ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he go downstairs to finish the job? Was Ethan not injured enough and he got up and the killer heard a noise upstairs?
I don't have anything to add to the waiting inside or outside discussion at this point. However, I do have a theory on why the two roomates were left untouched.

I like to think that K was his last victim, and she managed to get a really strong kick to the chestnuts groin region in her last breath. After that, he was done.

I have zero evidence to support that; as I said, I just like to think it... :)

Yeah I saw this and wondered as well. They found a jacket down the street from the house in the bushes. Also, the food truck video shows her gesturing at someone, can't tell if jokingly or aggressively.
imo the gesturing etc was in the other guy's direction ( not hoodie guy.) imo that's why hoodie guy does that hand gesture to him straight after.

It's a free country and he can say whatever he wants. But what good is it going to do? Imo. What good does it do to release info only the killer might know? When LE interviews a suspect he might slip up and say something ok only LE knows. Then they know they have their guy. Imo.
Again, I highly doubt that LE is telling him everything they have. Plus after his first couple of interviews they are probably telling him less. Maybe it's his way of trying to help. Maybe it helps by making him feel like he is doing something. Whatever his reasoning is, it's his.

I think of the Jacob Wetterling case, although that was years ago, The FBI was there as well with far less resources than today. Small town in Minn and one of the most well known child abduction cases that changed America and even the world.

Podcast was made a couple of years ago, In the Dark. It reveals the incredible screwed up investigation.

Also, with the Ted Bundy case which is on Wiki pedia, his gf kept telling LE it might be him, He showed up 26 times on a list as a possible.

The Delphi case.

The Moscow dept seems on the ball as far as getting info and being professional .

I hope the police have someone who is a liaison with the families. They need to be treated with respect. They need a professional who knows how to relate to people with the most incredible level of trauma. People who are consumed with grief

It's a free country and he can say whatever he wants. But what good is it going to do? Imo. What good does it do to release info only the killer might know? When LE interviews a suspect he might slip up and say something ok only LE knows. Then they know they have their guy. Imo.
I am literally waiting for the father to turn towards the camera during an interview and call out someone's name and say, "____________, I know it was you! Be a man and come forward!" I sincerely hope that this does not happen and, if it does, that the media station does not air it (yeah, right).

I feel so badly for the families of these victims, but I also can’t help but feel anxiety over SG’s interviews. I also feel that my Google searches today alone may land me on a no-fly list.

The more I read about this case and the longer it's taking to name a suspect, the more I think this was a crime of opportunity. Someone saw the girl near the food truck, or maybe earlier, saw they were drunk, followed them home and got surprised to find others home. IMO if it was someone they knew and in their circle this person would have had blood on them, possible cuts, been acting strange, more tips would be in. There would be a sense that this person would snap. IMO this is a stranger, who is much harder to find.

LE would not share the autopsy with family at this stage. It is part of an active investigation. Imo.
Well maybe what the coroner said, I guess that’s where Mr G is getting his info. Yes I agree with what you said.

Excellent summary. I feel terrible for the families and what they're going through, but I don't like their words and opinions being used as primary sources for reporting when there's no secondary sources.
Are you saying journalists should suppress the story by refusing to report things that family members publicly state?
A journalist's responsibility is to inform the public, not to censor the facts. The fact is Kaylee's dad has an opinion and a right to express it. I appreciate having the freedom to look at the facts, consider the source (a grieving father) and form my own opinion.

One thing that really stood out to me in this article:

"Kernodle, who had defensive wounds, and Chapin were found on the second floor of 1122 King Road. "It was a hell of a battle going on down there from what the coroner told us," Goncalves said."

To me, that says that K&M were attacked first. E&X went to check and a fight ensued OR the killer knocked on the locked bedroom door, forcing E&X to wake up and open the door.
Is it plausible that the Coroner would have told him what happened to other victims? ( Okay I recall that the coroner was criticised for speaking to the press in the first instance but would she describe the second-floor crime scene info to non-parents? ie people who aren't X & E's parents )

Last edited:
From the most recent update:

Investigators continue to not release detailed information. It is what must be done to preserve the
integrity of the investigation

Maybe it's my dose of "hopium" I'm taking, but these type of statements lead me to believe they really do have a good grasp of what went on, the order in which it happened, and the possibility of who is responsible (regardless of not naming them a POI at this point).

It is unfortunate that we allow small local sheriff and police depts. to investigates homicides just because the crime occurred in that area. It leads to mistakes in almost every case I have followed. Some murders are never solved because of mistakes and missteps by LE that have never handled a homicide before. IMO a more uniform and effective approach would be a Federal agency that only investigates homicides . I am sure most victims family would agree, as well as most small town LE agencies.
Either way, we need to train and invest into newest technology. Otherwise, it will all bode down to overwhelmed lab technicians and either backlogs, or worse. Cases like that of Annie Dookhan, a chemist from MA who falsified drug test results, are extreme, but DNA probes brings in more tests. I know many people, smart people, choosing criminology today. Their equipment should match their brains.

I understand that we are not entitled to any investigative information, nor should we be. All I was saying was that he has a right to say whatever he likes. We may not agree with it, we may feel that it is wrong, but in the end it was his daughter that was murdered and if wants to say something regarding her he has that right.
Respectfully, I don’t agree that he has a right to say whatever he wants. Maybe he would have that right if it was just his daughter that was murdered, but there are 3 other families that lost their children and no one has the right to jeopardize the investigation into their child’s murder.

Attorney here (not giving legal advice, of course); I would not expect a judge to throw out crime scene photos at trial due to media release. Sharing too many details can compromise an investigation, though!
Wouldn't a defense atty claim that the premature release or description of the wounds to the press impede his client's rights of getting a fair trial?

Does anyone else think that the person responsible was already inside the home when they returned that night? Someone mentioned there being no signs of forced entry, but I've also seen people talk about how "safe" this town was and that people regularly left their doors unlocked. I agree that the person was probably familiar with the layout of the home so they may also know if they leave their doors unlocked. I really hate this notion that in all of these horrific crimes we hear about that the town "was so safe" and all of that. A town may be safe statistically on paper but that doesn't mean that a sadistic killer isn't lying in wait. Take Abby & Libby's case for example. The killer was the sole pharmacist in their town and someone that most people probably knew. This is in no way victim shaming and it is awful that we are forced to live in constant fear but I'm just tired of this "it was such a safe town" crap when every other horrific crime happens in a "safe, small town, where everyone knows everyone." Anyways, this is just my current thought.
Lying in wait? I don't think so. Came to the house as the guest of one of the residents as they returned home that evening? I think that's possible.

MOO, but with the new info from SG, I think a couple of things might be clearer. If KG’s lung was punctured, I believe that lends itself to not being able to make noise. I think there could have been some noise from upstairs, which awoke/summoned EC and XK who potentially left the safety of their room to investigate. I believe the killer was attempting to leave the house and was confronted at which point he fought with and killed EC and XK. I am very surprised no one downstairs heard anything bc I think there would have been ample opportunity for the second floor victims to tell and scream. Perhaps the house was soundproofed, I don’t know. I believe KG was the target and everyone else was just in the killer’s way. So very sad.

FBI has a history of struggling with cases where there is limited blood, fibers, fingerprints, or hair of the perpetrator, and lack of a clear suspect in the database. With nothing to match up the blood, fibers, fingerprints or hair to it often is of little importance. I think that the time has come for reward money. People always need money.

Some recent thoughts. Many killers have been caught due to someone making the heartbreaking decision to turn in a loved one. I try to remind myself the LE and their choices of what to release to the public could be protecting these very brave and potentially, vulnerable people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia