ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way LE would be throwing out 'red herrings' to the public in the form of a very specific type vehicle. It would be absolutely wreckless on their part to do so.
It would generate thousands of useless tips and throw innocent Elantra owners into a dangetous spotlight.
I believe the FBI are now handling all the tips and it is my belief that they are the ones connecing the dots. A possible eye witness account of that vehicle being in the vicinity on the night can now be tied into the body cam footage re. the time and place of the accont is the most likely reason why this info was put out there 3 weeks in. It is painstaking work IMO
Not every tip given can be proven or corroborated. And to seperate the wheat from the chaffe, a large team of eagle eyed experts (ie. FBI) will be needed. It will take time, but they already seem to be tying things together, imo anyway.

Since rumors are not allowed, I will stick with facts and say there was indeed a police activity entry for a welfare check on 11/17 due to concern about someone not showing up for work “since Monday.” That could mean they missed work Mon-Thu or they were at work on Monday but missed Tue-Thu. Wording unclear. Reporting party stated the employee was unresponsive to texts and calls. Address on entry was 1500 blk Levick St. Google Maps shows a white Hyundai parked on that street, but who knows if it’s “the” white Hyundai. Also obviously unknown if this welfare check or employee who missed work was involved.

I personally have been unable to find a connection between that location (or car) and the various names swirling around in social media rumors. Does not mean a relationship does not exist, but I have not seen one yet myself. I have definitely seen some people on social media conflate and confuse facts such that suddenly a particular person is rumored to live somewhere or drive something or be traveling somewhere that relates to a totally different person or is wholly incorrect.
Does the report note the findings of the welfare check?

Just to point out, all those categories can be combined with ‘dangerous’ and I’m starting to think the perp might be one or two of them plus dangerous(ly insane).
Bat-sh-t crazy, but brilliant. A perfectionist. Takes pride in his appearance. Neat. Methodical. Plans the work and works the plan. Judgmental. Rigid. Controlled. Maybe wears black a lot. Quiet. Stealthy. Can move through crowds unseen. Feels invisible and invincible. May be married w/2 kids. Wife may have recently left him and he is angry at the world and feels loss of control. Needs to prove to himself that he’s in charge. JMO ( no idea why this popped into my head, but it did.)

Just an observation because I have a problem sleeping soundly. I have never heard of people sleeping thru a massacre of 4 people within a closed space. Or sleeping thru 6, 7, 8, or however many phone calls one after another. I find that very odd and sad because maybe, just maybe, they could have had some info to help make sense of this tragedy. Seems as if the crime was committed in a vacuum or an alternate universe! JMO
You have to look at the dynamics of the home and factor in other possibilities. The 1st floor is the original part of the home a former tenant has already said you could not hear what was going apparently the walls ect are pretty solid. The girls on the first floor already said they heard thumping and that is it. The 2nd floor was not directly under the 3rd floor as the 3rd floor was a later addition to the home. X's room was forward in the building of the home and M's room was back and on the complete opposite end of the home. We do not know if all of the victims were drinking, what I do know is when I drink I get some great sleep, and not a thing will wake me. These are kids who may sleep with music on or earbuds in or maybe a tv on we just don't know all the little details. We also don't know if any of the victims made a sound, yell or scream. You add all that and the design of the home and the fact it was a party home and maybe if there was a noise no one thought anything of it. Most of us do not live with 6 teenage girls in a party house so we are not conditioned to many people coming and going. Think girls giggling, doing TikTok videos, laughing, drinking, happily yelling, and talking loudly. Maybe they were not conditioned to be alerted to noises and thumping.

We've seen the production numbers (~650k total Elantras). Conservatively, that's around 100k white Elantras (could be a bit lower or much higher imo, but - and I really want to emphasize this - the actual number is not important).

Your opinion is that somewhere around ~90% of those cars are no longer on the road?

Still curious what LE is supposed to do with this list of white Elantras. Maybe LE could assign 1 or 2 investigators. They're unlikely to pull dozens of agents off other assignments to search for this car. People are needed to follow up on other leads too.
This. I posted earlier but, say there are 20,000 cars matching that description in the US. If 5 officers spend 20 minutes investigating each car for 12 hours a day, that would take 111 days. And I think that’s on the optimistic side as far as numbers go. (I had to do the math several different ways to make sure I got the correct number since I’m so bad at math haha)

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

This is the thing that is fascinating to me. They don't have a suspect so they claim, yet they are warning students this weekend to stay in groups because the Moscow PD thinks the killer might strike again this weekend. This whole case is weird.
Or is it a vague statement that maybe they have not been able to confirm their own narrative of a targeted crime and in they feel obliged to make a safety statement until they are sure of what they have. We know that sometimes LE puts out a statement in abundance of cautiously so as not to create panic. After all, look at how some individuals are harassing innocent people. They already have an unnecessary amount of chaos to deal with and probably do not want to create more.

We've seen the production numbers (~650k total Elantras). Conservatively, that's around 100k white Elantras (could be a bit lower or much higher imo, but - and I really want to emphasize this - the actual number is not important).

Your opinion is that somewhere around ~90% of those cars are no longer on the road?

Still curious what LE is supposed to do with this list of white Elantras. Maybe LE could assign 1 or 2 investigators. They're unlikely to pull dozens of agents off other assignments to search for this car. People are needed to follow up on other leads too.
This. I posted earlier but, say there are 20,000 cars matching that description in the US. If 5 officers spend 20 minutes investigating each car for 12 hours a day, that would take 111 days. And I think that’s on the optimistic side as far as numbers go. (I had to do the math several different ways to make sure I got the correct number since I’m so bad at math haha)
Thank you. I posted earlier about how some were underestimating the task and how quick it would be to complete.

Maybe Kaylee's stalker saw her out in Saturday night and went to the house with a sexual motive
IF K was the primary target if if if then I have to wonder about the possibility that someone from her home town vicinity was stalking her or had some issue with her...since she was staying with her parents. Her father seems to think he knows who that may be. If she was followed back to Moscow, though, by a killer dead-set on murdering her WITH A KNIFE...I guess the house she was visiting would be the most opportune place to attack her where she was least likely to be in public. And laying in wait until she was asleep would be the killer's best opportunity....knowing that he/she would have to slaughter any possible witnesses. JMO

I think it’s worse than that.

It’s huge like the biggest one, but the entire top edge is aggressively serrated.

Most knives are singled edged. Not this one. We can’t be sure, but that’s the Rambo Survival knife that was iconic and Kabar made it.

It’s over the top. Not made for camping.

It’s made for penetration and damage, IMO.
KA-BAR never made survival knives or "Rambo knives". Do we have any real evidence that the blade used in this crime was serrated?

Seems like tremendous overkill if there was a gripe against just 1 person. Thinking the whole house--all its residents-- were the targets. Maybe the 2 survivors got lucky and with doors locked, perp decided 4 was enough and not worth risking being seen or apprehended.

You have to look at the dynamics of the home and factor in other possibilities. The 1st floor is the original part of the home a former tenant has already said you could not hear what was going apparently the walls ect are pretty solid. The girls on the first floor already said they heard thumping and that is it. The 2nd floor was not directly under the 3rd floor as the 3rd floor was a later addition to the home. X's room was forward in the building of the home and M's room was back and on the complete opposite end of the home. We do not know if all of the victims were drinking, what I do know is when I drink I get some great sleep, and not a thing will wake me. These are kids who may sleep with music on or earbuds in or maybe a tv on we just don't know all the little details. We also don't know if any of the victims made a sound, yell or scream. You add all that and the design of the home and the fact it was a party home and maybe if there was a noise no one thought anything of it. Most of us do not live with 6 teenage girls in a party house so we are not conditioned to many people coming and going. Think girls giggling, doing TikTok videos, laughing, drinking, happily yelling, and talking loudly. Maybe they were not conditioned to be alerted to noises and thumping.
We live in a similar layout of a home. Top floor would not hear the bottom floor, but bottoms floor definitely hears the main level. Here’s the issue- youngest son paces and I mean a lot. Oldest on bottom floor said it sounds like war is going on. They joke about it. We even had to set a time frame on when youngest can’t pace on main level. We put a thick rug etc. so if this home had lots of kids in and out, the bottom people would have learned how to block out the noise. They also might have just thought it was normal behavior. Ie: expecting boyfriend and girlfriend might be knocking boots and they just ignored the sounds.

Maybe Kaylee's stalker saw her out in Saturday night and went to the house with a sexual motive

<modsnip - no link from an approved source>

"At approximately 1:45 a.m., Ethan and Xana are believed to have returned to the residence at 1122 King Road. It was previously reported that Ethan resided at the home; however, it has been determined that he was only visiting."

Material facts:

Seems like tremendous overkill if there was a gripe against just 1 person. Thinking the whole house--all its residents-- were the targets. Maybe the 2 survivors got lucky and with doors locked, perp decided 4 was enough and not worth risking being seen or apprehended.

Could not see the two persons on the ground floor? Or had to come back down which was too much risk? Risk that police already called? Time was passing.

AIMOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched Fox News a few minutes ago and they just mentioned that police are still looking for whoever drove that white Hyundai Elentra in that cul de sac Road near the house on Nov 13 between 3am and 5 am so clearly the person or persons still have not come forward.

Also “IF” the police were to say that a person or persons have come forward in regards to the white Hyundai they could do so without compromising the investigation. Here’s how: In order to keep the integrity of the investigation they could say a person who was in the white Hyundai on the cul de sac road near the home on November 13 has come forward. We will not be releasing a name or description of the person at this time.

Just so there’s no confusion NO one has come forward so far to say they drove the white Hyundai or were in the white Hyundai that was near the home on November 13. I was just using the above as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1