ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s possible. If there was more than one person in the car, could he have been an accessory? An accomplice? We don’t know if the Elantra info came from the body cam footage in the field that night or something that was caught on a home security or business cctv in the area. It could have come from a tipster who was walking in the area at the time. In any case, it was in the middle of the night and very dark. I think LE is not sure just yet if there was more than one person in the car. I know I’ve walked or driven by cars late at night that I thought were occupied by several people only to find out it was the headrests’ silhouette that I mistook for a passenger.
Per Moscow Police this afternoon, the body cam video is not relevant to the murder case of the 4 students.

Last edited:
The Hyundai elantntra 2011-13 models are being stolen due to tic toc videos/ challenges online that went viral . You can steal the car with a USB cable .

This car was potentially stolen intentionally to commit these crimes.
I believe these crimes were committed by somebody who became obsessed in some sort of way . If these killers are familiar with videos that these girls posted on Instagram or tiktok there are probably aware of how to steal that Hyundai

Last edited:
It’s possible. If there was more than one person in the car, could he have been an accessory? An accomplice? We don’t know if the Elantra info came from the body cam footage in the field that night or something that was caught on a home security or business cctv in the area. It could have come from a tipster who was walking in the area at the time. In any case, it was in the middle of the night and very dark. I think LE is not sure just yet if there was more than one person in the car. I know I’ve walked or driven by cars late at night that I thought were occupied by several people only to find out it was the headrests’ silhouette that I mistook for a passenger.
I don’t see a press release yet on the official website, but media has been informed that the white car in the body cam footage is NOT what they are looking for.

It’s possible. If there was more than one person in the car, could he have been an accessory? An accomplice? We don’t know if the Elantra info came from something that was caught on a home security or business cctv in the area. It could have come from a tipster who was walking in the area at the time. In any case, it was in the middle of the night and very dark. I think LE is not sure just yet if there was more than one person in the car. I know I’ve walked or driven by cars late at night that I thought were occupied by several people only to find out it was the headrests’ silhouette that I mistook for a passenger.
ETA Removed reference to bodycam footage.
Thanks to sds71, the post below shows that the Elantra info came from tips and leads

My theory is that they woke up, at a reasonable time, went to the bathroom on their floor, grabbed a glass of water from the sink faucet, or maybe a bottle of water, went back to their bedrooms, cocooned themselves in the blankets, snd either went back to sleep, or settled in for some serious phone-surfing.

MOO
Fox News has reported a neighbor claims the front door next to their bedroom doors was WIDE open between 8-9 AM.

Question for those of you familiar with geofence warrants. I myself have never seen one in writing. I would love to if anyone can link one.

If they know this vehicle was on scene at a particular time, which they must if they have tips. I would presume they would do a geofence or tower dump for that time frame/location. Would that be granted? Assuming it would be, and has been requested, am I now to assume that the occupants and/or driver of this Elantra did not have phones? If that is the case, then I would suspect that there is a strong likelihood this is the perp's vehicle whether loaned, stolen, or owned.

For reference: Google Data and Geofence Warrant Process

note: next article is from 2013
A case in Richmond VA. Several warrants were used to extract and narrow the data field.

The detective investigating that armed robbery at Call Federal Credit Union in Midlothian in 2019 was granted a geofence warrant by a magistrate judge after other leads failed and surveillance video showed the suspect, who had threatened a teller and left with $195,000, holding a cellphone.

The warrant asked Google for the active devices within a 150-meter radius of the crime scene and police were provided with data for 19 devices without any personal information, which led authorities to narrow down their request for identifying information on three devices.

This ultimately led to the arrest of Okello Chatrie, whose cellphone location history matched the movements of the suspect seen in the surveillance video, according to police. Chatrie’s lawyer challenged the evidence from the geofence warrant in court, leading to a nearly two-year review of the case from Lauck.

Lauck declined to suppress the evidence found through the warrant, ruling that the detective acted in good faith and relied on his experience after having applied for three geofence warrant requests in the past. The judge did rule that the warrant had violated the Fourth Amendment safeguards against unreasonable searches.

"Idaho cops have scaled back their investigation into the quadruple homicide of four college students by removing a quarter of the police officers assigned to the case.

Moscow Police announced only six detectives with five support staff members are still working on the investigation into the murders."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-mu...nts-neighbor-says-front-door-left-wide-open-e after-attacks

I was looking for this yesterday....
Let’s hope this case breaks very soon.
I have felt, probably on my own, for a long time that the killer did go down stairs and tried their bedroom doors. This door opening thing now in addition to the forensic folks going back to the scene on the Friday after Thanksgiving who spent a lot of time on the front of the house made me very suspicious. JMO as always.

Also @10ofRods and @OckhamsRazor22 , I completely buy into the fantasy love story, but why oh why did they not assault the object of their desires when they could get them alone? Does this desire overtake them so profoundly that they have to act that very moment despite the obstacles, (other roommates), in their way?
This theory reminds me of the UC Santa Barbara case. He just wanted to target pretty women in particular, and the men they had chosen as suitors over himself. Very delusional thought process.

Fox News has reported a neighbor claims the front door next to their bedroom doors was WIDE open between 8-9 AM.
Are there security cameras that can capture images of people entering or exiting that door?

For some reason I seem to have inferred that K’s sister had rounded up security footage showing the exact time of K & M arriving back at the house their final time. I think someone pointed out that it may have only shown them being dropped off by the person they caught the ride home with (from the food truck.)

I have felt, probably on my own, for a long time that the killer did go down stairs and tried their bedroom doors. This door opening thing now in addition to the forensic folks going back to the scene on the Friday after Thanksgiving who spent a lot of time on the front of the house made me very suspicious. JMO as always.
I've begun to wonder about this too. How terrifying for those girls if this is turns out to be the case.

Let's just say that LE are getting ready to compile an arrest warrant (my big hope is that this is true).

SPECULATIVE ARREST SCENARIO

If they do suspect that a certain person, using a particular car, was involved in this crime, they'd want a stack of evidence t present to the judge. Let's just say the DNA results are not in yet, so what can they get?

First, they almost certainly have cell tower information from 3-4 cell towers in the area, showing whose phones were active in the area on the night of the murders. Figuring out this web of data was probably someone's full time job for the past couple of weeks. They cross-tabulated the cell tower data with various known person's whereabouts (including the victims, but also their friends and family). Perhaps one person thought to have been in the area did NOT have cell phone data showing him out and about, therefore arousing suspicion. They then subpoenaed that person's cell records, which show that usually, he has his phone all the time, uses it frequently, but was mysteriously absent from his phone for a time period on the night of the murders.

Second, that person (already spoken to early on) has now left the community and is not with his parents (if relevant).

Third, that person had a known connection to the house, and phone data show that he'd been there before. LE probably have a few phone numbers where they've subpoenaed data. These would be subpoenas that are kept off-record for the present.

Fourth, a Hyundai drives by the house but none of the cell tower data show a phone that relates in any way to a Hyundai - so there's a "quiet" car for whom no cell data is available. LE probably called every single number provided by the cellular provider for several cell towers, revolving around who was awake and using their phones on that evening, within a certain radius. Perhaps the Hyundai is revealed on other security tape to have obscured its license plate (as suggested by Otto). They sell covers for license plates that make it impossible to pick the plate up on cameras (these are illegal in many states, but that was irrelevant to the mind of the killer). I see these all the time here in Cali. That makes the driver/owner suspicious in my view - and in the view of LE.

Fifth, they have interviewed this person and there were consistencies. The term "POI" is hardly ever used any more. The man charged with the Delphi murders went, to my knowledge, from regular person to arrestee without any terms about POI or suspects.

Is this enough? For an arrest? What do you think? I think there's probably more, hopefully there's more (texts showing unwanted contact with house members or disagreements; etc. IOW, some glimmer of motive.

If the Quiet Hyundai, as I'm calling it, is obtained and contains the DNA of this suspect, they can place him AT the scene at the relevant time (of course, he'll claim he was in the car at some other time - he can go to court with that). But if it's his actual car and they can show it had cruised by the house on multiple occasions, that would be persuasive to a jury. IMO.

I'm sure you all can add to this and say whether you think this is "enough" or not. It would be really awesome if the jacket shown in an early Foxnews video (and posted on Yahoo news) turned out to play a role here. A long shot, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper