ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was tacked on at the end. Everything else referenced driver and occupants. My guess is the car was stolen, but police don't want to give that away.

If the car was stolen, the plate that was on the car might very well not have been the plate that belonged on the car.
The VIN number would trace back to the owner and the registration, and therefore the plate.

You guys, this Dad is not supposed to know how LE works. He's not supposed to be acting rationally or doing anything that we might deem normal. His entire internal self is has gone haywire. NOt saying he is crazy but in times of grief, we do not process info like we should. We can short circuit. If it were me, I'd prob be hospitalized by now, tbh.
Ima say we need to give this poor soul some grace. Questioning his judgment, judging what he says, remarks about what he might do next make me personally very uncomfortable. Our role is not to judge him - but to help him.
This is how I feel as well. Thanks for your kind post.

I have that kind of keypad lock on our front door. You have to out in the code and it makes a whirring sound, If you miss the right time to open it, you have to enter the code again.

I have to close my door firmly or it does not actually close. It has come open if it is not closed right.

To lock the door from the outside, I press a logo and it makes a whirring sound. It is possible the killer does not know how to lock the door.

The door is locked from the inside by a simply turning device and it makes no noise at all.

or the killer knew the lock makes a whirring noise and he did not want to do that
The question I was thinking with the lock was, does it hold memory? Some hold the most recent key inputs up to a certain amount of times.

The Hyundai elantntra 2011-13 models are being stolen due to tic toc videos/ challenges online that went viral . You can steal the car with a USB cable .

This car was potentially stolen intentionally to commit these crimes.
I believe these crimes were committed by somebody who became obsessed in some sort of way . If these killers are familiar with videos that these girls posted on Instagram or tiktok there are probably aware of how to steal that Hyundai
I have seen a few people reference the Stolen Hyundai TikTok challenge and I was wondering how many cases of stolen Hyundais have actually occurred. There was a great episode of ReplyAll (a tech podcast) a few months back about how many of the most newsworthy and extreme TikTok Challenges rarely ever occur. These news articles pick up one or two videos because they are the scariest headlines for adults who don’t understand Tiktok, which in turn will get your news site more clicks. The episode also researched a bunch of challenges that news organizations reported on including a “slap your teacher” challenge which was actually not done by a single student. Many of these challenges happen once or are just a legitimate troll and aren’t actually occurring at all.

I’m not saying that no thefts of Hyundais have ever occurred, but I do wonder if an epidemic of car thefts might be slightly exaggerated here. I’m definitely not saying it’s impossible the car was stolen, I’m just somewhat hesitant to believe that there is actually a huge number of people doing this “TikTok challenge.”

I’m not sure he does. I don’t know who’s advising him, but it’s not all great advice. It hurts to see him & all the others in such pain. I just wish antagonizing LE wasn’t necessary in this case. They need to concentrate on catching this cowardly monster.
Right? It’s not as if LE are ignoring the case as we see with “runaway” or missing person cases. As much as I feel for him and the situation he’s in, LE has a duty to solve and prosecute this case and releasing certain info just isn’t conducive to that.
Could his request be an attempt to have information be released to the families, and not necessarily to the public? From interviews, it sounds like he is really frustrated at the lack of information that he (as a family member) is being given. Sometimes it's just comforting to be able to know that there is progress being made. Or, if there is not, to get answers as to why.

LE always seems to want families to cooperate with them during investigations. Well, "cooperation" is a two-way street.

As an aside: The dad looks like he's about to go full "Taken" in the town of Moscow. Not that I blame him, but LE should spend some time trying to talk him through the "anger" phase of the grieving process.
IMO as far as LE is concerned releasing info to the family is the same as releasing it to the public. This guy is clearly distraught (I would be too) and I feel for him but LE has a duty to investigate and prosecute this case and releasing info just isn’t conducive to that. It’s not like they’re ignoring the case as we see in some missing person cases so I wish he could find a way to redirect or delay his anger towards the perp.

So here is everything within 3 hours of Moscow:

Next question, who is connected to these places? Start with which of the victims and then family and friends.
Ohmygurrr… Colville, WA is one of the cities listed as being three hours away. That’s where Israel Keyes grew up. :eek:

To piggyback off other poster's questions of why there wasn't an assault, I would like to present a theory.

I don't think the killer knew E was at the house that night. We don't know the order of victims, we just know that two were on the third, two were on the second floor, and two survivors on the first floor. What if the killer went to the third floor first, then back to the second floor? He entered X's room and was caught off guard by E being there. E puts up enough of a fight to wake X and X puts up enough of a fight to have defensive wounds. This scares the killer because he almost lost control and he realized that he doesn't know who exactly is in the house that night. He flees. JMO.

More from the Fox article below..

On Wednesday, former FBI Assistant Director Chris Swecker told Fox News the investigation is "at a sensitive stage."

"It’s on the verge of being a cold case in the sense that resources and the FBI and the State Police start to peel off," he said on "America’s Newsroom."

Which is a really confusing statement considering that FBI has increased it's agents from 20 to 46?

Just my opinion, but I think it was idiotic for this former FBI agent to say that this case is on the verge of becoming a cold case. For crying out loud...its only a month old!

But I mean is there some connection to this case? Feels like I missed something.
The lock on the front door is a coded lock. IDK if it is exactly like the one above. The discussion was about possible reasons the front door was "wide open" as reported by a neighbor walking past around 8:30am the morning of the 13th.

Are you aware that you can find the owner of a vehicle w/ a VIN number? We can, and LE can. Unless they found a vehicle, without a tag and a vin THEY DO NOT KNOW THE OWNER.

But most importantly, they said they want to know if you own that vehicle so therefore I would believe they do not know the owner.

MOO
You are absolutely correct. The vin number is on the dash next to the driver's windshield and also in the trunk. My husband was manager of Bodyshop of a major dealership. He showed me this.

I have seen a few people reference the Stolen Hyundai TikTok challenge and I was wondering how many cases of stolen Hyundais have actually occurred. There was a great episode of ReplyAll (a tech podcast) a few months back about how many of the most newsworthy and extreme TikTok Challenges rarely ever occur. These news articles pick up one or two videos because they are the scariest headlines for adults who don’t understand Tiktok, which in turn will get your news site more clicks. The episode also researched a bunch of challenges that news organizations reported on including a “slap your teacher” challenge which was actually not done by a single student. Many of these challenges happen once or are just a legitimate troll and aren’t actually occurring at all.

I’m not saying that no thefts of Hyundais have ever occurred, but I do wonder if an epidemic of car thefts might be slightly exaggerated here. I’m definitely not saying it’s impossible the car was stolen, I’m just somewhat hesitant to believe that there is actually a huge number of people doing this “TikTok challenge.”
Apparently, quite a few:
Thieves are increasingly targeting these 2 types of cars, study finds

Did you see the keypad lock on their front door?

There has been discussion how the door was often left unlocked or that many people knew the code.

I will look for the quotes
Thanks, no need to look for the quotes. I was just confused what you were replying to because I hadn't seen any recent discussions of locks. I only remembered some photos of that style lock a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper