ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO Soooooo ex roommate was told to move out? Then proceeds to get revenge by going on a crazed bloodbath murder spree butchering 4 people?

Seems at bit……………...much.
It depends. If they felt humiliated and/or excluded from the bunch of beautiful, succesfull easy-going girls, they may were hurt deeper than we can think. And a boyfriend/sibling/friend decided to help them to feel better and punish the girls.

That is interesting possibility. It would explain why some but not all girls were targetted as well as clarify perpetrator's good knowledge of house layout anf tenants habits. The killer(s) might haven't been in the house before and were not friends with the any of the victims, someone told them what the girls are like, their habits, and drew layouts of the property and layout of specifics of surrounding areas for them. They may have told them that the patio door is often left open.

But it would be difficult to link the perpetrator to the property, as they never been there before.

Perhaps, that is what baffles the investigators the most?

@Sunny Texas posted this at the end of the last thread but I know people skip threads/maybe don’t read the end of them so I thought it was important to share again. Kaylee’s obituary.

“She came into the world surrounded by family and love and left the same way, with her chosen sister, Maddie Mogen, by her side.”

This coupled with Steve G alluding to someone's behavior changing after murders. Just a possibility that something may be brewing. MOO.
I agree with this. IMO, MPD believes they know who the killer is, but currently has a primarily circumstantial case. Therefor, they are working to gather enough evidence to be more confident in an arrest.

SGs interview tells me that he believes he knows exactly who the killer is. The drugs/drinking comment was interesting in that it sounds like he or his daughters have reached out to students who could help prove/disprove something (such as an alibi) but students are scared to share info or evidence as they are fearful of personal blowback due to being around or on drugs/drinking. As an adult, that seems silly to me, but I remember being a college student, and I wouldn’t have wanted my name being associated with hanging out with people doing coke or Molly all night - especially in the day where info that hits the internet is potentially forever.

Copying this from late in thread 18.

Kaylee was a member of Alpha Phi sorority and Maddie and Xana were members of Pi Beta Phi. Kayleee and Maddie were best friends since 6th grade, why did they pledge different sororities and why did they drop out last semester of the sororities? Just MO0, not sure if it’s related to the case but it could be. Both sororities are on disciplinary probation

Is there a news source that states any of the victims had dropped out of their sorority?

Or is this an assumption based on them moving into off campus housing? (which is VERY common for upperclassmen from fraternities/sororities to do)

EDIT: I see now the Fox News interview with the friend/sorority sister where she stated they dropped out last semester.

It’s strange that pretty much all other media still says they were members…….. who knows.

Last edited:
I agree with this. IMO, MPD believes they know who the killer is, but currently has a primarily circumstantial case. Therefor, they are working to gather enough evidence to be more confident in an arrest.

SGs interview tells me that he believes he knows exactly who the killer is. The drugs/drinking comment was interesting in that it sounds like he or his daughters have reached out to students who could help prove/disprove something (such as an alibi) but students are scared to share info or evidence as they are fearful of personal blowback due to being around or on drugs/drinking. As an adult, that seems silly to me, but I remember being a college student, and I wouldn’t have wanted my name being associated with hanging out with people doing coke or Molly all night - especially in the day where info that hits the internet is potentially forever.
Exactly. May tie in with Steve saying he'll wait for funeral service for daughter, not wanting someone there [killer, fake friend or such]. Implying waiting for arrest first, maybe soon as proof is gathered. MOO.

JMO Makes me wonder why they chose now to release the information. After 3 weeks why now? Hmmm…
I don’t think “they” (LE) released this information. Someone from CNN obtained the information and made it public. LE simply confirmed that they knew about this,

I suspect LE was trying to protect a person they believe to be uninvolved from internet harassment.

Also... once LE has a POI and search warrants, even if the POI left his/her phone behind, his changes in data usage will likely reflect anomaly. Patterns of behavior.

JMO

Is there a news source that states any of the victims had dropped out of their sorority?

Or is this an assumption based on them moving into off campus housing? (which is VERY common for upperclassmen from fraternities/sororities to do)

I don’t think there is info that any of them dropped out, but it’s very common - especially in sororities - for girls to stop being active in the sorority in their late 3rd/4th years.

I am curious if the sororities come into play or something around Greek life - maybe it doesn’t at all, but girls can go through hell when they pledge which can stir up a lot of anger/hatred/animosity.

I was surprised to learn that K and M weren’t in the same sorority. Normally best friends would pledge the same sorority. As there are theories that K may have been specifically targeted, it’s another item that separates her from everyone else.

I tend to think this an Occam’s razor situation and we will find that a stalker type scenario is at play, particularly after seeings SGs interview. But I could also see a scenario where a girl had a very bad experience with a sorority such as not getting a bid or being emotionally abused as a pledge (potentially Alpha Phi) and had an older, protective brother that decided to get even. It’s an out there theory, but not implausible…

Just wondering if LE is looking at employees of the restaurant where both M and X worked. Certainly a place where knives would be in the kitchen. Some chefs I know have their own high quality knives they take pride in and move with them from job to job. Many restaurant workers move around, so if someone has a personality disorder/mental illness, it's easily masked/accomodated. Most restaurants appear to have frequent turnover as well and are almost perpetually looking for staff. Just speculation and MOO.

@Sunny Texas posted this at the end of the last thread but I know people skip threads/maybe don’t read the end of them so I thought it was important to share again. Kaylee’s obituary.

“She came into the world surrounded by family and love and left the same way, with her chosen sister, Maddie Mogen, by her side.”

From the obituary, she "was studying to become an elementary school teacher." Interesting that she was moving to Texas for a marketing job, per the friend with whom she was moving. (‘Targeted’ Killings and No Arrest Bring Fear to University of Idaho)

I don’t think “they” (LE) released this information. Someone from CNN obtained the information and made it public. LE simply confirmed that they knew about this,

I suspect LE was trying to protect a person they believe to be uninvolved from internet harassment.
Makes sense. Maybe they fear he/she will get the same unfortunate treatment Jakes been getting.

The extra room mate or someone associated with them, could make sense because they would easily be able to gain entry to the house but an act of revenge would probably have been done differently, such as using a gun, setting the house on fire, beating up the victims instead of stabbing them with a knife. For me the use of the knife actually narrows the possibilities of who did this considerably because most people simply do not have this skill.

EDIT: I see now the Fox News interview with the friend/sorority sister where she stated they dropped out last semester.

It’s strange that pretty much all other media still says they were members…….. who knows.
You are still considered a "member", but you can be an "inactive" member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member