ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bit off topic to what is being spoken about currently but i thought it was worth a mention

If the Corner Club was close to capacity that night....

I just find it puzzling that LE isn't focusing more on the CC. Why haven't they come out and said "We would like to hear from EVERYONE who was at this venue that night" or something along the lines of "It's important that everyone who was at this location between the hours of 10pm and 1.30am comes forward". They haven't said that at a news conference or in a press release that I've seen - instead it was report odd or out-of-the-ordinary events that took place or if you have any more information call our tip line. Wouldn't identifying everyone at the CC be helpful information to the investigation - also identifying anyone that could have been interacting with K & M that night. Process of elimination and all that, the more information they gather the better. Maybe the focus is else where...or they have already identified every person that was in the club.

Photo of what the CC looks like on a busy night - Photo Source

<modsnip: Link is fine but please do not post pictures with innocent people in it>

<modsnip: Removed due to link to personal social media of someone other than victim or perp>
Yep. Exactly. They aren't clamoring for information. Just kind of nonchalantly asking people to speak up. Maybe they have a POI?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think that they have cams installed there as well
They do, Inside and outside but just because they have cams dosn't mean they can identify everyone.

I just have a lot of questions about the CC..

Did the girls meet up with friends?
Was anybody buying them drinks?
Was there a altercation of any sort?

A lot of posts about a guy at the grub truck and i think it's good to be mindful that there could of been 5 or so interactions at the CC with people that looked out of place instead of lynching one guy.

MOO

Maybe not IMO
I initially thought it had to be significant - 11 unanswered calls... after 2am... from 2 different people... to the same person... both of whom would be brutally murdered in the next hour or so. Got to be significant.

But as time went on the fact that the family seemingly doesn't consider it all that significant, I came to agree.

Totally agreed, so many of the things nitpicked are absolutely the most normal.
This is one of those cases that seems to have spurned the sort of need to stay up late and keep turning over the same stones ...over and over
Same!! I have 2 college kids, these kids activities seem very typical of a close group of friends. Which is what makes this so difficult to accept and piece together. That we know of all of these kids were well liked all of these kids were social and doing well in their respective lives. Yet all were savagely murdered. We hear very little from Maddie’s and Ethan’s parents. I cannot imagine how hard this is

Alright, now I have to ask… was the dog swabbed for any DNA? Did the killer pet the dog? May have been some evidence there.
From today's Moscow PD Press release:
During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the crimes had not been committed. Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene.

For those who have said LE didn't need to mention the dog in their daily update, I think they were probably getting a lot of well-meaning tips to check the dog for blood or DNA. I can't count how many times it's been discussed here, and this case has international interest.

I initially thought it had to be significant - 11 unanswered calls... after 2am... from 2 different people... to the same person... both of whom would be brutally murdered in the next hour or so. Got to be significant.

But as time went on the fact that the family seemingly doesn't consider it all that significant, I came to agree.
Maybe the dog was missing since K shared it with exbf J and she called to ask if he took the dog.
But the dog had been put in the spare room by the killer who was already in the house!

From today's Moscow PD Press release:
During the search of the home, a dog was found in a room where the crimes had not been committed. Officers did not find any evidence on the dog and there was no indication the animal had entered the crime scene.
Continue reading and you see this:

While the dog was in the house when officers arrived, it has not been determined where the dog was physically located when the murders took place.

About the locks. I don’t know why X’s father didn’t mention changing locks when he was originally interviewed. He DOES mention that the front door had a number lock - so if anything, I think he may have replaced/fixed that. But I do not put much credence into him actually replacing any lock, much less her lock, since he didn’t mention it, unless LE asked him not to.

‘She’s a tough kid’: Avondale father says University of Idaho student killed fought her attacker
Only Banfield can change dad's words that his daughter "changed a lot" to "changed a lock."

Dad's off-camera interview and the news article by the reporter are very clear and no mention of repairing the locks-- especially when the opportunity presented itself. MOO

From OP's link:

He says Xana was in constant communication with her family and nothing about that night seemed unusual.

“The door locks with a number code. Every time you go, you have to go around the house because of the number code so they either knew that or went around and maybe found the slider door open,” he said.

Perhaps, but I don’t know why this has suddenly become an issue today for a couple of outlets when those cars sat out in the elements for two weeks — why is just this last week concerning to them?

Desperation to have something to criticize LE about, I guess.
I think it's more just Desperation to have something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties