ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the Moscow LE ready for a quadruple stabbing homicide, a gazillion tv cameras, every national media in attendance, and doing press several conferences where they would have to speak? Probably not but they have the FBI now and will get to the bottom of this.
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but YES. This is our third mass murder since 2007, and we had another horrific murder (Katy Benoit), all of which received intense national/international attention.

We may be a small college town, but we’ve had more than our fair share of tragedy & massive media attention.

I find these changes to the messaging of whether anyone/the residence was targeted to be alarming, not only because I think it matters to the investigation to determine whether and why they were targeted, but also because it seems to reflect a lack of communication within LE.Even if there is no such lack of communication and the changes in messaging are semantics, it still looks like there’s a huge lack of cohesiveness. I don’t know what effect that would have on the killer who I’m sure it watching all of it, but it would not give me any confidence if I were a student there or the parent of a student there. My gosh I would not stay in that town or let my kid stay there. I can’t imagine what the people in that community are feeling.

Is there any any actual description of the violence of the crime scenes as it pertains to bloodiness by anyone of authority? I scrolled through the media thread but it was too daunting candidly. I ojust watched a Fox News clip where the woman insinuated a blood bath but where is she getting this? I’d like to refer to the primary source(s).
The police officers were offered counseling-- chief says "You are seeing things that you probably should not see." 'You're seeing things that humans probably shouldn't see': Killings of 4 UI students leave mental toll on officers

MPD Homicide Update 12/1/2022
https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/DocumentCenter/View/24808/12-01-22-Moscow-Homicide-Update

EBM: clearly the earlier comments that only X was on the lease were incorrect as this update establishes.
So detectives are aware of a sixth person on the lease. Yet they still only list “two surviving roommates” as being not involved. Probably just an oversight; MOO

And sorry! I have a Murphy dog comment: I still think it’s strange that they say Murphy dog was located on the NIGHT of the incident:

On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was
unharmed, turned over to Animal Services, and later released to a responsible party.

Could this mean that the killer let Murphy out and LE really did find him that night but couldn’t get in contact with the number on his collar so they handed him over to animal services?? Although they do say “at the residence” but could that mean outside the residence? That’s one of the few ways it makes sense that he wasn’t barking.

It really concerns me that LE may be only now learning that a 6th person apparently lived at the house. Does that not seem like information that the two surviving roommates would have given almost immediately, or did they? Surely they had to realize that was pertinent information. Did LE just now decide to release that information, and if so, why? I trust this 6th person has been cleared by LE, though that person has never been mentioned.

Or, is it possible that although a 6th name was on the lease, that person was not currently living there? If not, what is their story? JMO
BBM: Maybe this 6th person has signed a lease but has not moved into the house yet.

Interesting. This strikes me as odd:
“Father says it is ‘pretty much a fact’ that the perp would show up at any funeral service and follow the case online. Family don’t want to hold service now as they wouldn’t want to ‘exclude anyone.’”

Who would be “excluded,” then? Would he be excluding someone based on suspicion and wants to wait to hold the funeral until that person is cleared, so he/she could go?
Is this the victim that allegedly had a stalker?

And if they did, and they were both in the same room, to call that often in such a short space of time reeks of desperations. Oh my. I wonder what they both so desperately wanted to call him about? I wonder if they were barricaded in their room, completely terrified of what what happening elsewhere in the house?

If they were both in separate rooms and calling, that wouldn't be so bad, but to both call him from the same room at the same time just gives of panic vibes to me.

MOO.
I just can’t see 2 grown women, who by all accounts were very intelligent, being so concerned about something over a 30 minute period of time and not calling police.

I find it difficult to believe that an investigator would say something like that without specific evidence to back it up. Was there something at the scene that made the detectives deduce that the knife was coveted?

My opinion.
I was also wondering about this comment. Is it possible that it isn’t a knife but something closer to a sword?

Interesting. This strikes me as odd:
“Father says it is ‘pretty much a fact’ that the perp would show up at any funeral service and follow the case online. Family don’t want to hold service now as they wouldn’t want to ‘exclude anyone.’”

Who would be “excluded,” then? Would he be excluding someone based on suspicion and wants to wait to hold the funeral until that person is cleared, so he/she could go?
Is this the victim that allegedly had a stalker?

What is Mr. Goncalves saying in this interview? “ When you commit a crime, you have different behaviors”. And he has an inkling about the victims’ behaviors?
sorry I wasn't sure myself either.

best interpretation I have is....

Steve was told that when deciding whether one particular victim was more of a target than the rest of the victims, LE usually spot some signs of a different ' behaviour footprint' * by the perp.

( later on in the interview, because Steve is tired/ is grieving he says he was referring to victim not perp but I just think it was Steve mis-speaking)

* at the crime scene the perp may treat one victim differently to another, even though manner of death & weapon is the same. eg. return to the body, pose the body, treat the clothing differently, use knife in different ways he did to rest of victims ( where, how deep, the force act)

there'll be more examples but IDK off-hand what they are

exactly how someone could break into a house with 6 roommates without fear.
The house was NOT isolated, and there was more than one victim. It's a brazen and bold crime.

Some degree of psychopathology is needed to explain this, I agree. The term is now at play again in the academic literature because such people usually have multiple sets of psychiatric symptoms. Of course, they can be found in the non-criminal world as well. It's the brazenness of this crime that makes me think psychopathology. Unfortunately, it's not easy to diagnose out in the real world (in terms of profiling - once the person is caught, they will almost certainly have that pattern of brain behavior). Lots of people with this type of brain do not commit horrific crimes, but they do other things that some of us might wonder about.

Regarding the 6th roommate, on the TikTok video of the roommates pretending to be each other, there is one girl who does an impression but nobody seems to have done an impression of her so her name isn’t mentioned.

Also it has been mentioned elsewhere but not confirmed that a roommate moved out back in August time. This was based on Venmo transactions and it was for bills.

What I don’t understand is what relevance releasing this information has to the public and why they have bothered? Some people have been horrific in stalking social media profiles and hunting every man and his dog down, why are LE trying to put out another name for a target on someone else’s back?
Maybe LE released the info since as stated on some earlier posts it was divulged on cnn. Somehow the media swirl feels like a total mob free for all in this case imo - gives me a very uncomfortable feeling. Lots of people feeling entitled to know all the deets and inner workings of LE - I am not sure where that comes from. Imo.

Yes, I did catch that a while back. But why would M call him so often too? Both of them in the same room.

I could understand if they were in separate rooms and one girl didn't know the other girl was phoning him too.....

But apparently they were in the same room
I have an idea: Supposedly K broke up with him (I heard her mother mention this in an interview but I have no idea which interview so this is MOO.) She might have thought he wasn’t picking up because he didn’t want to talk to her. So she has M call him, thinking he might pick up for M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itzAMANDAyo