ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE have one aim with these statements, calm the public and tell them that there is no threat to them. By saying the attack was targeted it makes the public feel more at ease. (I believe LE know which victim was targeted but they don’t want to give this away.)
Thank you, that makes sense.

I guess I don't understand what they mean by RESIDENCE. To me, the residence and the occupants are the same. So saying the residence was the target means the occupants were the target as well. Maybe I'm overthinking. I am known to do that, ha

I think this is the most likely path taken by the intruder. I don't know in what order they were killed. I suppose everyone on the main floor would have been discovered first, and then killed first.

It's quite possible that someone was watching the house from the back hill, and was more interested in one of the two girls on the 3rd floor.

1669945266675.png

I can't believe we've all gone 3 weeks without LE or any presser or news report informing us of this!!
Why would you keep this quiet? It's very odd the 2 other housemates were mentioned often, but not this one!

I feel a bit betrayed. I know they don't have to inform the public of everything, but to purposefully lie about how many people were in the house and survived is just plain wrong.
Wondering where you saw the sixth roommate was actually in the house and survived? I understand the most recent press release by MPD indicated this person is on the lease but was not present at the house?

Regarding the 6th roommate, on the TikTok video of the roommates pretending to be each other, there is one girl who does an impression but nobody seems to have done an impression of her so her name isn’t mentioned.

Also it has been mentioned elsewhere but not confirmed that a roommate moved out back in August time. This was based on Venmo transactions and it was for bills.

What I don’t understand is what relevance releasing this information has to the public and why they have bothered? Some people have been horrific in stalking social media profiles and hunting every man and his dog down, why are LE trying to put out another name for a target on someone else’s back?

First post here, something troubles me about the “targeting” comments.

If YOU were the bad guy and you spotted this house with 5 or 6 pretty girls inside, you might watch it for a while. If there’s one or two you’re interested in, you could prob figure which bedroom belonged to which girl given the visibility thru the sliding doors. Just wait and as one girl leaves the kitchen, see which bedroom light turns on. From the back of the house, it looks pretty easy to figure that out if someone watches it over, say, a few days.

So, if the bad guy was targeting someone in particular, they’d prob head straight to that bedroom first, right? Imagine their surprise when there are 2 people in that room, not just the one they expected. Oh no, this wasn’t planned! Someone in that room prob starts screaming and now the bad guy is extra panicked. If he was on the top level first, he could have come barreling down the stairs only to find E & X waking up and now has to attack them next to get out of the house. Now the plan really went sideways. I can see the bad guy just trying to get the heck out of that house as fast as they could, thinking that all the commotion had to have woken the remaining roommates who have probably called for help. So the bad guy, covered in blood, takes off. He had to have left a messy trail. Any houses nearby with blood on them? You know, when you’re running and stop to kind of lean on something to catch your breath? Or anyone out cleaning their car early the next morning, if he drove away? Just moo

Regarding the 6th roommate, on the TikTok video of the roommates pretending to be each other, there is one girl who does an impression but nobody seems to have done an impression of her so her name isn’t mentioned.

Also it has been mentioned elsewhere but not confirmed that a roommate moved out back in August time. This was based on Venmo transactions and it was for bills.

What I don’t understand is what relevance releasing this information has to the public and why they have bothered? Some people have been horrific in stalking social media profiles and hunting every man and his dog down, why are LE trying to put out another name for a target on someone else’s back?
did LE have no choice but add it to their official statement because the media have reported it?

also, wondering who told the media?

Is that circa 2018? A whole lotta spills in that house since then, JMHO
I own a residential cleaning company, and you would be SHOCKED how disgusting cabinets get in just TWO weeks in between our cleans! Drips, splashes, handprints..whether the family has kids or not. So based on my job, and that this was a college house, I am not at all surprised!

It really concerns me that LE may be only now learning that a 6th person apparently lived at the house. Does that not seem like information that the two surviving roommates would have given almost immediately, or did they? Surely they had to realize that was pertinent information. Did LE just now decide to release that information, and if so, why? I trust this 6th person has been cleared by LE, though that person has never been mentioned.

Or, is it possible that although a 6th name was on the lease, that person was not currently living there? If not, what is their story? JMO
Every bit of this.

The detective said this weapon is probably something [the killer] paid money for and something that they're proud of,' he said."

Eerie photos reveal inside the Idaho quadruple murder house

I find it difficult to believe that an investigator would say something like that without specific evidence to back it up. Was there something at the scene that made the detectives deduce that the knife was coveted?

My opinion.

"We remain consistent in our belief that this was a targeted attack, but investigators have not concluded if the target was the residence or if it was the occupants."

Can someone explain to me what they mean by the residence was the target?
Right residence/address but wrong/not_the_ones_that_supposed to be killed occupants?

MPD said that they will not say who was found in (which) bed and who not. They have stated that at the beginning of the attack "The four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times".
K's dad suddenly said at the vigil that they were in the same bed. If it's true or not, where did he get that idea from and for what reason did he say it in his speech, is unkown.
He said the family was shown pictures and Kaylee's bed was still made, so they deduced she must have slept with Maddie that night.

After this commercial, Anderson Cooper on CNN is going to report on an additional (sixth) person living in the UIdaho murder house. 7:45 CST
Moscow LE says a sixth person is listed on the lease but wasn't home the night of the murders; in fact, there's some confusion as to whether this person ever lived there. I hope it didn't take this long for LE to look at the lease. Property Management won't release the name.

Thank you, that makes sense.

I guess I don't understand what they mean by RESIDENCE. To me, the residence and the occupants are the same. So saying the residence was the target means the occupants were the target as well. Maybe I'm overthinking. I am known to do that, ha
I agree with you, to me it means the exact same thing.

Which would make perfect sense as to why the two roommates on the 1st floor were in a room together. One heard the thump of a struggle (rolling off the bed) that awoken her and scared her enough to go across the hallway and lock that door. They were probably somewhat used to odd noises since it was a party house but I know when something awakens me in the middle of the night, it's a pit in the stomach kind of feeling until I drift back off. (although, I would normally investigate but I don't live in a party house)
When and where is it stated that the two roommates on the 1st floor spent the night (or part of it) in the same room?

The name hasn't been released.

To me, it means....

the house ( as a secluded residence due to that tree line & car park, with poor security, easier target for a stalker /creeper, all lit up inside, large windows easy to see into from the two rear angles) was the target of the perp and that he wasn't particular as to the identities of the people he killed within.

( in my interpretation, I also wonder if it could incorporate the house as a known party place and/or a house as known to be an all-women residence)

they must still have a range of views as to the exact motivation of the perp
( this is just how I interpret it & LE needing to have broad parameters, ruling nothing out)
That’s scary to think it could have been the house that was targeted because who knows what drew the perp’s attention to it? Does he like houses that are that specific color? Does he like houses with the numbers 1 or 2 or both of them? Does he like houses that have 2 sliding doors vs. just one? I know all those sound ridiculous and not at all likely, but if it were the house that was the target, who knows what exactly drew this crazy person to it. What will he do when he finds another house to target like this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper