ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know about the US but in Australia you get a very detailed coroners report, so much so when my brother passed in a motorbike accident, we had to remove pages from it until my mother was in the right headspace to read it.

Also wouldn’t someone have to formally identify the body? K and M’s family very close they could of spoken about what was seen if full report not ready and only death certificate issued?

In this day and age, wouldn’t the formal identification of the body be done through dental records, and/or DNA?

Reactions: Dre
Were you watching NewsNation? Did you see the former FBI guy talking about similar cases involving erotic asphyxia? I caught it, but not the whole thing, and I was curious what his theory was (though I heard him say it likely didn’t apply to this case.)
It must have been in the beginning-missed it! Forgot they are covering the story nightly.

The 911 call. Why do you think it hasn’t been released yet?
-The name/names of caller would be revealed?
-There’s information pertinent to the investigation on it?
- Caller is naming a potential suspect or suspects?
- It is so scary they do not want to alarm the public?
I can think of one more:
-It's horrific
The media feeding frenzy on this case is out of hand. Can you imagine the field day the people that brought you Blood OozesThrough Walls Of Home would have with a graphic 911 call? These families of the victims are already being eaten alive. They do not deserve not to have graphic details of their loved ones' luridly plastered all over the place. :(

Decent Banfield tonight. Next guest was asked about 113 pieces of evidence. I agree with her, sounds like a low number considering 4 victims, 2 bedrooms, a 3 story house, entry point, exit point, outside, vehicles. The guest felt that it was problematic that the cars were towed to an outdoor lot, unprotected from the elements, unless the cars have been processed and are about to be released to family members. On to Murphy after the break.
Those cars sat outside the house under 24 hour law enforcement guard, in rain, fog, and snow for how long before being moved to a secure location???

I truly don’t understand this fixation on the elements only since the cars were towed?

Lurker coming out of hiding here)
I'm as caught up as I'm going to be.
We have very little info here. Guesses without at least some amount of evidence can be messy so I choose to remain mum until we know more.
But I will say that it's clear to me that this LE is not well versed in dealing with national media, traumatized families or even with writing a coherent case summary.
I feel for them and for everyone involved. It's no wonder one family has hired an independent P.I.
My hopes are that Moscow LE will hire a communication consultant (if they have not already).
I have no doubt that they are doing the best they can but they could blow this case if they don't gain control of the narrative.

BBM: In regards to your comment about hiring a communication consultant. They have Aaron Snell, who is communications director for the Idaho State Police.

[I went to post this earlier but got distracted so apologies if someone else already has responded to your post with this info.]

I know Joaquin Phoenix has talked about how traumatized he was every time the news played his 911 call for his brother River, and I don't think that's an unusual sentiment for someone in that situation. It would also likely be quite traumatizing for the families of the victims and to what real end would it serve?

It seems to me that 911 calls are released less frequently than they were in the past--that's just my sense of it, but I could be wrong--precisely because people are really rethinking what purpose it serves for the general public to hear someone possibly screaming or crying during a really horrible moment in their life and potentially reciting gory details about another person. MOO
Florida’s Sunshine Law requires pretty much everything to be released, even the identity of the caller in criminal cases.
It depends on the state.

Decent Banfield tonight. Next guest was asked about 113 pieces of evidence. I agree with her, sounds like a low number considering 4 victims, 2 bedrooms, a 3 story house, entry point, exit point, outside, vehicles. The guest felt that it was problematic that the cars were towed to an outdoor lot, unprotected from the elements, unless the cars have been processed and are about to be released to family members. On to Murphy after the break.
Quoting my own post from earlier re the cars as it may have been missed amongst other discussion:
LE still have the cars from the home in a secure long-term parking lot:

The vehicles towed from the Moscow crime scene where four University of Idaho students were killed last month have not been moved from the outdoor parking lot where they have been exposed to the elements for nearly one week, images show.

Five vehicles moved from 1122 King Road – the Moscow, Idaho, scene of the Nov. 13 quadruple homicides – on Tuesday have since remained in the outdoor, city-owned car lot. Parked outside, the vehicles have been exposed to sub-freezing temperatures, snow and potential trespassers.

Aaron Snell, communications director for the Idaho State Police, previously told Fox News Digital the vehicles were searched prior to their removal from the home and were "still part of the crime scene" and the ongoing search warrant. He said they were being stored in a "secure long-term" storage location in the event that investigators needed to access the vehicles at a later date.

Joseph Scott Morgan, one of the nation’s leading forensics experts, said police should expect that any trace evidence not collected from the exteriors of the vehicles "is gone."

You don't think the ME or a judge would hold that info for investigative purposes? Im basing my opinion on personal experience and about 50 years of crime sleuthing. It took me 2 years to get access to my husband's autopsy. And an ex BF that was murdered was never released to his parents for at least five years that they tried to get it. Imo.
I am sorry for your loss.
I’m fairly confident that if it has been deemed protected or off limits we would have heard about it in so many words.

Those cars sat outside the house under 24 hour law enforcement guard, in rain, fog, and snow for how long before being moved to a secure location???

I truly don’t understand this fixation on the elements only since the cars were towed?
Wouldn't any possible biological evidence be even better preserved in these freezing conditions than in some heated garage?

Would it be common to share that information with her family?

I know what you're saying, I just don't think "stalker" was used in that context this time. I'm also not saying the alleged "stalker" necessarily had anything to do with the murders.
Yes I think it depends on their relationships. Was it rumoured that she told them or her friends and they learned through friends?

Brief but too much to cut and paste-
Read the text OF NOTE regarding role and responsibilities Spokane County ME
Then- No legalize here- very clear explanations of access to Autopsies, Death Certificates and Post Mortem information, Mortuary role and more.
Check Autopsies and Confidentiality. It’s not difficult reading.

Thank you for the links. All I can tell you there are hoops to jump through and it is not as easy as it sounds to get an autopsy during a criminal investigation, whether LE gets them sealed by a judge or asks for the ME's cooperation, IDK. And LE rarely release them to family. Imo.

Gives people something to bash LE over on social media lol

-I find it odd that LE still have not been able to fill the missing time of Xana and Ethan. While most people are focusing on Kaylee being the target and the food truck incident, I can't help but feel that Xana and/or Ethan were actually the targets.
RSBM

IMO LE has a good idea of where E & X were - I think because LE wants more info, maybe a POI was with E & X at some point during that timeframe and LE wants everything they can find that includes that POI. Just a guess because it would be very odd to not figure out their timeline by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat