ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As sickening as this sounds, there will be some media outlet that will look to pay these girls for their story. Media is going to spin it as them respecting their privacy, but make no mistake about it, there's a young hungry reporter out there looking to make a name for themselves and will offer whatever it takes to get their name in the limelight.
the guy from the grub truck has had Daily Mail reporters tracking down his home address. ( he was only there for a late night Mac n cheese but happened to see K & M)

The table is also clean in your picture....wtf?

View attachment 384157
I think they really unloaded the dishwasher and put everything from the sink also on the table to check it. You can see the starbucks cup from the sink on the table.

Attachments

• 09F73A0D-402E-4F71-92F5-A94681CDB701.jpeg
    09F73A0D-402E-4F71-92F5-A94681CDB701.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 134
I can't help but think the girls' playful and carefree nature, perhaps flirty nature, played a role in why they were targeted. (Yes, I do think MM and KG were the targets.) A sexually frustrated man, older than college age, with some military/weaponry knowledge, who felt ignored or rejected and decided to get revenge. He staked out the house for days or even weeks, and got a feel for their routines before he made his move. He would have killed everyone in the home, but started getting nervous (maybe heard something) and left without going to the first level. We don't know if the survivors heard anything, or got up from bed and made noise (flushed a toilet, turned on a faucet, opened a drawer) while the killer was there.
I think that this is quite possible as well. Hopefully, this case will be solved sooner or later and I could see if the surviving roommates and/or whoever was with them overnight could have scared the killer enough to speed things up.

Is that also blood on the shoe in the box?

It does look like blood on the wardrobe door but it's bizarre how that would have happened. I wondered if it's arcing from when the offender has been thrusting the knife up and down?
Is that the kitchenette in the basement? If so I wonder if the cabinet is on the wall right where there appears to be dripping blood on the outside of the house. The outside blood(?) looks like it came from the 2nd floor. Could that much blood come from any of the victims or would it have to come from the one that was significantly more mutilated (assuming there was one person who was brutalized more from the rest—we don’t know). If the latter, it might indicate the (perceived) target was E or X.

did LE bag and remove all the items for forensic analysis? ( so Fox's photo was taken later than the Mail's photo?)
I think the Fox’s photo was taken before the mail’s photo, on nov 14, everything was in the sink (and maybe the dishwasher) and later on they put everything on the table to check for what to send for analyses etc.

The liquid on the cabinet could have gotten there if the counter was covered in liquid and dripped down while the cabinet door was slightly open. There is a coffee maker visible in other photos directly above it, but I would think the liquid would have had to come from the left instead of directly on top to hit at that angle.

looks like we got a stranger homicide creepy guy who lives in the neighborhood probably watched them in the window in the past then decided to finally break into the house threw the slidder might be the reason why on the bottom first floor girls were spared. sad this might go cold but I hope not only becuse I know it takes a while to process everything at the lab and get the tec drops from towers and camera's from town. Will see fingers crossed
Yep...local guy...may not live in the neighborhood, (town is small enough anyway) but I agree someone who was familiar with the house and watched them in the past. Watched them coming and going. Watched them through the sliding door windows in the past. Couldn't watch the first floor roommates, so wasn't interested in the first floor.

Sadly though, even locals can slip through the cracks unless they have a history.

I'd like to think there's 3 scenarios right now from the investigative POV:

1. You have no DNA of the killer

2. You have DNA but no matches in any database.

3. You have DNA with a match

We can rule out 3 since they would have arrested the perp by now. That leaves 1 and 2.

If 1, you may not want to admit that you have no DNA. You may instead probably say, you have DNA and that you are working on identifying who it belongs to. That would probably spook the perp.

If 2, You probably aren't going to say you don't have DNA and you're not going to say you have the DNA for fear the perp might run or commit suicide. The logical thing to do would be to keep quiet.

At this point in the game, I would like to believe the answer is number 2. You have DNA but need time to figure out who it would belong to. If nothing else leads to the perp, I hope this is the case and it's just a matter of connecting the dots genealogically.
I am in the camp of number 2, criminal in the making, just not in the system yet.

yes, crime is a commercial product and as I said before True Crime is also now a massive industry worth a lot of money.

It wasn't so much the case when I first started on Websleuths. There were barely any TC podcasts and most was documentary form - such as Dateline etc or dramas with CSI content.

As for YouTube - it's up to the individual to find the better quarters of that platform. If you avoid watching and subscribing to the crud and instead support the better providers imo you'll get higher quality, detailed information than is available on many of the big budget TV channels.
If ToS allowed, I'd give some examples of where I'm coming from, but ToS doesn't allow that. It's depressing to see that some of the poor YouTube channels often have huge subscriber numbers, but some of the retired LE & forensics, pathologists & other related experts are low figures, in comparison.
RBBM. Precisely because they aren’t sensational enough. Those subscribers that you are referring to don’t want to listen to the cut and dry, boring, actual facts of the case. They want blood and gore.

IMO, LE painted itself into a corner with the "targeted" and "crime of passion" stuff, and it's been all downhill from there when it comes to communication.
IMO, the communication issues seemed to begin even earlier. Within hours of discovery of the crime scene, rumors of multiple stabbings of students circulated widely and even made it onto an online “news” site as an unconfirmed rumor. Coupled with law enforcement calling off the shelter in place so quickly, there was a lot of confusion as to how to assess ongoing risk in the community. In the absence of information, people began filling in the blanks with more rumors. It seemed (to me) like an exceptionally long time before the first press conference, given the scale of the crime. Questions about whether the campus and community were safe, IMO, sometimes had an accusatory tone, given the lack of info combined with the quick lifting of the shelter in place and no known or reported suspect(s). Students and their parents were afraid and some were trying to figure out if it was safe to go to classes and/or best to leave town. I suspect this created pressure for a yes/no call on whether or not it was a targeted crime in the interest of personal risk assessment, but the vague answer to that question added fuel to the fire for people to try to get information from other sources. JMO.

like a strawberry margarita?
??? The drips I’m seeing are far too high to have come from a counter unless the counter is on the floor above.

ETA: only after seeing @Celt1997 ’s picture showing a wider view of the kitchen did I realize the box and dishes, etc. have all been placed on the floor. I thought they were sitting on a table and the drips were coming from the top of a full size pantry cabinet. So no, I don’t think it’s blood after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member