ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other major development on the News Nation special report from Idaho tonight was that K and M were in the third floor bedroom together. Source they did not reveal but they seem to have confirmed it.
You do realize that Brian’s source here is most likely K’s dad? This is all stuff K’s dad has said in previous interviews, being delivered in such a way that makes it look like confirmed facts from an anonymous LE source.

MOO

This was targeted but it appears as if some victims may have been killed for the thrill of it as collateral damage. So LE really started off on the wrong foot saying that people in the area could keep their guard down. LE main message now is patience while they develop their view of what really occurred that night and any possible people responsible for it.

MOO. There will certainly be civil suits filed against the landlord. But, In tort matters, the causation element of a negligence suit depends on whether the tort is foreseeable. This element of negligence is well-discussed in federal and state law jurisprudence. In MOO, a landlord could not have reasonably foreseen the stabbing death of their tenants whether or not locks had been present. Liability for a break-in and a laptop stealing? Probably. But not this.

I recall early on that it was reported that the downstairs roommates had been out of town and returned around one that morning.
I believe they meant “out on the town”, separately.

ETA This case has gotten to me. A helicopter just shined a spotlight on my back patio & I almost jumped outta my skin.

Last edited:
You do realize that Brian’s source here is most likely K’s dad? This is all stuff K’s dad has said in previous interviews, being delivered in such a way that makes it look like confirmed facts from an anonymous LE source.

MOO
That’s why I’m taking it all with a grain of salt. Nothing regarding the location(s?) of the two upper floor victims have been confirmed by LE.

MOO. There will certainly be civil suits filed against the landlord. But, In tort matters, the causation element of a negligence suit depends on whether the tort is foreseeable. This element of negligence is well-discussed in federal and state law jurisprudence. In MOO, a landlord could not have reasonably foreseen the stabbing death of their tenants whether or not locks had been present. Liability for a break-in and a laptop stealing? Probably. But not this.
IMO this is a big leap. And I almost want to do the case law research, but this is not the reason we're here, and I'm not taking the mods' or readers' time with it, but I think that this is debatable imo. And editing to add that I do not mean a snarky tone with this. just saying that it's not so simple, imo, but this is not the place imo.

Coincidence... Or is it? One poster suggested that symbology could have been a driving factor in perp's mind.
Yes. A mentally disturbed (paranoid schizophrenic) individual might make some sort of weird connection where there is none. Did the roommates know any mentally ill or DD individuals living in that neighborhood in a group home perhaps? A young male news carrier/paperboy? Perhaps the roommates were extra nice to the wrong person? That would definitely be the right time of the night for a news carrier to be awake

imo, just a theory: because e was big and you would want to neutralize your biggest threat, and x was there, so again, had to do it. And if the killer had spent time planning/fantasizing, they would want to work undisturbed on the intended victim. We can't know what the killer was thinking or what he had planned. But given the fact that we're three weeks in and nothing, it does suggest IMO that this was planned, and he wanted to fully experience it. imo.
What about the 1st floor girls? Until you got rid of them you wouldn’t be working undisturbed on the (supposed) intended victim.

MOO

I was thinking it was a young man that believes in free college education and resents the victims being able to afford the education and thinks the richie rich students are from capitalistic families of privilege.

I doubt someone who believes in access to post secondary education for all would stab four random students to death. Maybe it's just me, but I don't get a "richie rich" vibe from the victims or their families at all.

SG: “I’ll cut to the chase, their means of death don’t match.”

LJ: “Maddie’s and Kaylee’s… Cause of death, it does not match based on the autopsy report?”

SG: “They don’t match.”

Is SG saying "their means of death..." meaning, the way in which each victim was killed is not identical? Possibly that one was stabbed more than the other, or perhaps that their throat was cut or something (in addition to being stabbed in the chest, which IIRC is what the medical examiner indicated)? LJ asks "it does not match based on the autopsy report?" and SG says "They don't match". So is SG saying that the means in which M and K died varies from what the autopsy report indicates? In either case, I would think that SG would not have access to an autopsy report other than for that of his own daughter.
I'm not really sure what he is saying doesn't match.
JMO

I think that's a slippery slope and sets a bad precedence. Police, I am sure, are sharing what they can. Being a squeaky wheel cannot be allowed to change there operating procedures. As much as the victims families are going through, LE is there to protect the public, not just the families of the victims. If they can't share information for fear of damaging their chances of an arrest and prosecution, then that is what must be done.
In my opinion, LE has a duty to the victim first and foremost - to see they get justice for what was done. That means an arrest with successful prosecution leading to a guilty verdict or plea. The family is ancillary - the duty to the victim is primary. If it is in the victim's best interest for LE to withhold information, then the family's wishes/desires/needs take a backseat. Just my opinion based on interactions with various LE, Prosecutors, Judges, Attorneys over many years. For reference, this quote: "It is helpful to keep in mind that apprehension of the suspect is the primary duty of law enforcement and that accomplishing this task helps not only the suspects current victims but potential victims as well." is from this: First Response to Victims of Crime - Basic Guidelines on Approaching Victims of Crime

What about the 1st floor girls? Until you got rid of them you wouldn’t be working undisturbed on the (supposed) intended victim.

MOO
IMO I think that he determined they were not worth the risk and probably wouldn't hear and it would be too easy to get trapped down there. IMO they could, if awakened, lock themselves in and call 911 and E could've blocked the one exit. he had to take e out first. Also, just my opinion, I believe that this was a powerfully enough built man, and he probably felt confident to handle the women. I do think it's likely he'd been in the house before, testing his plan, installing AV to monitor.
again, jmo based on nothing.

We all want to find out who did this and for justice to be served instantly. But sending samples to a state testing lab takes time. People need to realize that and stop speculating because LE will give us their version of events when they are finished. FBI is serious stuff they will figure out a lot and give us a report.

Three years ago, when I was a junior in college, a freshman was stabbed to death near campus. Because it happened in a public area and not on-campus, there was nothing the university realistically could have done to prevent it and therefore they weren’t liable. The only real impact the murder had on the university was allowing students flexibility to defer final exams until the following semester and making more counseling resources available for those affected. Since the victims in this case were murdered in an off-campus residence, there’s nothing the university can be faulted for. JMO.
What you didn't say is whether the person that did the stabbing was a student. That's the key factor.

When I was in college, someone shot multiple people on a public street located just yards from campus. One of the victims was a student AND the shooter was a grad student (law). I'm 99% sure that my college was found partially at fault because he had been referred to their mental health department at some point. I'm 100% positive that the shooter ended up suing his private psychiatrist and winning. They had 5-6 sessions together but the psychiatrist was retiring. The student didn't ask to be referred elsewhere and claims the psychiatrist didn't make it clear how serious his diagnosis was or make sure that he was in the care of another psychiatrist.

The system is not always just. (And also, the grad student had stopped taking his meds...but apparently others were still at fault.)

Sorry I thought a read somewhere that they had been out of town and returned around 1am. Apologies I’m new at commenting.
Many threads back, it was reported mistakenly by a newspaper, that the surviving girls had been out of town and had both returned home that night. However, what was actually said was the girls were “out on the town“ separately, and both had returned home by 1 a.m.

So then, how are they all sleeping at the time of their murders? This oddball is in the house and they go off to bed and leave them in the house?

4. is contradicted by what family and LE have already said - let's not go there.
In my theory the first floor tenants were sleeping, the second floor tenants were sleeping, but the third floor tenants were awake and keeping noisy ruser upstairs with them and away from sleeping tenants. Third floor tenants were obviously awake to make phone calls. Don't like wording it like this, but possibly the third floor tenants were awake until their last breath. I'm one of millions who've hung out with a gal-pal and another person in a bedroom all on a bed in a strictly platonic manner (in my case that was the only seating surface). Just saying that could be a possibility. But, in this instance, only one person (the culprit) was able to leave the room afterwards.

Again, all my speculation and opinions.

Did they have any deliveries to the house that day? Now I’m paranoid after the FedEx guy killed Athena Strand. Maybe they should check the victims’ Amazon accounts and such.
Also, a young newspaper boy delivering papers in the neighborhood on a bike possibly?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member