ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying journalists should suppress the story by refusing to report things that family members publicly state?
A journalist's responsibility is to inform the public, not to censor the facts. The fact is Kaylee's dad has an opinion and a right to express it. I appreciate having the freedom to look at the facts, consider the source (a grieving father) and form my own opinion.
I think what the poster is concerned about is the father's comments being reported as fact.

I am sad that people are criticizing the father. The family has experienced one of the most horrifying things that can happen to a family. And Maddie was like another daughter.

If anyone has had awful things happen in their lives, we know that we are consumed with a million feelings,

I hope people will think about the intense soul destroying pain these families are experiencing and the millions of ups,downs, sideways feelings of the most bizarre experience of their lives . Gut wrenching .

imo the gesturing etc was in the other guy's direction ( not hoodie guy.) imo that's why hoodie guy does that hand gesture to him straight after.
Yeah they keep mentioning hoodie guy but the other guy seems to be the 1 arguing and gesturing with Maddie. I wonder if he's been cleared yet. Poor KG just trying to use her coupon and get some macaroni :(

<modsnip - quoted post and response discussing this discussion rather than the case was removed>

SG thinks K was the target, apparently. And I get that. I just think it's wise to take a step back and go with "maybe no one individual targeted" OR "we don't know which individual was targeted."

If Brian Entin gets interviews with others in Moscow (which I assume he will), we will apparently be able to discuss some other possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't a defense atty claim that the premature release or description of the wounds to the press impede his client's rights of getting a fair trial?

There has been no premature release of crime scene photos, though. LE has taken 4000 of them, according to their website.

I don't think we've seen any of them - just photography by journalists from outside the house.

At any rate, why are we discussing premature release of crime scene photos?

Yeah they keep mentioning hoodie guy but the other guy seems to be the 1 arguing and gesturing with Maddie. I wonder if he's been cleared yet. Poor KG just trying to use her coupon and get some macaroni :(

As he was reported to have gone to LE himself ( in msm) , I guess they must have checked him out
Me personally, I don't suspect him of having anything to do with this crime. I'd eat my hat if he was the perp ;)

I can understand the significance of figuring out who or if anyone was the target here, but to assume it was any one of them based off NOTHING seems redundent. It seems like too many people are assuming that KG or MM were the targets simply because they were pretty and blonde?

The way he described the Hyundai appeal, sounds to me that they think occupant/s of Hyundai might just be potential witnesses (not occupant/s they suspect of being directly involved)

anybody else interpret it that way?

I think the Chief is leaving it open. I've already discussed my theory (that they have fiber analysis from either the carpet or the upholstery of a 2011-2013 white Hyundai Elantra). And, as the driver of a 2008 vehicle that has never had its carpet or upholstery changed out, and as a person who works on a college campus, I will say that the odds of an Elantra from 2011-13 still having original carpet/upholstery are high.

If I were LE, I'd have several theories: either the intruder had an Elantra (probably not), OR the intruder borrowed/made use of an Elantra, OR some hapless Elantra owner inadvertently picked up a hitchhiker that night.

This would explain why there is no license plate number available (they focused on the car due to fiber database analysis).

Car could be from Idaho or just about any place else, but I am guessing it will turn out to be Idaho or Washington.

Since the Chief doesn't know the exact situation and doesn't want a witch hunt, he put it just the way he said it.

I understand that we are not entitled to any investigative information, nor should we be. All I was saying was that he has a right to say whatever he likes. We may not agree with it, we may feel that it is wrong, but in the end it was his daughter that was murdered and if wants to say something regarding her he has that right.
I also think he could be coming from a place of he'd have to live with "wondering" "what if" I don't do or get my own investigators and it might have made a positive difference - He's likely not rational enough to consider negative outcome of speaking out. I reserve judgment of him and his actions at least at this point. I might do the same as it might be impossible to trust a system would have same investment in finding killer.

Respectfully, I don’t agree that he has a right to say whatever he wants. Maybe he would have that right if it was just his daughter that was murdered, but there are 3 other families that lost their children and no one has the right to jeopardize the investigation into their child’s murder.
In addition, we don't know which members of the families he has/has not spoken to. Like any other mass murder, there have been divorces, separations, yet the members of the far flung families have a right to hear what will be released by another of the victims' relatives who has the responsibility, imo, to make sure that ALL members of these families have been alerted to what he will say. And, if they are onboard to his describing the death scene of their child as being the result of a huge battle.

Imo

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that the person responsible was already inside the home when they returned that night? Someone mentioned there being no signs of forced entry, but I've also seen people talk about how "safe" this town was and that people regularly left their doors unlocked. I agree that the person was probably familiar with the layout of the home so they may also know if they leave their doors unlocked. I really hate this notion that in all of these horrific crimes we hear about that the town "was so safe" and all of that. A town may be safe statistically on paper but that doesn't mean that a sadistic killer isn't lying in wait. Take Abby & Libby's case for example. The killer was the sole pharmacist in their town and someone that most people probably knew. This is in no way victim shaming and it is awful that we are forced to live in constant fear but I'm just tired of this "it was such a safe town" crap when every other horrific crime happens in a "safe, small town, where everyone knows everyone." Anyways, this is just my current thought.

JMO and a hypothesis - If he already was in the house, then it is not impossible that the person visited the house before and went through their things. It would be interesting what KG said about her stalker, maybe he did get into her room prior and was stealing her items, and she just felt that something was not right, but couldn’t explain? We don’t always know what we see/feel, maybe the remaining smell of another person? Only we register it subconsciously.

This question, where he stayed, is very important for DNA probes.

Interesting to say the least. What prompted you to check Pullman activity? I haven't seen Pullam WA mentioned until now (WA, yes, but not Pullman)
Pullman is literally the next town over from Moscow. Crossing state lines. Palouse River Dr (the south boundary LE mentioned) turns into sand road and goes into Washington. Just one option.

The dad is out there, despite immense grief, doing what he thinks is right, to keep the pressure on everyone to find the killer. Go dad!
I agree, Mr. G has every right to release some info to set the facts straight. And, keep the LE on their toes as well as the public interested by SM reports.
IMO, the killer(s) were male, why not release that fact by LE? I am sure they know the gender of the killer by now.
You go Mr. G!

Last edited:
Maybe he read her autopsy that Maddie’s family shared with him? Idk
Talking about KG's wounds per the article but SG also added this (which adds to what XK's dad said early on):

So this is what SG meant when he said "I PAID for that".
He paid for a copy of Kaylee's autopsy. Maybe he paid for a copy of Maddie's too, or as AQUARIAN has pointed out, maybe Maddie's parent's shared a copy of Maddie's autopsy with SG.
EDIT: The article states he paid for Death Certificate for Kaylee. No mention of autopsy report. Sorry for confusing the two. There's a difference.

Last edited:
I can understand the significance of figuring out who or if anyone was the target here, but to assume it was any one of them based off NOTHING seems redundent. It seems like too many people are assuming that KG or MM were the targets simply because they were pretty and blonde?
They were very drunk. That in itself can make a person a target. Additionally, Kaylee was on her phone. Being distracted by your phone can leave you vulnerable because you aren’t situationally aware.
Another tip for safety…have your keys out and ready so you are not digging through a purse to get into your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia