ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

MOSCOW, Idaho – EXCLUSIVE: Detectives collected eight hours of surveillance videoTuesday morning from a gas station in Moscow where a clerk saw a white sedan passing by at 3:45 a.m. on the night of the unsolved stabbing deaths of four University of Idaho students, according store workers.

An overnight assistant manager told Fox News Digital that she's been reviewing the tapes a little bit at a time over the past few days, looking for clues in her downtime on the graveyard shift. She said she was not working on the night of the murders.

Monday night, she said, she reached the 3 o'clock hour and spotted the car. She said she took a picture of the screen and sent it to an email address police set up to receive tips.

"I had a weird feeling to go get on the cameras," she said, asking that her name not be publicized out of safety concerns as the suspect remains at large.

The car drove by "real quick," she said, and turned down a side street off Highway 8.

Last week, police said they were looking to speak with the occupants of a white Hyundai Elantra who may have information on the slayings of Madison Mogen, 21, Kaylee Goncalves, 21, Ethan Chapin, 20, and Xana Kernodle, 20. The three women lived together at the home and Chapin, who was dating Kernodle, spent the night over.

Police have said they believe anyone in the Elantra may have "critical information to share" in the case.
Really hope this is going to lead to a break in this case! Good for that assistant manager for having the sense to check through the CCTV even if it doesn’t pan out.

I found LE‘s words interesting. We want a CONVICTION. They also seemed to be more relaxed in recent days. I think they have their suspect(s). Just building the case. Also, It’s interesting that more info seems to be seeping out here lately.
I've been hearing this kind of talk since day 2 of the case and we're still basically nowhere.

ETA: The linked article above / quoted below says "Elantra without a license plate", but this may not be verbatim wording from LE? that was used in the article, so take it with a grain of salt I guess.

If it is verbatim from LE, that was a detail I wasn't aware of, that there was no license plate. I thought the license plate just couldn't be seen in the footage they had.

"Moscow police recently identified its first publicly revealed lead in the investigation, saying that they are looking to talk to the occupant of a 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra without a license plate that was spotted in the immediate area of the King Street residence in the early hours of November 13."

Last edited:
On one of the last posts, (there have been so....many) with the grub truck, there are two versions. There is a clip that is several minutes long and then their is a different clip that I believe is 12 minutes. On the lengthier clip the young lady that you are referring to that raises her arm, (Maddie) can be heard saying more to the young man. The clip was introduced by a African American woman who did not make speculations just reported and showed the clip. MOO, I just thought the girls may have been given something at the bar in their drinks because I cannot understand how they would be so asleep by 3:00.
I believe it's likely they were.
But they probably bought it.
Alcohol. Maybe one was asleep, the other borderline. Killer used stealth, most likely.
There was nothing to hear because kiler/s made no noise?

Really hope this is going to lead to a break in this case! Good for that assistant manager for having the sense to check through the CCTV even if it doesn’t pan out.
Exactly. It does sound promising, just based on the timing, car, and the way it allegedly moved.

Thanks for the link to this article about the search warrants! I missed the somewhat huge detail before that the Elantra didn't have a license plate! I thought the license plate just couldn't be seen on footage -- so much more sketchy (and illegal):

"Moscow police recently identified its first publicly revealed lead in the investigation, saying that they are looking to talk to the occupant of a 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra without a license plate that was spotted in the immediate area of the King Street residence in the early hours of November 13."
This looks like yet another example of bad reporting to me. The linked article does not support that statement. It correctly quotes the more careful language from MPD:
The report of the vehicle spotted on the night of the killings, which police said was a 2011-2013 white Hyundai Elantra with an "unknown license plate," could be the most "significant" piece of information released so far, according to one expert.

I found LE‘s words interesting. We want a CONVICTION. They also seemed to be more relaxed in recent days. I think they have their suspect(s). Just building the case. Also, It’s interesting that more info seems to be seeping out here lately.
I have thought they are more relaxed also. I think they are building their case and we may be close to an arrest.

Forgive me if this has been discussed already. I just hopped back on after seeing a story about the potential sighting on footage taken from the gas station at 802 Troy. Earlier, there was talk here about LE interest in a different gas station next to A&W on Main.

Question: Were we confused about which gas station LE was checking out, or is it possible there is potential footage from both? If both, screenshot of potential path attached.

I can't imagine LE seeing the car on that gas station footage and not expanding their video request area. Remember, they wanted footage west of 95 and over towards the botanical garden.

Seems strange unless the car went east on Lauder and there was a blind spot at that intersection. Otherwise, this footage from the other gas station should have been retrieved long time ago.

If that's true then the scream a neighbor claims to have heard around 4:00am might be accurate.
If that's true then the scream a neighbor claims to have heard around 4:00am might be accurate.
I looked up gas stations on HWY 8 and there is a Mobil right opposite Styner which goes to Taylor. This is the map.

Thought about this. Maybe, if they heard an voice downstairs and an argument, and they identified the person immediately as a friend of J. I could see the girls trying to get him to come help deal with it initially rather than calling 911. But the timeline of the calls seems way too long for that to me. Surely if it was escalating to audible violence, screaming, bodies thumping around, as it would have had to in that scenario, and he hadn't picked up in all that time and all those attempts, they would have tried someone else, or 911.
This, this…THIS! I am leaning towards the first half of your post. It never made sense to me why they would both be calling J over and over. Until I read this. Moo.

I'm catching up on the car news.

I'm still a bit amazed about the amount of activity in that area around 3 a.m. I think the killer was either invisible or blended in so naturally no one gave him a 2nd thought. That's extremely bold. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody