived, just barely)
- A guest in a different bedroom was unharmed
- A dog was present and also left unharmed

how very respectful for her to show up at the police-controlled crime scene for payments via venmo

smh
( feels like the Gabby Petito style grifter train is pulling into Moscow)
No different than the major corporate news pundits and talking heads, JMO MOO. I don't watch YouTubers or cable news even personally but they're all vultures in a way, MOO. They could say the same about us on this site too! ;)

I do find some of the gossip comments from what seems to be locals very interesting in the live stream though...

From Kaylee’s Father on Fox News…
- Not happy with the statements from LE creating more questions than answers
- Picture of Kaylee’s bed which was made up I.e. not slept in was shared before and Kaylee’s Dad did not realise Kaylee and Maddie being in the same bed was new information when he shared it. They did sleep in the same bed that night, Maddie’s bed.
- Father says it is ‘pretty much a fact’ that the perp would show up at any funeral service and follow the case online. Family don’t want to hold service now as they wouldn’t want to ‘exclude anyone.’
- Some information the family got from Kaylee’s phone and shared with LE. Then mentions the ‘behaviour footprint’ afterwards getting some things in the works. (Not sure what this means.)
- This quote strikes me ‘I do have some incline that there was some behaviour difference as I call them a footprint when you commit a crime you do something, you do different behaviours, I’ve asked permission to give any of that out and they told me no it would not be beneficial, so I’ve held back on that.’
Reporter: ‘Behaviour of her or someone she knew?’
Father: ‘behaviour of the victims.’Father of slain Idaho student: 'I'm not going nowhere' until the killer is off the streets | Fox News Video

There are more similarities here than I realized:
- perp broke into home around 3:00 am while residents were asleep.
- two residents in the same bed stabbed multiple times (one survived, just barely)
- A guest in a different bedroom was unharmed
- A dog was present and also left unharmed
also august 13, november 13. uncanny similarities, but supposedly not related :/

"Foreigners" often get blamed when a case isn't solved or a body isn't identified. There are 24,000 residents in Moscow and then there is the university. It isn't a large town, but even in small towns with the "killer in plain site", the crime is often hard to solve.
Yep! Take Delphi for example, a local that was literally in front of them the whole time!

- Picture of Kaylee’s bed which was made up I.e. not slept in was shared before and Kaylee’s Dad did not realise Kaylee and Maddie being in the same bed was new information when he shared it. They did sleep in the same bed that night, Maddie’s bed.
- Father says it is ‘pretty much a fact’ that the perp would show up at any funeral service and follow the case online. Family don’t want to hold service now as they wouldn’t want to ‘exclude anyone.’
- Some information the family got from Kaylee’s phone and shared with LE. Then mentions the ‘behaviour footprint’ afterwards getting some things in the works. (Not sure what this means.)
- This quote strikes me ‘I do have some incline that there was some behaviour difference as I call them a footprint when you commit a crime you do something, you do different behaviours, I’ve asked permission to give any of that out and they told me no it would not be beneficial, so I’ve held back on that.’
Father: ‘behaviour of the victims.’Father of slain Idaho student: 'I'm not going nowhere' until the killer is off the streets | Fox News Video
So one of the victims had committed a crime? Prior to the murder? Interesting if that’s what he meant….

An update from NBC News:

The Slayings Were Targeted - LE is not sure if the house or its residents were the target

Don't shoot the messenger!

The residence being targeted is interesting. I would assume this meant targeted for possible robbery/burglary, but they have ruled that out? So what makes the residence “targeted”?

Given the latest interview with the Father of K and him saying:
- They don’t want to hold a funeral service as they believe the killer would show up and they don’t want to exclude anyone.
- He believes there are relevant behaviour patterns related to someone committing a crime and then behaving differently but LE have asked him not to share.
- He believes there was relevant info on K’s phone that they shared with LE which moved things…
I think we can take from this that there was a target, either M or K and the Father has a suspect in mind.

Steve Goncalves, father of Kaylee Goncalves, one of the victims of the University of Idaho murders, speaks out about the case on 'The Story with Martha MacCallum:

That was interesting albeit confusing. At one point Martha asks about him getting into Kaylee's phone and what he learned. He stated there was some info which he got to LE that definitely helped. That "the behavior footprint afterwards did definitely get some more things in the works."

Later she asks him was Kaylee the target over anyone else or vice versa. He stated he has some inkling there was some behavior difference, he calls it a footprint, when you commit a crime you do different behaviors. Martha asks behavior of her, Kaylee, or someone she knew. He states behavior of the victims.

Which victims behavior is he speaking of and what was it?

Whoah, sounds like dad seems to know exactly who did this. And behavior of victim's afterwards?

Hmmm would Kaylee send an email to herself like if "anything ever happens to me?" I'm so confused about those last 2 quotes from dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2