ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know what the four victims were studying? Were any of them taking a class/classes that might have brought them into contact with dangerous people?

(Mostly thinking law or psych classes. Social services? I mean, there are cases where people have gotten killed because they got in the middle of child custody or domestic violence.)
I don’t recall any of those fields of study.
Each victims interests, studies and career paths were noted in the Memorial statements published by their families and posted on an earlier thread.
Sports, marketing, and education come to mind.

Do we know what the four victims were studying? Were any of them taking a class/classes that might have brought them into contact with dangerous people?

(Mostly thinking law or psych classes. Social services? I mean, there are cases where people have gotten killed because they got in the middle of child custody or domestic violence.)
Each victims interests, studies and career paths were noted in the Memorial statements published by their families and posted on an earlier thread.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly! I’m thinking that maybe they’ve captured someone on camera walking from the house to that car which was perhaps parked a little way away. MOO
I think this is correct: Xana and Maddie - Marketing; Kaylee - General Studies but her job was in IT; Ethan - Hospitality type stuff, tourism, etc

So the car may have popped up on a security camera then it vanished. The owner of that car has not come forward yet. Very telling.

AIMOO
Exactly it should be peaking everyone’s suspicions that this person or persons in this white Hyundai Elantra has NOT come forward so far.

A poster on this forum suggested that we don’t know if anyone has come forward in regards to the Hyundai Elantra. I disagree with that.

I feel that if the person or persons in that white Hyundai Elantra had come forward the public would have been made aware of that in some way, shape, or form.

With that said everyone on this forum is entitled to their opinions and viewpoints. I am just expressing my disagreement with that particular viewpoint. So I don’t want anyone to misinterpret my post as oh this poster is trying to tell someone how to post. That’s not what I am trying to do.

Anyways good post hopevalley I completely agree with you!

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I think some things are simply not said in a situation like this, and one of them is "he won't kill again" even if the profiler is convinced this is one-time rage into vengeance. It's too dangerous to take the chance if wrong. Edit: I also think there's a danger that these crimes might have been planned as a one-time solution to whatever drives him, but he might have liked it too much so multiple murder is now added to his arsenal of options. See the Michelle Martinko case, 1979, where Jerry Burns was arrested 39 years later through tracking of ancestral DNA. He lived about 20 miles from here and was an upstanding husband, father and citizen through all of those years... except his computer contained dozens of searches for blonde dead women, blonde raped women, blonde tortured women. He may never have repeated but it never got out of his mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think some things are simply not said in a situation like this, and one of them is "he won't kill again" even if the profiler is convinced this is one-time rage into vengeance. It's too dangerous to take the chance if wrong.
I’m not sire I understand what you said.
Do you mean they should say he will kill again or not?
No respected profiler I’ve heard has ventured ro make a guess about these murders a one-time rage incident as they make clear it is not possible to do without more information and victimology..
Again those statements I initially referred to have been made in an honest answer made by an honest evaluation with high concern for public safety. It’s statistical, accompanied by many face to face interviews with murderous psychopaths.

I think some things are simply not said in a situation like this, and one of them is "he won't kill again" even if the profiler is convinced this is one-time rage into vengeance. It's too dangerous to take the chance if wrong. Edit: I also think there's a danger that these crimes might have been planned as a one-time solution to whatever drives him, but he might have liked it too much so multiple murder is now added to his arsenal of options. See the Michelle Martinko case, 1979, where Jerry Burns was arrested 39 years later through tracking of ancestral DNA. He lived about 20 miles from here and was an upstanding husband, father and citizen through all of those years... except his computer contained dozens of searches for blonde dead women, blonde raped women, blonde tortured women. He may never have repeated but it never got out of his mind.
I replied to your previous unedited post.
Hope it’s not confusing.
But to consider those heinous murders as a what- one off solution- to what? How?
No one not deranged and psychopathic would plan and execute mercilessly up close and personal murders like these!
And not sit back and what- not feel “rage” again?

Last edited:
Several years ago in the area where I live, a neighbor killed a neighbor. The neighbor thought the other neighbor was moving the property line. The one neighbor finally had enough, and he shot the other neighbors and then killed himself. That feud had gone on for a few years.
Was that the one near Monterrey, Ca?

When I was in early elementary we practiced crawling under our desks should a nuclear bomb be headed our way. Dumbest thing ever, but we did it. And we watched the Doomsday Clock on television once a week. My kids role-played saying no to "Stranger Danger" even as children were snatched right out of their bedrooms. And now we have active shooter drills in almost every school. It's always something, but there's a lesson in each and every thing. As parents we have to find that lesson and help our kids, grandkids, etc. focus on what they need to know so they both understand and recognize danger yet feel empowered to take precautions and stand their ground if ever they need to. As awful as this is, it's also a teaching moment.
Absolutely! We teach personal awareness and safety, developing critical thinking skills so as to not be swayed or tricked by manipulators, too.
So much to teach and learn!!
We are also big on teaching Human and Civil Rights.

MOO

Thanks, @10ofRods. I don’t know how to link at the top of a page, but this was the post:
Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

That certainly was a thought-provoking post listing so many neighbor “wars” or resentments. It reminded me of a long-standing feud in the next county here in Southern Oregon that ended in a murder conviction. They are sadly common and could be a motive. Injustice collectors come to mind.
JMO

I'm wondering whether there was no party at the house because there was a party at Sigma Chi. (Hadn't there also just been a formal dance at one of the sororities?) Maybe the students at 1122 wouldn't have a party that would conflict with the fraternity's party...

Whether by knowing some of the roommates or by just watching the house, the killer(s) might have known there was no party that night. Either way, the roommates returned quite late, so if the killer was waiting outside & watching the house, they would have had a long cold wait. Or maybe they followed some of the roommates home.

JMO

Not sure but it was notable that the local papers and neighbours emphasised how unusually quiet the whole area was this night - IF the perp is someone who's been regularly spying on the home/roommates ( either from the tree-line, from a car or from a house nearby) and & he is looking for his best night to carry out a long held plan, maybe he seized his opportunity?
- less chance of being disturbed or seen or noticed by ear witnesses on an ' unusually quiet night ' as the Idaho Statesman describes it

from link
- 'Vandals football team played their final home game of the season that night, drawing many students downtown afterwards rather than to the neighborhood, a few theorized....'
- neighbour Anna ' noticed the rare calm of the neighborhood'

Last edited:
Anyone checked the Sunday papers yet? About time for print journo's 'month-gone-by, now-what?' think pieces on this dastardly crime.

There must be some details they can shake free.

Do you think in the coming years we'll mark anniversaries of the murders, and rue the fact they've not been solved?

what she or he had on her his feet was it mentioned anywhere?

I have a question regarding murder investigation in general, for anyone in the know.

Since we are almost a month out from the murders, would LE already be re-interviewing potential witnesses, or is the investigation so big that they wouldn’t have gotten to that point yet? I realize this is something they probably won’t discuss with the public.

I have a question regarding murder investigation in general, for anyone in the know.

Since we are almost a month out from the murders, would LE already be re-interviewing potential witnesses, or is the investigation so big that they wouldn’t have gotten to that point yet? I realize this is something they probably won’t discuss with the public.
Moscow Police Chief James Fry said this week that investigators are re-interviewing some people following new tips about the investigation into the fatal stabbing of four University of Idaho students.

"We've actually re-interviewed people two or three times because we'll get tips, or we'll get information that we need to verify again, and sometimes we need to ask the questions just a little bit different to ensure that we're getting the proper information to continue on with this investigation," Fry said during an interview with Fox News' The Story. "So, that happens regularly in all investigations. We always have the option of re-interviewing."

The timeline seems risky for the perp. Weekend night, more people in the house and likely to be more activity in the neighborhood. The bedroom light goes out at 3am…the victims could easily have still been awake and scrolling on their phones. No guarantee they’re all asleep from the perp’s viewpoint. Why that night?

Local , student , left town
Local, non-student, still hanging around enjoying the havoc they caused.
Moscow Police Chief James Fry said this week that investigators are re-interviewing some people following new tips about the investigation into the fatal stabbing of four University of Idaho students.

"We've actually re-interviewed people two or three times because we'll get tips, or we'll get information that we need to verify again, and sometimes we need to ask the questions just a little bit different to ensure that we're getting the proper information to continue on with this investigation," Fry said during an interview with Fox News' The Story. "So, that happens regularly in all investigations. We always have the option of re-interviewing."

Thank you, Mendicant. The number if articles on this case is overwhelming, and I obviously missed this one. It’s reassuring that they have probably been re-interviewing all along when they felt the need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia