ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure I would reach the conclusion this guy has reached, but I do agree K’s father has released details that are unsubstantiated.

- K and M were found in the same bed
- K was more brutally attacked than M
- perp entered by sliding door or window on 2nd floor

Where did he get these details?
None of these pieces of information are on the Moscow PD Update.
We don’t even know if they are true.

If he thinks by releasing info to the public it is going to make LE trust him with more info, he is wrong. It would seem to me a Gag Order is warranted?

JMO

<modsnip> we, members of WS, only use facts given by law enforcement with the authority to do so. The rest of this chatter is filler, opinions, theories, and speculations. Some of the filler helps us to understand certain factors to be considered and discerned.

Frankly, a bit earlier, a gag order was considered and may certainly be in order here.

I don't see why it matters if K&M died in M's room or K's room. They were together in life and in death. Who can imagine the total fear that gripped their hearts and souls in sheer terror? I understand why K's daddy feels that the upstairs occupants were likely targeted, right? The killer did not need to go up there but the target was upstairs.

The killer's thrill should have been satisfied by fatally harming EZ, if they were first, but perhaps the cowardly killer saved their fury for the residents on the 3rd floor. <modsnip> E could have been the 1st victim after the slasher entered the kitchen, X the 2nd victim. Then, he slithered up the stairs for the two non-bio sisters who were attacked while sleeping. He wouldn't want to be interrupted by the other roommates during his mission to fatally stab them to death. He was on a mission.

It's cruel, shameful and barbaric. We should feel our safest while slumbering in our beds at home.

This post is simply an opinion but I hold strong opinions on crime esp. when our children are involved and young people are concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone remember seeing a photo of the slider on the 2nd floor, with bar stools laying down in the tracks? I've seen it, and can not find it back. It was also mentioned by Ashley Banfield on her show.
Daily Mail November 14, 2022

1670297186431.png

Moscow Pullman Daily News Unknown Date later in the investigation (stools partially visible)

1670297252168.png

LE do not or rarely give autopsies in an open investigation to family. Imo
Excuse me. What are you basing that declaration on?
LE is not responsible for authorizing the release of Autopsy or Post Mortem reports to family members and limited others, at least in Washington where the exams were conducted. LE may and does have the right to not divulge how they are using that information in the investigation but that’s an entirely different issue.
I posted the link to Policies and Procedures from the Spokane County ME’s office last night.
I’ll bring it back over.

I know and we live in Canada I just never get over that and that’s why I’m still a web sleuther and We come here every day to make a difference and that’s not always what happens but I need you all to know that we can’t accuse anybody ever because we don’t know what the place is doing ultimately we have to trust and have faith and our law enforcement
Lol because our Canadian police officers actually pretty good am I allowed to say that on here
Hence “MOO” My Opinion Only

Also, I do not think E confronted the killer - that is just a very popular theory around here
Sorry I thought we already E was found outside of bedroom

I'm very sorry to hear that, genuinely. No disrespect, but if she was proven innocent, why was she unable to find employment and have to leave the country? Here I think it's been said that LE has been murky on labeling people as cleared (i.e. saying "at this time" or re-describing such persons differently, etc.) so I would be curious as to how the woman you're talking about was "officially" cleared, since you have brought it up.

Even when people are cleared, that doesn't stop the Internet sleuths who are certain there's been a mistake. We're playing with people's lives here. That's why WS has the rules it does. When we link people's names with a crime they didn't commit, it lives on the Internet forever, even if it's scrubbed. That's why it's always better to just stick to official suspects.

MOO.

No, the families of E and X could not make the same argument. SG's argument was that X and E were on the same floor as the exit and entry point. If the perp targeted them, he would have left immediately after killing them because his job was done. If K or M was the target, the perp would have had to walk by the room where E and X were. That would have left the perp susceptible to being stopped/seen/confronted/etc. on his way out. SG's point was that the only reason for the perp to go upstairs was to kill the target, one or both of the girls.
That's the thing, IF SG assumes entry/exit point was the second floor slider, the perp did not have to walk past X's room (where she was with E) at all in order to exit.

Edited to add the floor plan:

Attachments

• 1669259857475.png
    1669259857475.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 1669259868666.png
    1669259868666.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 1669259844759.png
    1669259844759.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 26
No, the families of E and X could not make the same argument. SG's argument was that X and E were on the same floor as the exit and entry point. If the perp targeted them, he would have left immediately after killing them because his job was done. If K or M was the target, the perp would have had to walk by the room where E and X were. That would have left the perp susceptible to being stopped/seen/confronted/etc. on his way up or out. SG's point was that the only reason for the perp to go upstairs was to kill the target, one or both of the girls.
Based on this, it would support the previous post & the claim that the killer didn’t have to go upstairs. If E & X were the intended victims, then the killer could have left immediately after. The killer wouldn’t have had to go upstairs if they killed their intended victims, and chose to anyway.

I don’t think either of us can know for sure what SG meant by his statement. We can only infer. That would make both opinions correct.

So, for folks familiar with how LE works, if they have a POI, are they surveilling that person? Probably a dumb question, I know… I guess the question I’m asking is how would they be watching them? Would the person know they were being watched? My only reference is TV shows or movies - I have no idea how it actually works.
This article covers a number of subcategories within surveillance. The subsections in the article are short, but informative. The search terms used were "police intelligence and surveillance in criminal investigations." You may more detailed articles that delve more deeply into each category.

Watching Banfield now and the guest brought up a great point. He said “cleared” does not mean that an individual can’t be put back into the suspect pool. He also did say that they should ask everyone they speak to for DNA as a matter of course as they go along. Most interesting point for me in the clearing segment was that they would prefer to be able to follow up with an individual and get more information, as opposed to them lawyering up and not being able to ask even one more question. Building a better case..

The 911 call. Why do you think it hasn’t been released yet?
-The name/names of caller would be revealed?
-There’s information pertinent to the investigation on it?
- Caller is naming a potential suspect or suspects?
- It is so scary they do not want to alarm the public?
I know LE is under no obligation to release the call, however as others have said generally the 911 call is released early in an investigation.
I think it's likely the 911 call reveals sensitive information/mentions of possible suspects/mentions of possible lines of inquiry that would jeopardize the investigation if revealed prematurely.

I think it was based on her comments to friends at one point. Not that there might be an actual stalker. MOO

I say things like this too... "oh my insta stalker", about this girl who knows me who makes like 10 fake accounts a month to creep my instagram.

It's common language these days for teens-40 year olds imo.
Yes. That term is bandied about all the time and used in an incorrect context a lot. Stalking has a precise legal definition.https://www.keglawyers.com/stalking-laws-california-penal-code-646-9

Watching Banfield now and the guest brought up a great point. He said “cleared” does not mean that an individual can’t be put back into the suspect pool. He also did say that they should ask everyone they speak to for DNA as a matter of course as they go along. Most interesting point for me in the clearing segment was that they would prefer to be able to follow up with an individual and get more information, as opposed to them lawyering up and not being able to ask even one more question. Building a better case..
Yes they're cleared with what information LE has at that time in the investigation.

Hence “MOO” My Opinion Only

Also, I do not think E confronted the killer - that is just a very popular theory around here.
Because LE Can’t give us any information we need to be patient and I know I have faith they know who did this and we just need to wait until they get enough evidence on that person

I interpreted K’s Dad’s comment the same way you did. However, others have interpreted it as the killer didn’t have to go upstairs, if X or E were the targets, but he still did go upstairs. Meaning K or M were the actual targets, else he would have killed X or E, then just left.
Unless he killed them on the way down. We cannot say he didn't go upstairs first.

I think it was based on her comments to friends at one point. Not that there might be an actual stalker. MOO

I say things like this too... "oh my insta stalker", about this girl who knows me who makes like 10 fake accounts a month to creep my instagram.

It's common language these days for teens-40 year olds imo.
Yes. That term is bandied about all the time and used in an incorrect context a lot. Stalking has a precise legal definition.https://www.keglawyers.com/stalking

Sorry, but you are incorrect. The Ball started earlier than 7pm. It is known that Ethan arrived at Sigma Chi at 8pm with Xana. Only stayed one hour and left around 9pm. He was not at the formal between 8 - 9 pm.

LE does not mention the ball because they know the timeframe he was in attendance.
It's strange that they scheduled a formal during a home football game.

Ethan, Xana and the roommates posed for the pre-game pic. I just assumed Ethan attended the FB game.

Nov 12 (Sat) 4 p.m.Stadium: Kibbie Dome Location: Moscow, Idaho Attendance: 7681 Duration: 03:09
Big Sky
vs
UC Davis
Hero's Weekend/Senior Day
Moscow, Idaho Kibbie-ASUI Activity Center
SWX/ESPN+ Radio: Idaho Vandal Radio Network
L, 26-44
Hide/Show Additional Information For UC Davis - November 12, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics