ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, based on K's Dad's interview, that Xana or Ethan was the target. Why did Dad say "he didn't have to go upstairs" if he had already killed his target?
I interpreted K’s Dad’s comment the same way you did. However, others have interpreted it as the killer didn’t have to go upstairs, if X or E were the targets, but he still did go upstairs. Meaning K or M were the actual targets, else he would have killed X or E, then just left.

LE do not or rarely give autopsies in an open investigation to family. Imo
Understood. In the case of my friend, they did because also in our case the autopsy didn't give the exact way she was asphyxiated, so no clues that only the killer would know there. That information (asphyxiation by *whatever*) we did not get until the killer was identified. Autopsy just listed cause of death as asphyxiation.

My point was that there could be other ways to get accurate and valid information that is not an LE release.

Lurker coming out of hiding here)
I'm as caught up as I'm going to be.
We have very little info here. Guesses without at least some amount of evidence can be messy so I choose to remain mum until we know more.
But I will say that it's clear to me that this LE is not well versed in dealing with national media, traumatized families or even with writing a coherent case summary.
I feel for them and for everyone involved. It's no wonder one family has hired an independent P.I.
My hopes are that Moscow LE will hire a communication consultant (if they have not already).
I have no doubt that they are doing the best they can but they could blow this case if they don't gain control of the narrative.
Gotta get your ideas out to everyone, my lead someone in the right dirextion

That is how I felt about the Rhodens But they proved me wrong eventually when they had a rocksolid case and I thank them for that
They did everything they needed to do for the Rhodens My I Believe that’s what’s happening now

I have had a family member murdered and I have also had the misfortune of seeing no justice because the case was compromised.

I also know that when LE asks you not to share information publicly, they tend to have a valid reason.

My family member’s wife suffered the public humiliation and crucifying this person is and she was absolutely proven innocent. Unfortunately, there finally came a time where she could no longer find employment or cope with people reporting her to children’s services as being an unfit mother, as killers tend to be.

She finally found peace when she packed up her children and left the country.

I'm very sorry to hear that, genuinely. No disrespect, but if she was proven innocent, why was she unable to find employment and have to leave the country? Here I think it's been said that LE has been murky on labeling people as cleared (i.e. saying "at this time" or re-describing such persons differently, etc.) so I would be curious as to how the woman you're talking about was "officially" cleared, since you have brought it up.

The sorority's site does not provide a date for the formal.

Posting images after an event does not indicate the date.

LE does not mention the sorority event.
What time did it the sorority formal start? The game ended at 7:09 pm
Ethan would have had to come home from event, pick up Xana and then arrive if Sigma Chi house by 9 pm

I know what Ethan's mom said. It's possible she either had the date confused or LE has something wrong.

Either way, something is "off".
Football game ends 7:09 pm

So between 7:09 pm and 9 pm Ethan
  • Goes home.
  • Changes into suit
  • Goes to sorority formal with sister (time spent at formal would have been how long in order to arrive at Sigma Chi house??)
  • Hooks up with Xana
  • Leave sorority party
  • Arrives at Sigma Chi party with Xana by 9 pm
Seems pretty rushed to me and LE doesn't make mention of this.....
MOO I think if he was at a rushed formal sorority dance that occurred sometime after 7 pm , LE should mention this mainly because everything seems so rushed..MOO
Before SM accounts were locked, I think I determined the location of the Sorority event where the Saturday hours of the venue would make for an earlier start and finish.

For example, if the food begins at 4 pm, the band starts at 7 pm, and closing hours are at 10 pm, that would make for an early evening. We also know from Mrs. Chapin's account that the three siblings got dressed up on Saturday and danced the night away.

I've also seen the Moscow PD site seemingly wane back and forth on stating the timeframe the couple attended the Sigma Chi house party and up until today's update, they were limiting the details to E/X being seen at the frat house (no hour stated), and arriving at the King Road residence around 1:45 AM.

Why MPD is back to including 9 PM in the timeline, I'm unsure. Based on experience, I'm inclined to believe various witnesses placed E/X at Sigma Chi during various hours, and when additional evidence revealed one or both were recorded elsewhere, the initial timeline was invalid. The explanation could be as simple as one or both drove to JIB in Pullman, WA, and returned before anybody noticed they were gone. Nonetheless, MPD is charged with accounting for even the slightest departure from the timeline where one or both could have unknowingly encountered their killer.

IMO, LE not publicly acknowledging the Sorority event on Saturday is intentional.

We know E & X were age 20, and only K & M were 21, Idaho's legal drinking age. However, Idaho is also a state with exceptions for underage possession (beer and wine only) private residence, and parent/guardian. MOO

I interpreted K’s Dad’s comment the same way you did. However, others have interpreted it as the killer didn’t have to go upstairs, if X or E were the targets, but he still did go upstairs. Meaning K or M were the actual targets, else he would have killed X or E, then just left.
Couldn't the families of X and E make the same argument? If K was the target, why didn't the killer just go upstairs, do the deed, and then leave? No need to go into X and E's room. What do you think?

I believe it's been mentioned that there was a Jack in the Box bag with her name on it, but there's no Jack in the Box in town? That might suggest that they went for a drive.

What if they drove to meet a dealer and buy some pot? Maybe picked up food on the way home? That eould certainly explain why nobody is coming forward to say they saw them
I like that theory!

I thought about the drug angle - that would be a way for them to be somewhere without people talking and without a debit/credit transaction.

I could see a world where they left, went back to the house, did what college kids do in an empty house, and then went out to JitB, coming back later. There would likely be a CC transaction showing the purchase (if it isn’t on the bag).

But the JitB trip would eat 45-60 minutes of that time if they did that.

Couldn't the families of X and E make the same argument? If K was the target, why didn't the killer just go upstairs, do the deed, and then leave? No need to go into X and E's room. What do you think?
That’s a great point, and another interpretation for me to spin through in my mind.

This case is baffling. And of course, very sad.

The 911 call. Why do you think it hasn’t been released yet?
-The name/names of caller would be revealed?
-There’s information pertinent to the investigation on it?
- Caller is naming a potential suspect or suspects?
- It is so scary they do not want to alarm the public?
I know LE is under no obligation to release the call, however as others have said generally the 911 call is released early in an investigation.

The 911 call. Why do you think it hasn’t been released yet?
-The name/names of caller would be revealed?
-There’s information pertinent to the investigation on it?
- Caller is naming a potential suspect or suspects?
- It is so scary they do not want to alarm the public?
I know LE is under no obligation to release the call, however as others have said generally the 911 call is released early in an investigation.
May believe one of the callers is a suspect

I'm very sorry to hear that, genuinely. No disrespect, but if she was proven innocent, why was she unable to find employment and have to leave the country? Here I think it's been said that LE has been murky on labeling people as cleared (i.e. saying "at this time" or re-describing such persons differently, etc.) so I would be curious as to how the woman you're talking about was "officially" cleared, since you have brought it up.
Because it is extremely difficult to "walk back" your reputation once you have been accused of something. Our society, as a whole, can be very unforgiving.

I’m sorry about the Rhodens… I watched every single thing with that and my other half to two and we are heartbroken for years
I know and we live in Canada I just never get over that and that’s why I’m still a web sleuther and We come here every day to make a difference and that’s not always what happens but I need you all to know that we can’t accuse anybody ever because we don’t know what the place is doing ultimately we have to trust and have faith and our law enforcement

I think it implies the opposite. If he were merely looking for killing thrills, he would have be satiated on the second floor.

The person or persons he sought were therefore not on the second floor - he felt compelled to go upstairs. Why? Because he knew or thought he knew one or both of those persons and wanted to kill them (therefore inflicting more injuries on K, according to SG).

There was no need to go upstairs unless a particular victim was sought or more victims were sought (if the perp didn't know there was a downstairs, that could explain something - simply wanting more victims, which is a rare trait in a killer).

Since one of the upstairs victims has more wounds (apparently), it's not odd that LE or others were convinced that perhaps someone upstairs was targeted - although LE seems to have walked that back.

The only reason the killer needed to go upstairs is to kill someone upstairs.
I took SG’s statement to mean that the killer didn’t have to go upstairs because he had already accomplished his goal of killing the targeted person on the 2nd Floor.

Absolutely. But a lot of people think E was killed bc he heard something upstairs & confronted the killer — However that goes against the coroner saying the victims were most likely sleeping

MOO

The sorority's site does not provide a date for the formal.

Posting images after an event does not indicate the date.

LE does not mention the sorority event.
What time did it the sorority formal start? The game ended at 7:09 pm
Ethan would have had to come home from event, pick up Xana and then arrive if Sigma Chi house by 9 pm

I know what Ethan's mom said. It's possible she either had the date confused or LE has something wrong.

Either way, something is "off".
Football game ends 7:09 pm

So between 7:09 pm and 9 pm Ethan
  • Goes home.
  • Changes into suit
  • Goes to sorority formal with sister (time spent at formal would have been how long in order to arrive at Sigma Chi house??)
  • Hooks up with Xana
  • Leave sorority party
  • Arrives at Sigma Chi party with Xana by 9 pm
Seems pretty rushed to me and LE doesn't make mention of this.....
MOO I think if he was at a rushed formal sorority dance that occurred sometime after 7 pm , LE should mention this mainly because everything seems so rushed..MOO
Sorry, but you are incorrect. The Ball started earlier than 7pm. It is known that Ethan arrived at Sigma Chi at 8pm with Xana. Only stayed one hour and left around 9pm. He was not at the formal between 8 - 9 pm.

LE does not mention the ball because they know the timeframe he was in attendance.

That’s a great point, and another interpretation for me to spin through in my mind.

This case is baffling. And of course, very sad.

No, the families of E and X could not make the same argument. SG's argument was that X and E were on the same floor as the exit and entry point. If the perp targeted them, he would have left immediately after killing them because his job was done. If K or M was the target, the perp would have had to walk by the room where E and X were. That would have left the perp susceptible to being stopped/seen/confronted/etc. on his way up or out. SG's point was that the only reason for the perp to go upstairs was to kill the target, one or both of the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214