ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that the Goncalves family thinks individuals were “cleared” too hastily (excluding JD who they continue to support).
So this is newer info. I was trying to make heads or tails of what he was saying in the interview the day before. He seemed very angry and I thought seemed to be inferring that someone‘s alibi is problematic or there is something going on in this vein. I think they’re saying they don’t want to do the funeral now because they don’t want the killer attending the funeral. He definitely meant that there was someone that had previously been “ruled out“ that shouldn’t have been.

But police were very careful to say that all those lists of people they ruled out are “at this time. In fact, I thought it was a good tactic to make people think that they were in the clear so that they could perhaps catch them saying or doing something letting their guard down. In other words, that doesn’t mean that they are never going to look at those people again. I guess he feels that they are not. I was wondering which one of them he was talking about.

I am hoping that over the holidays that someone who knows the perp will see it in their heart to speak up. In the meantime I was once again uselessly brainstorming…
I think the category of individual who has the most frequent early morning hours contact with “the house” would be food delivery services. I used to do DD delivery last summer for extra $ and the majority of my deliveries were food to colleges. I live in a college city. Campus police would not even question me because they assume all these cars are food delivery. It was a blast and seeing the kids having fun was great. they were all mostly just really grateful to have their food. I do not know how often these services are used in Moscow. JFIF. That’s my new signature that means Justice For the Idaho Four.

Statistically, there is a small, but chance that both brothers are identical twins, even if they have a sister-twin, who cannot be identical twin with them for obvious reason. So, IMO, the FridayFun's comment that both brothers do not even look like identical is not off, at all.
Thank you. It’s been years since I’ve done maternity and my quick look really didn’t go in detail, thus my inaccurate answer with opposite sex siblings. I am hoping this avenue is all for naught of course.

He probably wore a ski mask, hoodie, dark clothes, gloves etc so that's maybe all the FBI have is a dark figure on video footage walking towards the house.

They don't know where he came from or where he went after. Because of the timing everyone has an alibi "I was asleep alone in bed". He left his phone at home so no phone data places him at scene of crime.

If I'm correct, it will be a difficult case to solve.

No eye witness, no DNA, no phone data.
If I was FBI I'd get a database of everyone of had been viewing the victims socials over the last few months. I know this is a long list.

I'd cross check this with anyone who left town that Sunday.

Then I'd cross check their gps phone data if they'd been near the house in last few months.

This might give you a list of few hundred people.

Then check their internet history on phone and laptop.

Then find the isolated loner male type on this list. Might be very few.

to me, this feels irresponsible, to say this publicly to the reporter

it's refocussing attention on ' two ' but then adding some contradictory caveats of ' we don't want to re-victimise' the two

what do other people feel?
Brian Entin's show also will know that airing this clip also adds fuel to rumour-mills
Didn't LE already peddle back on that group of "cleared" people saying that could always change, their "cleared" status...as the investigation progresses?

I wonder if they had verifiable alibis tho. Like working, ring camera shows they were at home. With that said, a good alibi could be getting home on your ring camera, slipping out your back door undetected on your bike or something

Yeah, but in that case if a neighbor’s Ring camera then detects the guy on a bike… then the alibi is busted and extremely suspicious.

to me, this feels irresponsible, to say this publicly to the reporter

it's refocussing attention on ' two ' but then adding some contradictory caveats of ' we don't want to re-victimise' the two

what do other people feel?
Brian Entin's show also will know that airing this clip also adds fuel to rumour-mills

ps noticing that Steve replies ' she had a really strong alibi'

list of individuals on the MPD site

"At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe the following are involved in this crime:
  • Two surviving roommates,
  • Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
  • Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th,
  • The male Kaylee and Madison called numerous times during the early morning hours of
    November 13th, or
  • Any individual at the residence when 911 was called"
I don't think they're referring to the surviving two. They say "not in the immediate circle". I'd assume the victims' immediate circle would include their roommates, who were also their friends.

They must be referring to other people who've been provisionally 'cleared'.

Also SG says "share the strong alibi" (sounds a bit like 'she').

the second Nation interview - with Xana's mum

Mum very frustrated.
- thinks E & X were also at a bar at some point, doesn't know for sure

- thinks MPD should be accessing satellite imagery ( But who is to say that FBI haven't already provided that service to MPD but just have not told the family & public)

- asks if X's sister jasmine can help with the missing hours on TL.
- mum also concerned that the two survivors must have heard something ( Personally, I think this is where all the suspicion around the two survivors seems to be coming from. LE has told the survivors not to talk to anybody & in Alivea Goncalves very first interview she seemed to me to be frustrated, assumed that she hadn't been able to speak to the survivors. I just picked up a vibe - will try & re-find that interview clip)

Didn't LE already peddle back on that group of "cleared" people saying that could always change, their "cleared" status...as the investigation progresses?
afaik, the MPD statements have never changed - they never used the word ' cleared'
they used the language as you can see at that MPD link I just shared

As far as ruling folks out. I know we have to trust them and I do because they seem like very sincere LE. Remember the Green River Killer? He got away with it because he simply painted his truck each time. He fit 99% except that dang truck color. Could something like that happen here where a simple thing could be used to clear a potentially guilty person? jfif

I don't think they're referring to the surviving two. They say "not in the immediate circle". I'd assume the victims' immediate circle would include their roommates, who were also their friends.

They must be referring to other people who've been provisionally 'cleared'.

Also SG says "share the strong alibi" (sounds a bit like 'she').
okay gonna go listen to the clip again

ETA- have listened to it again. To listen again to what mum says and how dad replies. vs what's on the MPD list

okay yes dad just says ' shared a strong alibi' ( he doesn't say she)

which two people who were ' cleared' very early shared the same alibi? I can only think of two ( this case is very confusing!)

<modsnip - contained tweet of a private person>

Last edited by a moderator:
LE: “Persons are cleared at this time.” = Good cop. Keeps the pressure off.
Dad SG: “I think they cleared a few people too quickly”. Bad cop. Dad is doing this to keep the pressure on everyone to solve the case.

Would you know how they think it's a KA bar knife?
I dont know.

The police seem to have mostly used the term "Ka Bar" when describing the knife. They may have also used the term "Ka Bar like".

In the end, it seems that they could be describing a "Ka Bar by Ka Bar", a "Ka Bar" by another brand, or a generic, large, old school military knife.

But... I don't know how they determined that the weapon used was a large fighting knife (maybe from injuries?). Likewise, I dont know to what extent they know that it was say, specifically a "Ka Bar by Ka bar".

ETA- have listened to it again. To listen again to what mum says and how dad replies. vs what's on the MPD list

Mo - also please have a listen to what X's mom says re two survivors ( just frustration but....)

X's mother sounded really upset and grieving and I think is desperate for answers. I think she really wonders how it's possible the two surviving roommates were oblivious to the attacks but we've heard from a previous tenant that sound didn't travel well if you were downstairs in that property.

The state is in the US. You can't sell or transfer firearms in any state (including Idaho) without an FFL. You can, however, make a private sale in Idaho. I bet the prices are through the roof there right now.
Not directed at layer, this was just the last post that I saw on this topic. I appreciated the first post about the killer using a knife because they couldn’t legally obtain a firearm. It was something that I hadn’t considered. However, I guess now I’m confused as to why there are so many posts about Idaho law. Is there a reason specific to the case that I’m missing?

But... I don't know how they determined that the weapon used was a large fighting knife (maybe from injuries?).

Yes, from the injuries. Shape, width and depth of the wounds, their edges, the cuts and marks on the bones, bruising left by the knife's guard on the skin. Maybe a bloody imprint of the blade on some surface.

I don't think though the perpetrator disposed of the knife afterwards. I think it's his treasure, his most precious possession right now.

I want to bring an idea forward. Sorry if it has already been discussed. These threads are just moving too fast for me to read every post, as I usually do.

What if LE know that the killer used the keypad on the front door? And knew the code? That would explain why they first announced the killings were targeted. LE felt that people in other locations did not need to feel in danger because the perp was only interested in those in that house.

There may also have been signs that a particular victim was a stronger target. Especially since the killer passed right over the first floor occupants.

This explains, to me, the mixed messaging from LE, the DA, and the coroner.

okay yes dad just says ' shared a strong alibi' ( he doesn't say she)

which two people who were ' cleared' very early shared the same alibi? I can only think of two ( this case is very confusing!)

Snipped for focus: which two people who were ' cleared' very early shared the same alibi? I can only think of two ( this case is very confusing!)

I think he means "share the strong alibi" as in "tell us what the strong alibi is" (no indication who he's talking about). I don't think he means two people shared the same alibi.

X's mother sounded really upset and grieving and I think is desperate for answers. I think she really wonders how it's possible the two surviving roommates were oblivious to the attacks but we've heard from a previous tenant that sound didn't travel well if you were downstairs in that property.

very understandable that she is.
agree - yes we heard from ex occupants of first floor - irrc, only heard noise from 2nd floor if TV was very loud

I still think it's possible that the 2 survivors did hear something but as you all have said previously - if that noise was ambiguous and this house had long been party-central , survivors could have dismissed that noise.

let's put it this way;
If you as a survivor, heard a noise but didn't react because it sounded like a nothing-burger and the police expressly told you not to speak to anybody now & not to tell anybody because it might scupper a prosecution, what would you do? Would you phone for example, Alivea G or Hunter C/ any of the family & go tell them out of empathy? Tough call imo

Would you know how they think it's a KA bar knife?
Almost certainly by blood stain pattern/imprint left when killer set bloodied knife down on bed/sheets. Would reveal size and shape of knife including grip and blade. The KaBar often has a wound coarse leather grip that is pretty distinctive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member