ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the actual car they are seeking and are able to identify the owner, that person is in real deep if they had not come forward after the request,
I understand your point, but assuming there's >1 "white Elantra" in the area, I don't think it's illegal to not come forward for something you're not involved in, even if it's just to get cleared. Maybe a little self-absorbed, but not illegal. MOO

Westbound on White Avenue towards Troy Road, also known as Hwy 8.

"An overnight assistant at the Mobil station on White Avenue and Highway 8 told DailyMail.com she may have spotted the white Hyundai Elantra that police believe is connected to the fatal stabbings speeding away from the scene.

She said she spent days poring over surveillance footage from the night of November 13 before she spotted a white sedan traveling westbound on White Avenue at around 3.45am the night of the murder before turning down a side street."

DailyMail
Interesting, a Google map search "Gas Station" at that same location indicates an Exon. A more specific search "Mobile Gas Station" reveals the mobile name. Is there such a thing as Exon/Mobile ? Thanks for your info.

My guess: they needed time to actually get/download/copy the video evidence so they shut the station down. But that's just a guess. Possibly to ward off any other people/locals coming in and making further assumptions as to their reason for visiting and/or speculating on what's going on there?
Reporters as well - I'm sure the place is still crawling with them, and any inkling of a police presence anywhere would likely surround the place with media in minutes IMO

By the way, I think that the crime scene tape was to keep anyone from using the gas station while they were there. They certainly didn’t want to have anyone walking in and overhearing anything they were doing while they were there. That’s just my opinion.

RSBM.

From the direction of Safeway back towards Troy Rd. Look at what is near Safeway. A cemetary. That'd be dark and private place to dump weapon and or get changed, no!?

View attachment 387275
It doesn't make sense the car would be traveling west on Safeway. The attendant said, traveling on 8 and the soon after turned off. projecting the direction the car came from and how they were traveling my suggested paths going North would follow what the attendant said and the direction the car was traveling

To me, begs the question- even though they asked everyone with a camera or phone at that time to bring video to police- didn’t they go around to get it from any grocery store, convenience store, gas station, especially near a highway? We‘Re not talking about Miami- it’s a small town. Not that many places to go ask for video before it’s recorded over! I don’t understand how a month later they’re just getting video. I do understand that they didn’t announce about the white car until recently, but I’m talking about just getting all recordings from all those kinds of establishments at that time of the morning from all of them to sit and go through them. Look to see was anyone speeding off Or any cars out at that time. Between 3-5 am, not many cars out. I can’t believe if that was not done
And it’s not like they’re looking at an extended period of time either.

Could someone summarize this part of the Abrams Law and Crime article that was posted on here...I just don't get what it is trying to say!
"
An image of the car, from the footage, can be seen reflected onto an image of a cellular phone and shows a white car driving at night – clearly denoted by its strong and visible headlights."

It's the part about the image of a cell phone. How is a cell phone involved..?

It doesn't make sense the car would be traveling west on Safeway. The attendant said, traveling on 8 and the soon after turned off. projecting the direction the car came from and how they were traveling my suggested paths going North would follow what the attendant said and the direction the car was traveling
Why would the car be traveling west at 3:45 AM at speed ? It should have been traveling away from Moscow at speed.

West on White (coming from direction of Safeway).

She had a limited perspective, which makes me think he went over to Styner, which is a side street of Rt 8.

Second time LE visted the station. Hope they mention this in tomorrow press release.

'I was just sitting here on the graveyard shift, really bored, and I decided to look through the surveillance footage,' the overnight manager said. 'I just thought I would find something. I'm really intuitive.'

She added that Tuesday morning actually marked the second time police have been by the Mobil station to look at the video.

Investigators also pulled video footage from a 76 gas station on Main Street just down the road from the police headquarters on the day after the murders.

The Moscow Police did not immediately respond to an inquiry about the footage.

Could someone summarize this part of the Abrams Law and Crime article that was posted on here...I just don't get what it is trying to say!
"
An image of the car, from the footage, can be seen reflected onto an image of a cellular phone and shows a white car driving at night – clearly denoted by its strong and visible headlights."

It's the part about the image of a cell phone. How is a cell phone involved..?
You can tell in the picture of the car that someone is holding a phone up to a screen to take said picture. There is a reflection of the phone they are using to take the picture, off of the screen they are taking a picture of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody