ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I mean is that they may have found out how close they came only later. They were probably asleep just like the rest of the house. If the others were asleep when attacked, then at least some of them slept through the attacks of the others on the same floor, so it stands to reason the roommates could sleep through the attacks that occurred on an entirely different floor.

I think they didn't "wait nine hours" to call because they didn't know about it. Waiting implies knowledge. As has been stated by the police, they slept, went upstairs, and their phone was used to make a call. I think of all the young people I employ and how long they sleep on their days off and my heart breaks that this simple usually innocent act is being used to throw them in a suspect line over and over.

Imagine finding that you were so close being murdered and then becoming the Internet suspect of that murder. Nightmare.
I don't find anything weird about them sleeping "late". I make a point to sleep very late on my days off because my brain needs it. And while I did go to 9 AM classes after a crazy night out on zero sleep, I also slept very late when I partied in my hometown so none of this is suspicious or weird. They didn't know... how could they know? They were probably knocked out from partying. Been there, done that.

Thanks, but the conversation was killer trying to open their doors would be terrifying. I'm skeptical about that because they would have called for help at 3-4 am, not 9 hours later.
Gotcha! So yes, if the killer tried to open their doors and they heard it and they thought it was nefarious they would’ve called police at that time. Therefore, logic dictates that the killer didn’t try to open their doors, didn’t even go downstairs, the roommates didn’t hear anything or the roommates heard someone at their door and didn’t think it was nefarious. Any one or a combination of those is probably true. I will eat a 2011-2013 white Hyundai if the roommates heard a killer at their door, knew it was a killer and cowered in their room for 9 hours.

That link someone provided of the photos earlier today we have here some wonderful Websleuths did, has all the photos- shows the police markings in the kitchen, front lower windows etc. I looked through it but I don’t know where to find it now lol
I found it in the Media Thread (no discussion).
It’s on page 1 of every thread in the post will links to all the threads.

It’s the work of @cujenn81

Maybe they locked their bedroom doors and killers will see if door opens, and if not, they leave? A door handle twist would not wake a drunk girl. Or, killers simply entered 2nd floor rear door and never went to first floor.

even if they did wake they may think it was guests from a party upstairs vs a deranged killer.

wow
so that's possibly his exit route ( not entry)

why leave that front door wide open when he appears to have been so careful about the planning & execution ? ( A perp would want to get a head start by delaying discovery as long as possible & surely close that door. Disturbed by something. Then panicked. who knows?)
I'm thinking maybe hoping the crime would be discovered by someone walking in? Proud of it? Just theorizing as no way to know.

MOO

Question I’ve always been curious about, there was a photo circulating of LE searching Maddie’s white car, but no photos of them searching any of the other vehicles while they were parked at the home. Surely whoever took the photo Maddie’s car would have also photographed the others being searched as well? I’m wondering if they only searched her car that day? And if so, why only her car?

I'm thinking maybe hoping the crime would be discovered by someone walking in? Proud of it? Just theorizing as no way to know.

MOO

yes same
am just spit-balling possibilities

yours could be spot on. Deliberately left it open to - could be that he was aiming for more shock value or something weird

it's so hard when we have no idea of motive for the massacre, so can't get a grasp of the perp or into the mindset but if he is a random crazy who got a real thrill, maybe there's extra shock in leaving that door wide open. It's akin to really waving a flag saying ' I was here!'

Last edited:
According to this Fox report below the personnel changes in this case.

Moscow PD - From 4 Detectives, 24 Patrol & 5 Support to 6 Detectives & 5 Support.

FBI - From 20 Agents & 2 from Behavior Analysis Unit to 46 Agents & 2 from Behavior Analysis Unit.

Idaho State Police - From 20 Agents to 13 Agents.

Seems like a pretty hefty increase for the Feds. So what do we take from this? Is it possible that this is possibly turning into Federal case? Maybe the killer crossed state lines?

I’ve wondered about that too as I seem to remember LE saying the majority of the mess/blood was on floors 2&3. That was making me think they did find something on the ground floor. Currently scouring the net for that quote as I sit on tenterhooks hoping this beast is arrested today.
I think this is what you were referencing?

“Officers at the scene on Tuesday described a bloody crime scene, particularly on the upper floors of the house.”

I found it in the Media Thread (no discussion).
It’s on page 1 of every thread in the post will links to all the threads.

It’s the work of @cujenn81

Fantastic, thanks. Will imprint to the brain. Check out the photos from abc on Friday after Turkey day by the front door.

Gotcha! So yes, if the killer tried to open their doors and they heard it and they thought it was nefarious they would’ve called police at that time. Therefore, logic dictates that the killer didn’t try to open their doors, didn’t even go downstairs, the roommates didn’t hear anything or the roommates heard someone at their door and didn’t think it was nefarious. Any one or a combination of those is probably true. I will eat a 2011-2013 white Hyundai if the roommates heard a killer at their door, knew it was a killer and cowered in their room for 9 hours.

yes
no chance. both survivors still had cellphones ( presumably) '

wow
so that's possibly his exit route ( not entry)

why leave that front door wide open when he appears to have been so careful about the planning & execution ? ( A perp would want to get a head start by delaying discovery as long as possible & surely close that door. Disturbed by something. Then panicked. who knows?)
Maybe an attempt to obfuscate? I.e. lead LE to believe the point of entry/exit was the wrong door?

I just realized this means we don't even know (and never did...but it just occurred to me) what time the killer/s left the home. Could he/they have stayed until the morning and then went out the front door? Seems highly unlikely but that rearranges things in my mind. I assumed a panicked retreat immediately after the murders. But what if it wasn't immediate and there was extended time afterwards for cleaning up or who knows. I have no evidence for this but just a possible angle I had not imagined before.

MOO

P.s. I hope this is allowed. I made some missteps in my first posts and they got deleted. My fault totally. I'm hoping this type of personal theorizing is ok.
This type of post is just fine! :)

I just realized this means we don't even know (and never did...but it just occurred to me) what time the killer/s left the home. Could he/they have stayed until the morning and then went out the front door? Seems highly unlikely but that rearranges things in my mind. I assumed a panicked retreat immediately after the murders. But what if it wasn't immediate and there was extended time afterwards for cleaning up or who knows. I have no evidence for this but just a possible angle I had not imagined before.

MOO

P.s. I hope this is allowed. I made some missteps in my first posts and they got deleted. My fault totally. I'm hoping this type of personal theorizing is ok.
I see you put MOO in your post, that tells us this NOT fact and personal theorizing, which is what makes this site fantastic! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper