ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My family went to one of these for the 1st time ever over the Summer and we had a blast. The owner is a member of the "professional" league, so he is licensed to do all sorts of leagues and tournaments for the sport. It was a lot of fun, and at no point did we feel that we were in an unsafe situation. In fact most of the people there seemed to be in the same boat as us - 1st timers, or groups of friends out to try something new that they saw on ESPN.

Many of us go to shooting experiences, that wasn't my point.

My point is that people who invest in a particular type of knife might like going someplace to handle it in public and to show it off. The way I do with the weaponry I possess - I do want to feel very comfort with these items while out of the house. The knife that the local merchants mention being asked about is fairly expensive- especially for a young person. It's entirely possible this perp bought the knife merely for this murder, but I'm guessing not.

People visit gun ranges to practice with guns (and gun ranges are used to LE stopping by to talk about recent visitors). Knife ranges or bow ranges - ditto.

Since knives seem to be less of a focus at this particular spot, hopefully someone carrying a "Rambo-style" knife (and yes, people do throw those at targets) might be worth having a conversation with - they may not be involved, but probably would notice others with the same equipment.

I also think this perp is watching the investigation very, very closely.

I meant releasing descriptions of the wounds suffered by a victim to the media might be an argument that a defense atty could use at trial, coupled with other sensitive details that have already been released, unfortunately. He might also claim that his client was already tried in the press which impedes his client's right to a fair trial.

I don't want to hear anymore evidence released to the press...I want this guy convicted of these crimes in a court of law and given the maximum sentence allowed as I'm sure you do. If you have any legal expertise you can add to this, I'd be most appreciative because I have no legal background as you may have already noticed. Lol
IME, defense attorneys would likely argue that their client can’t get an impartial local jury due to media coverage, which could result in a change of venue. And I think in many high-profile cases, it’s reasonable to make that argument; a fair trial is a defendant’s right. But it’s likely that argument is already in play even if no additional details are published.

[hopefully manifesting a suspect, charges, and a fair trial with this line of discussion. Speaking it into being!]

Last edited:
I was looking through maddies pintrest the other day and saw photos she's posted to her board. I presume the photos are of the bedroom of the house? Just it made me so sad seeing allof her things, she obviously loved pink and girly things. It just hit home how young and care free they all were. I also noticed there were 2 single beds end to end there which makes me wonder if kaylee was in the other one?
Iv also just been reading what SG has said today and it's obviously someone who isn't afraid of blood and guts, he's obviously very comfortable using a knife and knows exactly what a knife can do. Super horrific
Are those photos from this house, or perhaps a previous dorm/sorority house room? They look more dorm-like than I expected from this house, like the one bedroom is meant for two people. If all the rooms in the house are like this, the house would hold 12 people?

My urban suburb has an axe throwing venue as well.

They are very tame and the customers are mostly adult birthdays, anniversaries, social groups and business groups looking to do something different from the standard "Celebrate Diana's B-day at Joe's bar- again" type events.

I did not notice any survivalist type customers on the two occasions that I went. My guess is that any such people would find the venue more than a little tame for their liking (lots of burdensome safety measures, female customers who find axe throwing awesome- Well, during the once a year, 2 hour period that they are doing it for Diana's night out).
I've never been to one...didn't know they existed. Lol! My main concern would be the alcohol. And, I was visualizing more of a bar setting as opposed to a party venue. Thanks

My family went to one of these for the 1st time ever over the Summer and we had a blast. The owner is a member of the "professional" league, so he is licensed to do all sorts of leagues and tournaments for the sport. It was a lot of fun, and at no point did we feel that we were in an unsafe situation. In fact most of the people there seemed to be in the same boat as us - 1st timers, or groups of friends out to try something new that they saw on ESPN.

Many of us go to shooting experiences, that wasn't my point.

My point is that people who invest in a particular type of knife might like going someplace to handle it in public and to show it off. The way I do with the weaponry I possess - I do want to feel very comfort with these items while out of the house. The knife that the local merchants mention being asked about is fairly expensive- especially for a young person. It's entirely possible this perp bought the knife merely for this murder, but I'm guessing not.

People visit gun ranges to practice with guns (and gun ranges are used to LE stopping by to talk about recent visitors). Knife ranges or bow ranges - ditto.

Since knives seem to be less of a focus at this particular spot, hopefully someone carrying a "Rambo-style" knife (and yes, people do throw those at targets) might be worth having a conversation with - they may not be involved, but probably would notice others with the same equipment.

I also think this perp is watching the investigation very, very closely.

JMO

I wonder how many bloody 'unfamiliar' foot prints were photographed at the crime scene. With that kind of carnage surely there would have been some.

We have learned of exactly none, survivors did not mention them, we did not see evidence of them on the drone footage (which was done fairly early in this investigation - it's not as if they would wash the footprints off the porch if there were some).

Usually, if they have a footprint, they also can say the sex and general height of the perpetrator - and his shoe size. They could rule out half the population if they have a footprint (even a partial). Footprint analysis is considered extremely good evidence and there are people who study only forensic footprints. Such footprints would have allowed them to know which exit the perp used, and which direction he went in.

If the police know this was a male with size 11 feet, wearing a certain type of shoe - I can't believe they haven't so stated. That would indeed be unusual LE practice, if true.

Exactly this!

The only way, in my opinion, it could be relevant is IF there were someone who was asked to leave said establishment, or not return, due to their weird behaviours, or lack of safety/control/rule following.
That is a good point and worth pursuing with the owner and employees.

Maybe somebody who either refused to follow burdensome safety rules, or say,:

- "Knew more" than the staff about axe throwing- and wanted the customers to know it.

- Was overly interested in correcting Diana's throwing techniques- though it was obvious that casually throwing Diana was not really interested in improving.

I was looking through maddies pintrest the other day and saw photos she's posted to her board. I presume the photos are of the bedroom of the house? Just it made me so sad seeing allof her things, she obviously loved pink and girly things. It just hit home how young and care free they all were. I also noticed there were 2 single beds end to end there which makes me wonder if kaylee was in the other one?
Iv also just been reading what SG has said today and it's obviously someone who isn't afraid of blood and guts, he's obviously very comfortable using a knife and knows exactly what a knife can do. Super horrific
These are definitely dorm pictures.

Can someone explain to me why some are treating SG's comments as if they are 100% factual? I'm missing where, outside of his own statements, any of what he says has been verified?

It’s silly to question the Father’s motives.

He has zero motive to lie, to the contrary.

It’s obvious he only wants justice.

Looking at these make me wonder if these are pictures from the house or possibly a dorm room or the sorority house?

They are from her sorority era postings and seem to have been pinned prior to M ever renting a room in the off campus house. Since others have pinned the same pictures, it's likely not her room - but inspiration for her room. Someone could try and figure that out, I suppose.

I think she just pinned these as "inspiration" for her room.

I've never been to one...didn't know they existed. Lol! My main concern would be the alcohol. And, I was visualizing more of a bar setting as opposed to a party venue. Thanks
You are welcome. The one in my 'burb is 100% party venue sans alcohol ( BOB was permitted, but nobody was over indulging). Rather, the other groups in the place seemed to view the "Axing" as only the warm up for the night out.

Other Axe throwing may offer alcohol on site, but I am still guessing that most would be tilted towards "party venue" instead of "bar with axes". Then again, timber country maybe different than urban suburbs.

Last edited:
Clearly he's frustrated and I imagine a lot of us would feel that same way if we were in this situation. To me the really sad thing is that we learn more from him than we do LE.
Why is that sad? Not learning these details from LE is by design, to protect the integrity of the case. And SG’s words are not facts; facts come from LE.

IME, defense attorneys would likely argue that their client can’t get an impartial local jury due to media coverage, which could result in a change of venue. And I think in many high-profile cases, it’s reasonable to make that argument; a fair trial is a defendant’s right. But it’s likely that argument is already in play even if no additional details are published.

[hopefully manifesting a suspect, charges, and fair trial with this line of discussion. Speaking it into being!]
Exactly. That's what has happened with the Chad and Lori Daybell case(s). They moved the trial to Ada County, which is where I live in the capital city of Boise, Idaho. Not sure how the Daybells could get a "fair" trial here, either, since their case was given nationwide coverage (several Dateline specials) since almost the beginning. I supposed by not having the trial in the city they are from, the potential jury pool would not be tainted by local gossip, etc.

They are from her sorority era postings and seem to have been pinned prior to M ever renting a room in the off campus house. Since others have pinned the same pictures, it's likely not her room - but inspiration for her room. Someone could try and figure that out, I suppose.
I believe it is her room. But probably not at the house. The Good Vibes light was at the house correct? Maybe she took it with her when she moved?

I understand why LE needs to keep details of the crime under wraps, but one of unfortunate side effects of that is the the rumor mill goes wild. Maybe the rumors are true, but the two I've heard wherein people are naming names on the internet, are 180 out from each other. They can't both be true, they might both be wrong. Either way, if these people being named are innocent, then these rumors could potentially ruin their lives. Reddit, I'm looking at you.

Have there been any instances of fighting in these places or misbehaving? I mean would you consider going to one dangerous? Th

I'm not on Social Media so I didn't realize that anyone anywhere in the world can just look at your pictures. I thought you had to be friends or be invited or something. So.....the killer(s) could get mounds of of information about the victims and the house from pinterest and whatever. That's shocking to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia