ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking that this has less to do with the media preying on him than LE using the media to manipulate a suspect.

His first interview was likely voluntary but he handled it well enough that someone found a way to make him helpful.

If LE wanted it stopped, it would stop because he’s a good father and wouldn’t compromise an investigation.

His emotions are raw but he’s mentioned things that might just rattle someone hoping to escape notice.
I see it differently, that people are paying a lot of attention to him and responding with tips and digital info that runs in dozens of directions, most of which are not helpful. Releasing the phone calls turned the world on J; then the family and LE spent a lot of important time trying to convince the public he is not a suspect... important time that might better have been spent elsewhere.

Do you have a link to support this? Or is that common knowledge? I'm under the impression that victim's parents wouldn't receive the autopsy report until the police are done with their investigation, but I don't have experience in this so this is MOO.

No, families get very little information until an arrest has been made.

They are certainty advised of cause and time of death as well a death certificate.

LE does ask questions and for clarification throughout an investigation and you will get verbal very general progress updates.

I did find that once my family member’s murder became a cold case, police did release a bit more information to us.

There was a lot of party people trash at house found at crime scene which appears to denote to me that more people than roommates were hanging out at 1122 King Road house night of 11/12 to early morning 11/13.
Not necessarily just that day, it was a known “party house”, so the rubbish could be from a previous party and they just hadn’t cleaned up. Or are you alluding to the fact people other than those who lived there, were partying at the house whilst the others were out that night? Because we know all housemates are said to have returned home from their day/night outings between the hours of 1-2am.

I see it differently, that people are paying a lot of attention to him and responding with tips and digital info that runs in dozens of directions, most of which are not helpful. Releasing the phone calls turned the world on J; then the family and LE spent a lot of important time trying to convince the public he is not a suspect... important time that might better have been spent elsewhere.

I agree and that was the First interview that I indicated the family had conducted voluntarily and very likely without LE’s blessing.

I am confused as to why X's obit did not mention her being from Avondale, or from any other part of Arizona, at all. I know her dad lives here (in AZ) but that doesn't necessarily mean she from here. Her obit states she was born in Coeur D'Alene, ID.
There has been discussion of this on earlier threads. The jist is her father moved to Arizona so it is a recent location for her. But she is from Coeur D Alene, ID and lived most of her life there and new her roomates.

This is from the set of photos from Daily Mail of the interior of house through the window at dusk (someone posted link a little while ago).
Anyone study these?
In the photo below, is that the door to the bedroom to the back left on floor 2...or a pantry closet? I'm guessing a pantry door but idk.

I ask because it looks like a stain, possibly blood but could be anything. It's all along the top, as well as the side, running down like streaks of wet paint. Considering the house seems well-kept by landlord I'd doubt that they'd have a door/cupboard/pantry/whatever with wood stain marks so visible. Could it be blood?
I wonder if when Coroner described crime scene as messy if she meant both all the after party trash along with the bloody scene. The clutter of stuff in the photos is a little astonishing to me. Stains do like like result of the crime committed to me but without forensic test results, it could be other substances. It does not appear in photos that roommates simply came home between 1am and 1:5am and went to bed. Like if party was over at 1am, I highly doubt that the roommates would let the party trash of dirty dishes and trash go uncleaned like in photos.

I haven’t been able to keep up with the last couple of threads so I could have missed it - but do we finally have confirmation of where the victims were found in the house, and whose bedroom’s were whose? If so could you please link it? Or are we still guessing and assuming this info? Thank you.

It does not appear in photos that roommates simply came home between 1am and 1:5am and went to bed. Like if party was over at 1am, I highly doubt that the roommates would let the party trash of dirty dishes and trash go uncleaned like in photos.
I don't really find it unusual they'd leave it for the morning. MOO When I was in college, most people I knew weren't going to do basic housekeeping late at night after a social function. We weren't even partiers, but I can't imagine how much more magnified that would be if everyone or most everyone had been drinking.

G. Revenge for possible harm to a loved one of the killer?
H. Delusion/fantasy?
I. A self-challenge to see if he could actually do it and get away with it?
J. Initiation into some obscene club
K. Trying to impress someone else that maybe one of the group had offended. “See what I did for you.”
L. A secret affair threatening to go public?
M. Copycat?
N. Bat sh-t crazy?

IOW, (In other words) I have no clue.

Tedious investigative work and a little bit of DNA luck will solve The Who. The “why” most likely will never make any sense. JMO

A person can behave normally and yet have expanded imaginary world. The loneliness imposed by Covid was hard on everyone, but for people who already tend to spend a lot of time inside their heads, some toxic patterns could have either formed, or became fixed. It could have been the last schoolyear spent at home for some students, or working remotely for some adults. What was formed in that time might be showing itself now.
If this guy is an outsider, he could be merely attracted by pretty girls coming from more traditional families, and visiting a university town hoping for a relationship, and then suddenly "snapping" one day. If a local student, I think the previous isolation due to high school closure in 2020-2021 could have played a role. JMO, but something to think about.

There is no way one can change anything about this time, 2020-2021, but one might wonder if the generation that felt the biggest social hit, the ones who were in 11th-12th grades, might be experiencing some lack of social maturity, through no fault of theirs. JMHO, personal, as I had a senior at home during that time.

the sister said K would often call repeatedly sounds typical of drunk 21yo to me
I agree. Ask my college boyfriend about my ridiculous behavior after a night of drinking with my friends. I recall one evening of calling him no less than 12 times (and leaving 12 messages on the answering machine) because he refused to answer. He was playing video games and annoyed. Nothing nefarious from either of us, just college kids.

I agree. Ask my college boyfriend about my ridiculous behavior after a night of drinking with my friends. I recall one evening of calling him no less than 12 times (and leaving 12 messages on the answering machine) because he refused to answer. He was playing video games and annoyed. Nothing nefarious from either of us, just college kids.
Been there done that plenty of times myself!!! I don’t think anything much of the calls IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leoa69