ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I have thought for a while - the "unconscious person" was actually one of the two surviving roommates who came upstairs, saw what they saw and went hysterical. Other one then comes upstairs like what's happening and does the same. Both are in literal hysteria and they grab onto each other and decide to get out of the house which is classic fight or flight response and exactly what you'd expect someone in their position to do.

There are a ton of people that live in close proximity to the King Road house and on a Sunday morning with most people off work and no students at class, there would be a bunch of people home or nearby to hear the screaming they would've done. Neighbors start to hear the commotion and see the two freaking out hysterically outside. They call 911 but on the call whoever made it faints or passes out from the shock. Neighbors have no idea what's happening and can't get any concrete info because they are crying hysterically.

Someone takes the phone from whoever passed out and reports something like IDK what's going on but these two girls were panicking and now one of them is unconscious but breathing. 911 operator codes it as an unconscious person, LE arrives and you know the rest.

Very easy to envision a scenario like that IMO. Based on where the house is and as I said on a Sunday when most students and others in the area would be at home and/or outside, if either survivor saw the presumed crime scene and started screaming and crying, it would attract attention quickly.
I thought this too and this was the rumor going around for a while, but per Moscow Police Department: "On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor."
Source: King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID
(I scrolled down to FAQ and clicked "who made the 911 call")

That makes it sound like the surviving roommates were in the house the entire time and thought X or E was unable to wake up. It also says that dispatch talked to multiple people, so I wonder if that means both surviving roommates, or did they call other people for help before calling 911? MOO.

Edited because I'm an idiot and it literally says in the first sentence that the roommates summoned friends to help. facepalm. I guess I should have had a second cup of coffee today lol.

Last edited:
If nobody has come forward saying "I drive a 2012 white hyundai elantra and was in the area at that time because......" then this has to be the killer. I'm sure that is obvious but just had to say it out loud. So this car is a very critical clue. You would think they are getting a lot of tips saying "so and so drives a car like that". I think (and hope and pray) it is just a matter of time before this is solved.

Last edited:
I dont think any woman would get into a taxi or uber when the driver gets out and yells hurry up
It's been established it was a designated driver service sponsored by the sorority. It was probably another college student, maybe even known to the girls. I doubt they stood on ceremony or chivalry.

What if killer was a neighbor tired of the loud parties and sleep-deprived? Asked them to quiet down. FU response. Reported to police multiple times. Nothing changed. Anger began to fester and he snapped? Completely irrational, but at least it’s a new motive. I would find this beyond senseless and the irony of it being a quiet night?

My best theory of a motive is someone(s) passing morale judgment based on their lifestyle. It’s the most likely motive.

Two such people in the same group would make more sense—1 knife though? As far as we know? Possibly took turns? Planned together? Left the door open to make sure the scene was discovered quickly?

Or perhaps one inside and the other waiting in a vehicle nearby?

If they were as smart as they seem, they would have burned their clothes? Thrown the knife in a body of water?

About the only thing they couldn’t control would be blood at the crime scene—if they left any? Or a drop of sweat or spit? Footprint? Handprint or fingerprint could be non-existent due to gloves.

This is a hard, hard case to solve. JMO

If nobody has come forward saying "I drive a 2012 white hyundai elantra and was in the area at that time because......" then this has to be the killer. I'm sure that is obvious but just had to say it out loud. So this car is a very critical clue. You would think they are getting a lot of tips saying "so and so drives a care like that". I think (and hope and pray) it is just a matter of time before this is solved.
It was not obvious at all to me till you said it ....true but they could have and LE hasnt said anything yet....

I would bet you $100 if the media even thought they saw a drop of blood, they'd report it.

Remember the picture of the supposed blood dripping down the foundation wall outside the house near the 2nd floor sliding glass door that goes to the kitchen? Everyone on the internet was saying it looked like blood (and it did), and even early on some news stations were focusing on it. I personally do not think it was blood because there were never any evidence markers near it. It might have been heating oil. Who knows?!

{{ MY OPINION ONLY }}

In that case, a presumptive test would have been performed by forensic techs. If proteins were found, a sample would be taken to forensic lab to determine if it is animal or human blood

MOD NOTE:

Quick reminder about sources, from the Etiquette & Information link in my signature:

Information stated as fact must be supported by a link to a mainstream media or law enforcement source (or other WS approved source) to substantiate the fact, otherwise the post will be removed, along with all responses to it.

And from the Social Media link:

ALLOWED SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Approved group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..." (usually a page run by family)
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Please don't post random YT, Twitter, etc. links that have not been approved here.

ETA: COMMENTS on allowed sources are NOT allowed, as they can't be vetted for accuracy.
Bumping

I’m kind of surprised they publicly asked for help locating the white vehicle!

This is the FBI, Idaho State Police and local police!

I would think they would, could run that make and model quite quickly.

I’m wondering what they are really looking for? Maybe information on it being in the neighborhood and who was in it?

Things I ponder.
Just my opinion - but given the ability of US satellites surveillance, I'd be surprised if investigators don't have exact pics of the vehicle and where it was before, during and after this event, and where it currently is located. The problem is that, for national security reasons, this will never be admitted/discussed/used as evidence by LE. So they have to get other evidence that ties the vehicle to the crime, which can be used in Court. Just MOO - remember how US Satellites traced a courier in pakistan over several weeks and found Osama Bin Laden...if we could do that in Pakistan over 11 years ago...

I thought this too and this was the rumor going around for a while, but per Moscow Police Department: "On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor."
Source: King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID
(I scrolled down to FAQ and clicked "who made the 911 call")

That makes it sound like the surviving roommates were in the house the entire time and thought X or E was unable to wake up. It also says that dispatch talked to multiple people, so I wonder if that means both surviving roommates, or did they call other people for help before calling 911? MOO.

Edited because I'm an idiot and it literally says in the first sentence that the roommates summoned friends to help. facepalm. I guess I should have had a second cup of coffee today lol.
And someone many threads back mentioned they think it's protocol for 911 dispatcher to use the word unconscious even if caller says someone's dead.

They need to treat as unconscious, send medics/help until actually confirmed dead by ME or coroner (can't remember which - this was another long discussion IIRC). So as mentioned, I think it's semantics and a technicality and no one was probably unconscious.

And yet from the NYPost:

Neighbors told The Post on Thursday the six people who shared the house were quieter than their rowdy collegiate neighbors.

The group of students would have small parties, but they were usually quiet by 10 p.m., said HT, 22. They would sit on the patio around a fire, drink beer and listen to music, and she said she sometimes saw small groups of people in the kitchen.

S, 21, added: “I didn’t go to bed until 2 or 3 and I didn’t hear anything,” while also noting all was quiet when he left the house at 11:45 the next morning, just minutes before the police were alerted to the crime.

plus as it says at the Idaho Statesman link - very few neighbours are opening the door to the press ( understandably) so we're not hearing a full range, just a handful

I’m kind of surprised they publicly asked for help locating the white vehicle!

This is the FBI, Idaho State Police and local police!

I would think they would, could run that make and model quite quickly.

I’m wondering what they are really looking for? Maybe information on it being in the neighborhood and who was in it?

Things I ponder.
Just my opinion - but given the ability of US satellites surveillance, I'd be surprised if investigators don't have exact pics of the vehicle and where it was before, during and after this event, and where it currently is located. The problem is that, for national security reasons, this will never be admitted/discussed/used as evidence by LE. So they have to get other evidence that ties the vehicle to the crime, which can be used in Court. Just MOO - remember how US Satellites traced a courier in pakistan over several weeks and found Osama Bin Laden...if we could do that in Pakistan over 11 years ago...

All IMO

I'm going to say something most likely unpopular. I think they already have the suspect in custody and have for some time (on other charges).

I think because they knew who the suspect was right away, they made their statement of: "targeted attack" and "no threat to the community." They later retracted because they needed time to build their case before they accuse someone of being a psychotic killer. I mean, you have to get it right.

Also, LE haven't put together much of a public safety campaign stressing the importance of locking up, walking in pairs, etc. The college did a little, but I don't remember LE drilling it in, I feel like if they were worried, they would include safety information in their near-daily updates (which they've never done) on their website: News Flash

I think our suspect is local and possibly a dropout of either UI or WSU, male, 22-28, wannabe military, someone in his family is a Marine (or he wanted to be), has a prior offense (assault or SA charge). He also likes dogs (lol) as they were the only things that gave him consistent love growing up.

If nobody has come forward saying "I drive a 2012 white hyundai elantra and was in the area at that time because......" then this has to be the killer. I'm sure that is obvious but just had to say it out loud. So this car is a very critical clue. You would think they are getting a lot of tips saying "so and so drives a car like that". I think (and hope and pray) it is just a matter of time before this is solved.
yes I said the same thing. Its already weird someone was over there and didn’t volunteer a statement prior to LE asking

All IMO

I'm going to say something most likely unpopular. I think they already have the suspect in custody and have for some time (on other charges).

I think because they knew who the suspect was right away, they made their statement of: "targeted attack" and "no threat to the community." They later retracted because they needed time to build their case before they accuse someone of being a psychotic killer. I mean, you have to get it right.

Also, LE haven't put together much of a public safety campaign stressing the importance of locking up, walking in pairs, etc. The college did a little, but I don't remember LE drilling it in, I feel like if they were worried, they would include safety information in their near-daily updates (which they've never done) on their website: News Flash

I think our suspect is local and possibly a dropout of either UI or WSU, male, 22-28, wannabe military, someone in his family is a Marine (or he wanted to be), has a prior offense (assault or SA charge). He also likes dogs (lol) as they were the only things that gave him consistent love growing up.
Wow that's pretty specific.

What stood out to me about this article is that both neighbors interviewed kept emphasizing how quiet it was that night and how abnormal that is. They mentioned the King Rd house always having parties/get-togethers on weekends especially and that there had been a few noise complaints to the home. The female neighbor mentioned having to routinely wear earplugs to be able to sleep due to noise. Now, both of these neighbors seemed to take this all in stride and even joke about the party scene.

But it got me thinking that if it really was that frequent as to be super abnormal that it was quiet the night of the murders, maybe another neighbor wasn't so cheery about it. If it was so loud overnight often that some neighbors had to wear earplugs, maybe someone else was driven to the point of rage. I want to be clear I am NOT placing any blame on these college kids throwing parties. Just saying that it sounds like it was common for it to be loud and not everyone who lives around there is a college student (one of the people interviewed in that article works at a restaurant and is not a student; the other is a 29 year old grad student, so past the point of house parties). So others who live nearby may be older/not students and angry about the noise. Maybe they waited for a night that had no parties to strike. JMO

All IMO

Very interesting perspective that had not crossed my mind (yet). There are many things we've seen that would support this, you're right! Thanks for sharing the opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin