ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Kaylee's mom said Murphy usually slept with Kaylee or Madison Mogen. Murphy didn't usually bark, but if locked in a room by the suspect, he'd likely bark, whine and scratch at the door, she said.”

That’s certainly interesting.
I hope someone thought to check the bottom part of the door. It he's anything like my dogs there could be deep gouges. I even had one go threw the door once. But he's a big strong guy. I don't see Murphy doing anything so destructive. Hmm makes also wonder, if it was someone he knew would he have stayed quiet?

I hope someone thought to check the bottom part of the door. It he's anything like my dogs there could be deep gouges. I even had one go threw the door once. But he's a big strong guy. I don't see Murphy doing anything so destructive. Hmm makes also wonder, if it was someone he knew would he have stayed quiet?
BBM: This is what I'm thinking. If I locked my boxer behind closed doors he would have rammed the door until someone let him out. You can imagine this dog sensing his owner in harm's way and then smelling all the blood.

There was a discussion last night about the timeframe and it was the mayor who said the deaths occurred between 3am-4am; The coroner gave a timeframe between 2am-5am.

MOO
Have you been able to find any direct quote from the coroner giving that time frame? It's been in a couple of MSM articles but the links they provided to "verify" it went to reports that only said something like "early morning hours." I would love to know exactly where this time frame originated. Thank you!

I get you with the going scenario, and I totally agree it could be going to the house (if it's "the car"). I was trying to stay within the statement that the victims died between 3 and 4 am. Since they didn't elaborate any further and say it could be later than 4 but not earlier than 3, to me if the perp arrived later than 3:45 he would not have had time to park, enter, kill and then leave before 4 am. If LE would expand their 3 am to 4 am time frame I could fit this gas station car in a little better. But that's just me thinking out loud again.
Iirc, the 3-4 am statement came from the Mayor very early on. I don't think that timeframe has been released by LE. I'm open to a larger timeframe. Imo.

Question: if the killer(s) searched 1122 king road on their phone prior to the murders (either on Apple Maps or google maps) would LE be able to see this?
Hi!
In order to see history. Both apps would need to have the "save locations" option toggled to on. Then, they would log into the person's apple/google accounts from any device to see the history. They would need login info in order to do that.
They could also potentially see this through a Wifi router. Would depend on it's settings.
edit: They would need search warrants in order to attain login credentials and access to router history.
. Lemme know if you have more questions.

Last edited:
I'm kind of wondering why Coroner Mabbutt even had access to the autopsy report. At this point the document is part of the official police investigation. She wouldn't have a "need to know". She came, pronounced them deceased, arranged an autopsy and wrote her report. Job done?? (Maybe I'm being a little critical but to me she seems rather blabby) MOO

Under Title 19, Chapter 43, Section 194301 of the Idaho Code. The Coroner, as soon as she is informed that a person in her county has died: As a result of violence, whether apparently homicidal, suicidal or accidental, or A) Under Suspicious or unknown circumstances, or B) When not attended by a physician during his/her last illness and the cause of death cannot be certified by a physician, shall go to place of death and take charge of the body. An investigation into the events leading up to the person´s death shall commence in cooperation with the appropriate law enforcement agency. The Coroner may authorize an autopsy to be performed by a licensed physician to aid in accurately and scientifically determining the cause and manner of death. The Coroner shall also prepare a written report of the factual information gathered during the course of such an investigation.
So she didn’t go to WA and observe the autopsy’s correct
I've searched but haven't found any articles that say she went to WA. Her news releases mostly describe what she saw at the crime scene.
Thanks, I hadn’t heard she did, I was ensuring I hadntt missed something.

I haven't been on web sleuths in a very long time, health reasons, so I'm trying to get back into everything again. However maybe you all discussed this already, but I'm just now catching on to their being 4 figures that look like they're walking fast or possibly running away from where the deaths happened, as Brian said, did I get that right?!!
Not sure it is sus, but they should be interviewed for certain.
It does give some insight into the level of activity
Much more activity than I was imagining at 3:45AM
  • Three guys in car pulled over underage drinking
  • Cop on patrol pulling over car
  • 4-5 people walking across the street from house area toward frat row
  • White Elantra seen
  • Voices coming from near the cop bodycam
  • 4 young adults murdered
JMO

There was a discussion last night about the timeframe and it was the mayor who said the deaths occurred between 3am-4am; The coroner gave a timeframe between 2am-5am.

MOO
After a month having watched this case regularly, I am baffled that the timeline regarding possible time of deaths seems to keep moving
Why 2-5AM?

Why two AM? The calls went as late as 2:30 if I remember correctly
Why 5AM? Sunrise is near 6:45AM

2:50-6:30AM if you stop at dawn- they were not found until noon so 2:50-Noon is time none of the victims have calls or sightings or texts, condition of bodies would suggest death much earlier- maybe that is evidence for deaths prior to 5AM?

JMO

Not sure it is sus, but they should be interviewed for certain.
It does give some insight into the level of activity
Much more activity than I was imagining at 3:45AM
  • Three guys in car pulled over underage drinking
  • Cop on patrol pulling over car
  • 4-5 people walking across the street from house area toward frat row
  • White Elantra seen
  • Voices coming from near the cop bodycam
  • 4 young adults murdered
JMO
My thoughts exactly. I would think all of those persons have been questioned in detail about what they may have seen or observed in the area. Literally within a few hundred feet of the murder scene.

I get you with the going scenario, and I totally agree it could be going to the house (if it's "the car"). I was trying to stay within the statement that the victims died between 3 and 4 am. Since they didn't elaborate any further and say it could be later than 4 but not earlier than 3, to me if the perp arrived later than 3:45 he would not have had time to park, enter, kill and then leave before 4 am. If LE would expand their 3 am to 4 am time frame I could fit this gas station car in a little better. But that's just me thinking out loud again.
I hear you. The neighbor with the scream at approx 4am had me thinking. Idk.

This question(s) are for the law enforcement types that are in the know. Why keep how they know or suspect a white Elantra could provide them with information regarding this case? Given they were so specific on the year(s) the Elantra was built they obviously got a good look at it. Why not make those pics public? Why not just tell everyone wether the white car speeding past the gas station matches the car they are looking for? It seems to me LE benefits from these things being known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7