ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be and reasonable people can certainly disagree, but my initial impression is that I don't think his tone reflected that. Almost seemed disgusted that the killer went upstairs at all (e.g. "he didn't have to go upstairs in order to get his targets"). *Words in italics are my own and for emphasis only.

My opinion.
What I glean from this is that K and M were sleeping on the second floor? Please explain because I am curious

Anyone here can call me out, I will not be offended, but there is one family here that is talking more, saying more, and more ticked off than the rest… to me, their daughter was the target and they want justice… right? Like, it’s not rocket science?
How would they know their daughter was the target though?? They know very limited information about their daughter at the scene and they don’t know much if anything about the rest of the crime scene. They want answers of course but I don’t think they have answers.

MOO

Anyone here can call me out, I will not be offended, but there is one family here that is talking more, saying more, and more ticked off than the rest… to me, their daughter was the target and they want justice… right? Like, it’s not rocket science?
I tend to agree. And I think he probably feels like telling it will help find the guy faster - someone was after Kaylee, so who was it? not someone was after 4 people. and he's right, narrowing the scope would help.

How would they know their daughter was the target though?? They know very limited information about their daughter at the scene and they don’t know much if anything about the rest of the crime scene. They want answers of course but I don’t think they have answers.

MOO
special attention that was paid - anything from the way she was killed to the way she was posed to things he may have done to her or put on her.

I would be more ticked off if my daughter wasn't the target and was killed just because she was there.

My opinion.

Reposting this partial transcript that I posted earlier, now that I can back up with the link.

From the Fox Interview discussion about if it was targeted:

Steve: “I’ll cut to the case, their means of death don’t match”

Jones: Maddie’s and Kaylee’s cause of death does not match based on the autopsy report?

Steve: “They don’t match”

Jone’s: Would it indicate…

Steve: “He doesn’t have to go up the steps. Let’s stop playing games guys. I need somebody to step up and be an alpha; be somebody to be a leader. Don’t make me do it. I don’t want to do it. He doesn’t have to go up those steps. Their points of damage don’t match. I’m just going to say it. It wasn’t leaked to me. I earned that. I paid for that funeral. I paid for that. It’s my right. They ain’t taken that from me.”

Kaylee Goncalves' parents hunt for answers 3 weeks after college student slayings

special attention that was paid - anything from the way she was killed to the way she was posed to things he may have done to her or put on her.
K’s father might know that about K (how she was stabbed, if she were posed etc) but he doesn’t know about the other victims so how can he compare or single K out? And we don’t even know how much he’s been told about the scene. I think he is of course very upset and he is trying to solve this with about as much information as we have.

MOO

I tend to agree. And I think he probably feels like telling it will help find the guy faster - someone was after Kaylee, so who was it? not someone was after 4 people. and he's right, narrowing the scope would help.
Yes narrowing the scope would help, but he's also not operating with all the facts either, so his premise can't really be used to narrow the scope without that. He apparently knows nothing about X and E's condition, admitting he's not been privy to that, so though he may be able to compare between M and K, he can't necessarily compare them to the other victims. Between those two girls, one of them may have significantly more injuries and that may be significant in the greater scheme of things, but it doesn't preclude the other two victims having even worse injuries than M and K. MOO

K’s father might know that about K (how she was stabbed, if she were posed etc) but he doesn’t know about the other victims so how can he compare or single K out? And we don’t even know how much he’s been told about the scene. I think he is of course very upset and he is trying to solve this with about as much information as we have.

MOO
I think he knows plenty about Maddie! E & X not so much, but Maddie was another daughter to him it sounds and he even made the comment tonight basically stating he felt comfortable speaking on behalf of K &M, but that it wasn’t right of him to speak for X & E.

I have been trying to catch up on the threads but it has been extremely difficult. I have wondered if so many people being in the house for the last few months and maybe even years, that hidden cameras might have been in operation. That would explain a lot of the time frame and unknown arrivals after everyone was in asleep. Perhaps this would be a student to play voyeur or a maintenance worker of sorts that was stalking one of the girls to know when she was home or who she was with. The cameras are only pinpoints well hidden in some random places and can be synced with a phone or PC. In moo.

I wonder when the parents will be allowed inside their daughters' rooms to collect their belongings? Perhaps they may be able to discern if there is anything missing. This may help the cops to learn if any souvenirs were taken by the perp, as many serial killers have done.

• We have not changed our belief that the murders were a targeted attack. However, investigators have not concluded if the target was the residence or its occupants.

Seems pointless to keep rehashing who we think was the target when they are stating they don't even know if any specific resident was targeted. But that's just me...

Carry on! :)

I think he knows plenty about Maddie! E & X not so much, but Maddie was another daughter to him it sounds and he even made the comment tonight basically stating he felt comfortable speaking on behalf of K &M, but that it wasn’t right of him to speak for X & E.
Yes and that’s my point - he doesn’t have the whole picture so he can’t compare deaths and say one is worse or one is targeted, etc without all the info. And I’m not criticizing him - you can see and hear that he is desperate for answers — My heart goes out to him and I hope he is given closure very soon.

I think he was indicating K and/or M were the target. If E and X were the targets, the suspect would have slipped in, killed them and left, as he left the downstairs roommates alone. The ONLY reason to go up those steps was to kill K & M. E and X could very well have been stabbed because they were in the way. Maybe K and M had a much more elaborate death.

This situation happened almost 20 years ago. My husband and I (we had a two-year-old son at the time) hosted an informal dinner and movie night. Friends had a new co-worker and asked if he could come along. Sure, we said! The new friend showed up with several DVDs of the horror genre. One was called Hostel. The film follows a group of American tourists. They end up in Slovakia where they are eventually taken one by one by an organization that allows people to torture and kill others. Halfway into the movie we vetoed turning it off. It was over-the-top revolting, sickening, and the things nightmares are made of. The man who brought the horror collection DVDs considered himself an expert in horror genre. In our break of trying to agree on a new movie, this new person asked if any of us had ever thought of killing someone. I asked if he meant, 'being so mad at someone you rattle off, Oh, I could just kill her!" Just a saying with no malice! No, he said. Actually killing someone to watch them die. Needless to say, we called it a night. The new friend-coworker didn't stay at that company for more than 6 weeks. My husband and I have talked a lot about this person in the past 3 weeks. Not saying he is the perp, but there are unhinged persons walking amongst us!

I have been trying to catch up on the threads but it has been extremely difficult. I have wondered if so many people being in the house for the last few months and maybe even years, that hidden cameras might have been in operation. That would explain a lot of the time frame and unknown arrivals after everyone was in asleep. Perhaps this would be a student to play voyeur or a maintenance worker of sorts that was stalking one of the girls to know when she was home or who she was with. The cameras are only pinpoints well hidden in some random places and can be synced with a phone or PC. In moo.
Personal Space. Tenants have a right to privacy in their home. Landlords cannot use cameras to track a tenant's personal life. Pointing cameras at a tenant's private space can be a breach of a tenant's quiet enjoyment or tenant harassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper