ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Metadata is not what they are referring to according to the two Forbes articles I posted or other reports online by security analysts, they are referring to actual human fingerprints.

Former FBI science head Chris Piehota, described how the “image fingerprinting” technology could be used to examine the image of gang members who posted online, making gang signs with their hands.

“They’re also giving us access to their fingerprint patterns,” he adds. “[The FBI] can take your fingerprint characteristics from those images and they can build fingerprint files or fingerprint characteristics for individuals [for whom] we don’t have biographic information.” This could be useful for individuals violating immigration laws where the U.S. doesn’t have a record of their fingerprints in another database, adds Piehota. It could also be used to identify someone in a child exploitation video or, as in an investigation in the Welsh city of Swansea, catch drug dealers using tools like WhatsApp.

Mitre, the company checking your fingerprints on Facebook for the US Government
As this article is two years old and I’ve never heard of this technology
- in evidence collection,
- by experts discussing forensic data,
- or evidence in trials,
I’m guessing this is a speculation for future tech and applications
It sounds like a marketing press release for finding investors

IMO

And Kaylee was just back and ready to be gone forever as she was starting a new life far away.

There’s that odd window for anyone targeting her.
The fact she posted a photo of her and all her roommates the night before her murder makes me think it was a seized opportunity before she left the state. Of course, this is all personal observations.

It has been a month, autopsy is likely already available while toxicology could be a few more weeks. If the coroner had not interviewed we would not know what we do at present.
LE had only mentioned sharp object type description until coroner revealed homicide by multiple lethal stab wounds.
Knowing coroner did not do the autopsies, is a nurse and also a working defense attorney, curious as to why she would even talk when the killer is at large?
As curious as I am, I can wait for autopsy and toxicology if it leads to justice

Some have speculated that autopsy and toxicology are not important here, I would think they always are, there is much they could reveal that is not factual currently
- We have cause and manner of death
- Who all has defense wounds?
- Are there aggressive counter attack wounds? With hands? Or feet?
- What is the nature of attack on each victim, and compared to other victims?
- Were there blows to face or head?
- Are times of death near one another or not?
- Are all stab wounds while victims are facing attacker?
- Are stab wounds in torso, or also neck and brachial artery area? Any to abdomen?

To me, having these answers may help understand the why.
This info and evidence from the scene would reveal path of movement, sequence, entry

A lot of questions
Justice for the victims, prayers for family, friends, and community
JMO
I sincerely hope that LE have much more information and it remains out the public domain because my understanding is if it gets out it corrupts evidence meaning potential for any person arrested to be allowed to go not guilty .

Another question I have is about American st numbers .., why such high numbers on such a short street .don’t they go 1 , 3, 5 , 7 etc

I so feel for all the families as I imagine their mind focuses all the time on trying to get justice for the 4 .does anyone know if they manage to be in contact and solace for each other ?

Last question - if the bodies were laid got up to 9 hours ( 3 am to midday) is that length of time long enough yo have significantly impacted the evidence available on the body ?

I don’t think this killer stayed and enjoyed his crime, but at first thought, I pictured a self gratification scenario. The more I read, the more I think this individual only had execution in mind, though. All unprofessional personal opinions.
I agree with this. The more I read the less connected I think he was to his prey. Not even sure he's ever spoken to them.
Beginning to think he was simply on a hunt.

Last edited:
What we know so far about white car, time and direction.

View attachment 387913
We do not know that the car on camera going west at White Ave 3:45 is the same car that is going west near house at 2:45-3:15AM
In fact that would not make sense for the car to be east at a later time when it is traveling west
It appears they are two cars
Not surprising since I can count at least 8 small white sedans in the parking lots near the house from Google Earth

How many white sedans were driving around that night between 2:30-4AM?
Likely more than 1

JMO

The fact she posted a photo of her and all her roommates the night before her murder makes me think it was a seized opportunity before she left the state. Of course, this is all personal observations.
And that’s what makes this crime so sad and so tragic-it was like this was the last occasion that they were going to be together. Almost a premonition of sorts. Very sad indeed.

Metadata is not what they are referring to according to the two Forbes articles I posted or other reports online by security analysts, they are referring to actual human fingerprints.

Former FBI science head Chris Piehota, described how the “image fingerprinting” technology could be used to examine the image of gang members who posted online, making gang signs with their hands.

“They’re also giving us access to their fingerprint patterns,” he adds. “[The FBI] can take your fingerprint characteristics from those images and they can build fingerprint files or fingerprint characteristics for individuals [for whom] we don’t have biographic information.” This could be useful for individuals violating immigration laws where the U.S. doesn’t have a record of their fingerprints in another database, adds Piehota. It could also be used to identify someone in a child exploitation video or, as in an investigation in the Welsh city of Swansea, catch drug dealers using tools like WhatsApp.

Mitre, the company checking your fingerprints on Facebook for the US Government
Why does this tech make me feel unsettled? Hmmm

Unless the first trip in the white Elantra - is to drop someone off - second trip back towards address at 3.45 is to pick up the passenger. MOO
Yes, exactly my thoughts and belief, as well. This is a town where everything seems 'just five minutes away [by car].' The timeframe of 2:45-3:15 is large timeframe, imo. I'm of the belief that is the dropoff timeframe. There's more than one person involved if that car was used in the crime, imo. Could be an unknowing or scared accessory - still an accessory at this point considering no one has come forward.

All jmo

The dog saw nothing. He can't talk. He's not an important piece.
The dog doesn’t have to talk anymore than dead victims or floor or windows or walls with blood spatter, or footprints, or fingerprints, or the weapon for that matter has to talk.

If the perp pulled the dog by the collar and put him into K’s room away from where the two girls were sleeping, and that perp was not wearing gloves, there could be DNA of the perp on the dog’s collar and door knob of K’s room

Can any evidence that is not known to be present or absent be discounted in an ongoing investigation by the investigators? No
Can any evidence known or not known to exist be discounted by sleuths outside the investigation? No
I hope the LE on scene thought to collect the dog’s collar when they found him, and wore gloves when they opened the door to the bedroom where he was located

JMO

Or a car that has never been seen showing up once.
A perp would check out a location prior to the event, so rolling back footage to prior evenings at a similar time would make sense
Did that car belong elsewhere but had shown up in the middle of the night to drive through the parking lot, or park and stay for a while on other nights?

JMO

Thanks sounds like a good program. Yes everybody would be sued. Im surprised the sorrority is ok with exposing themselves like that. And based on what you just said they should eliminate that Uber budget from step 6
It’s the insurance companies who pay, whether it’s an individual, sorority, or university policy. Their actuaries only concern is to minimize risk, not to their customers but to the company. These services have been around for years so they must lower insurance company’s costs or they would have made the premiums too high for those services to exist. Jmo

The dog doesn’t have to talk anymore than dead victims or floor or windows or walls with blood spatter, or footprints, or fingerprints, or the weapon for that matter has to talk.

If the perp pulled the dog by the collar and put him into K’s room away from where the two girls were sleeping, and that perp was not wearing gloves, there could be DNA of the perp on the dog’s collar and door knob of K’s room

Can any evidence that is not known to be present or absent be discounted in an ongoing investigation by the investigators? No
Can any evidence known or not known to exist be discounted by sleuths outside the investigation? No
I hope the LE on scene thought to collect the dog’s collar when they found him, and wore gloves when they opened the door to the bedroom where he was located

JMO
LE have stated they found no evidence on the dog.

'MPD determined that a dog belonging to Goncalves located at the crime scene after the murders did not have any evidence on him before he was released to the Humane Society and then a "responsible person."

Source

Jeeze, I guess everyone isn’t as curious as us. 24 miles isn’t very far!

From your link:

“Neither the gas station nor the food store indicated they thoroughly looked through their own video for anything unusual.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne