ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why LE does not know who owns the Elantra.

They have undoubtedly run all plates on Washington and Idaho.

Even if an elderly person owned one, a relative could have borrowed it.

What interesting about this white Hyundai Electra being spotted around 3am to -5am on the morning of November 13. Is the following:

People who live in the area don’t know of anyone who lives in that area to own such a car.

Also keep in mind this is a college town. There’s going to be very very very few cars driving the roads especially on a Sunday between 3am-5am.

I imagine it being somewhat of a ghost town in that particular town on Sunday especially between those hours.

True. It's exactly why, if I were going to do something like this, I would steal a car, know that it would take LE time to isolate that stolen car, and in the interim, I'd have plenty of time to wait until daylight, bounce over to Washington (maybe even dressed in church clothes, in case I was stopped), and I'd have another car parked there, and then I'd wander back to my real life.

The first 911 call that was made that day related to the crime. It was placed on one of the survivors phone but the caller that spoke to 911 wasn’t the survivor.
Just wanted to be clear, we don’t know if it one of the surviving roommates did or did not speak on the phone.

On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor.

https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/DocumentCenter/View/24891/12-06-22-Moscow-Homicide-Update

Just wanted to be clear, we don’t know if it one of the surviving roommates did or did not speak on the phone.

On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor.

https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/DocumentCenter/View/24891/12-06-22-Moscow-Homicide-Update
Very true.

Well, that's how he got picked up. But it was the Ryder rental that got him for the bombing.
From that article:
So, you’re saying even if TM would not have gotten pulled over for driving a vehicle without a license plate, the Ryder truck being rented by him was the link that tied him to the bombing, and LE would’ve eventually caught him without the traffic stop. I can see that too.

Just my opinion, but if WA state investigators were looking over the scene, it may indicate the perp is from WA and LE there will actually do the arrest and then extradite to Idaho. So the visit might be a due diligence visit by WA LE for their probable cause arrest warrant when it's time. MOO.
Why would the WA LE need to see the scene to make an arrest in WA? If Idaho issues an arrest warrant, WA officials arrest the perp based on that warrant, not on their own personal knowledge of the crime.

I wonder why LE does not know who owns the Elantra.

They have undoubtedly run all plates on Washington and Idaho.

Even if an elderly person owned one, a relative could have borrowed it.
my thoughts exactly. And IMO LE would know the owner/fate of all white Elantras, and so releasing this info doesn't make sense to me. Somehow, with the mess that's gone down and accusations about LE that have been made, imo I doubt they'd play coy if they knew who had the car or suspected. they'd just roll up for an interview. ditto if it was the parents and a kid had it. so why this announcement?

I posted links previously to the wiki page that has the total number of Elantras sold in each year, and it's far from a huge total, esp with the amount of time that's gone by and narrowing down to the color white. Hyundai Elantra - Wikipedia

It makes little sense, unless this killer pulled a Ted Bundy and had a hidden car. here's one link to the ted/VW info, but I think this is entertainment purposes only, and not the official account: Bundy's Beetles - A Serial Killer and His Air-cooled Accomplices

If the was a well-planned crime, then it's possible the killer would have thought of some fun (for them) details and homages. If this was an unplanned lashing out, then imo, none of what I've written above re tb would apply.

also, to be clear, these thoughts are my own, sourced from nothing but basic knowledge around car registration, databases, and some serial killer folklore. none of the above is fact except that wikipedia does fact check, and I imagine that the numbers cited for Elantra sales are pretty accurate, but again, nothing I can verify without much more research.

The heaviness of the sleeping of the roommates, how well the noise isolation works towards the 1st floor and the fact that people often don't scream when attacked all have absolutely nothing to do with the planning or execution.

Nope.

MOO: I feel like some people give the killer way too much credit and it's kinda yuck. Someone stabbed 4 drunk college kids in their sleep. This does not require that much skill, rather rage and/or psychiatric issues. While getting a college degree might require skills, as might collecting money for a new car at such a young age or getting a good partner/friend to fall asleep next to. I feel like the prep lacked at least some of these skills.

P.S: just this crazy story to share, too! Just to show how a person might be able to behave.
I agree, IMHO It would not take much skill to kill 4 college kids that were borderline functional from drinking in excess. There obviously was some sort of target as the LE has not cautioned people to be on the watch for a potential killer on the loose. If LE thought there was a major danger to the public they would caution people daily on being careful, setting alarms, staying in pairs and sleeping with one eye open. LE is obviously comfortable with the target scenario as they would otherwise be opening themsilves to all sorts of problems if heaven forbid another massacre occurs.

Concerning the 911 call about an “unconscious” individual:

Grief works in stages. Often the first stage of grief is denial. Here’s a link that explains.

It’s highly possible IMO that a survivor who has just come across one or more of the victims, even if the victim is covered in blood and obviously has been in a vicious attack, may be unable to process the shock that the person is actually dead. This process would likely take some time, as the survivor reacquaints themselves to this shocking new horrific reality. I find it personally plausible that a survivor (or one of the survivor friends) may be unable or unwilling at the time of the 911 call to refer to a victim as dead. Just my two cents.

Attachments

• 51A0C2EB-53EE-44E5-B675-6B05FF4E476D.jpeg
    51A0C2EB-53EE-44E5-B675-6B05FF4E476D.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 5B6323E6-8E30-47B0-9D16-D5EB5D28001F.jpeg
    5B6323E6-8E30-47B0-9D16-D5EB5D28001F.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 16
Is it definite that the mini van seen at 1122 King and used by plainclothes LE was not a rental? If they flew into the area and rented the van it could have had out of state plates. I've often had rentals that had out of state plates.

I mentioned this in the previous thread, but found it interesting the home next to these steps/trail has been on the market and was just sold within the last couple of days. Granted, this doesn’t indicate the home was vacant, which is my intent.

These steps appear to run from Shetland Ct all the way to Walenta/Ridge, which is just a stone’s throw away from 1122; particularly leading to the rear of the house.

There doesn’t appear to be an entrance from Palouse River to 1122 except if using a W route or 95 to the E as well.

Obviously this is nothing, but it’s interesting trying to speculate where a vehicle may have been parked.
Do you have an online link you can attach that shows where found that the home was for sale?? I find that interesting.

On a similar note, I find it kind of sick that it was just sold a couple days ago.

This was such a brutal murder, and involving so many people, it reminds me of a drug cartel killing. I am not saying that the four who were killed were into drugs (I do not think they would be), but I wonder if they maybe saw or witnessed something that maybe they should not have, not realizing it.

Is it definite that the mini van seen at 1122 King and used by plainclothes LE was not a rental? If they flew into the area and rented the van it could have had out of state plates. I've often had rentals that had out of state plates.
Every rental I've had had the same plate as the state I was in at that time. It is possible. I just don't think it's too likely. Thus is JMO though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl