ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
between 8-9
I just realized this means we don't even know (and never did...but it just occurred to me) what time the killer/s left the home. Could he/they have stayed until the morning and then went out the front door? Seems highly unlikely but that rearranges things in my mind. I assumed a panicked retreat immediately after the murders. But what if it wasn't immediate and there was extended time afterwards for cleaning up or who knows. I have no evidence for this but just a possible angle I had not imagined before.

MOO

P.s. I hope this is allowed. I made some missteps in my first posts and they got deleted. My fault totally. I'm hoping this type of personal theorizing is ok.

I’ve wondered about that too as I seem to remember LE saying the majority of the mess/blood was on floors 2&3. That was making me think they did find something on the ground floor. Currently scouring the net for that quote as I sit on tenterhooks hoping this beast is arrested today.
That link someone provided of the photos earlier today we have here some wonderful Websleuths did, has all the photos- shows the police markings in the kitchen, front lower windows etc. I looked through it but I don’t know where to find it now lol

The conversation was if the killer was trying to get into their rooms at 3-4 am which would be terrifying for the girls. I'm skeptical they would have waited til 9 hours before calling for help if that happened.
Maybe they locked their bedroom doors and killers will see if door opens, and if not, they leave? A door handle twist would not wake a drunk girl. Or, killers simply entered 2nd floor rear door and never went to first floor.

I’ve wondered about that too as I seem to remember LE saying the majority of the mess/blood was on floors 2&3. That was making me think they did find something on the ground floor. Currently scouring the net for that quote as I sit on tenterhooks hoping this beast is arrested today.
I remember that ' majority ' quote, you're not imagining it.
( Unfortunately I can't remember which interview/ who exactly said it. Snell?)

I get fantasy. I get unrequited love. I even get the old "If I can't have them no one can." It's warped, but I get it. I cannot fathom the pathos that love, even warped love, leads to chopping up a bunch of people. Just doesn't compute.

Maybe I don't want to get it...
I'm the same on blood on retaining wall outside, many explinations here but I can't break through my cognitive dissonance.

Yes, terrifying, where I get stuck is why would they wait for 9 hours to call 911?
What I mean is that they may have found out how close they came only later. They were probably asleep just like the rest of the house. If the others were asleep when attacked, then at least some of them slept through the attacks of the others on the same floor, so it stands to reason the roommates could sleep through the attacks that occurred on an entirely different floor.

I think they didn't "wait nine hours" to call because they didn't know about it. Waiting implies knowledge. As has been stated by the police, they slept, went upstairs, and their phone was used to make a call. I think of all the young people I employ and how long they sleep on their days off and my heart breaks that this simple usually innocent act is being used to throw them in a suspect line over and over.

Imagine finding that you were so close being murdered and then becoming the Internet suspect of that murder. Nightmare.

I’ve not been keeping up today but I’ve seen about 200 Hyundais here today and the back passenger windows of that car look more like the Accent than the Elantra. Anyone done a comparison?

Let's just say that LE are getting ready to compile an arrest warrant (my big hope is that this is true).

SPECULATIVE ARREST SCENARIO

If they do suspect that a certain person, using a particular car, was involved in this crime, they'd want a stack of evidence t present to the judge. Let's just say the DNA results are not in yet, so what can they get?

First, they almost certainly have cell tower information from 3-4 cell towers in the area, showing whose phones were active in the area on the night of the murders. Figuring out this web of data was probably someone's full time job for the past couple of weeks. They cross-tabulated the cell tower data with various known person's whereabouts (including the victims, but also their friends and family). Perhaps one person thought to have been in the area did NOT have cell phone data showing him out and about, therefore arousing suspicion. They then subpoenaed that person's cell records, which show that usually, he has his phone all the time, uses it frequently, but was mysteriously absent from his phone for a time period on the night of the murders.

Second, that person (already spoken to early on) has now left the community and is not with his parents (if relevant).

Third, that person had a known connection to the house, and phone data show that he'd been there before. LE probably have a few phone numbers where they've subpoenaed data. These would be subpoenas that are kept off-record for the present.

Fourth, a Hyundai drives by the house but none of the cell tower data show a phone that relates in any way to a Hyundai - so there's a "quiet" car for whom no cell data is available. LE probably called every single number provided by the cellular provider for several cell towers, revolving around who was awake and using their phones on that evening, within a certain radius. Perhaps the Hyundai is revealed on other security tape to have obscured its license plate (as suggested by Otto). They sell covers for license plates that make it impossible to pick the plate up on cameras (these are illegal in many states, but that was irrelevant to the mind of the killer). I see these all the time here in Cali. That makes the driver/owner suspicious in my view - and in the view of LE.

Fifth, they have interviewed this person and there were consistencies. The term "POI" is hardly ever used any more. The man charged with the Delphi murders went, to my knowledge, from regular person to arrestee without any terms about POI or suspects.

Is this enough? For an arrest? What do you think? I think there's probably more, hopefully there's more (texts showing unwanted contact with house members or disagreements; etc. IOW, some glimmer of motive.

If the Quiet Hyundai, as I'm calling it, is obtained and contains the DNA of this suspect, they can place him AT the scene at the relevant time (of course, he'll claim he was in the car at some other time - he can go to court with that). But if it's his actual car and they can show it had cruised by the house on multiple occasions, that would be persuasive to a jury. IMO.

I'm sure you all can add to this and say whether you think this is "enough" or not. It would be really awesome if the jacket shown in an early Foxnews video (and posted on Yahoo news) turned out to play a role here. A long shot, IMO.
Hi 10 (good to see you)
Very logical post, it makes a lot of sense to me. I did wonder if the Hyundai was seen in the days prior to the murders around the house but then left town right after the murders when some students left early for Thanksgiving. Perhaps the driver didn't return back to school after break and they've only recently figured out who it is.

Let's hope for a Felony Friday!

MOO

Yes, terrifying, where I get stuck is why would they wait for 9 hours to call 911?
What I mean is that they may have found out how close they came only later. They were probably asleep just like the rest of the house. If the others were asleep when attacked, then at least some of them slept through the attacks of the others on the same floor, so it stands to reason the roommates could sleep through the attacks that occurred on an entirely different floor.

I think they didn't "wait nine hours" to call because they didn't know about it. Waiting implies knowledge. As has been stated by the police, they slept, went upstairs, and their phone was used to make a call. I think of all the young people I employ and how long they sleep on their days off and my heart breaks that this simple usually innocent act is being used to throw them in a suspect line over and over.

Imagine finding that you were so close being murdered and then becoming the Internet suspect of that murder. Nightmare.

Thank you, makes sense!

Thanks, but the conversation was killer trying to open their doors would be terrifying. I'm skeptical about that because they would have called for help at 3-4 am, not 9 hours later.
You’re assuming they would hear/see someone ‘trying’ their door. These are college kids in a party house; they have the ability to sleep through things most people can’t comprehend.

wow
so that's possibly his exit route ( not entry)

why leave that front door wide open when he appears to have been so careful about the planning & execution ? ( A perp would want to get a head start by delaying discovery as long as possible & surely close that door. Disturbed by something. Then panicked. who knows?)

wow
so that's possibly his exit route ( not entry)

why leave that front door wide open when he appears to have been so careful about the planning & execution ? ( A perp would want to get a head start by delaying discovery as long as possible & surely close that door. Disturbed by something. Then panicked. who knows?)
There’s so many confusing things about this case.
Hopefully we’ll be more enlightened soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper