ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. But the car made the appearance at the same time as the band field incident, yes?
This is what I’m having a hard time with. The police bodycam is recording on Taylor Ave. If the time stamp is correct, it doesn’t show a white car going by at that time (it starts at about 2:54am and stops at about 3:16am.) There are no side streets the car could have turned down - unless it pulls into one of the two residences after that point on Taylor Ave, but i think that’s unlikely.

I see a large pickup truck and a dark sedan go by on Taylor Ave on the bodycam footage from 2:54-3:16am. Using the bodycam info, it can be deduced that the white car seen on Linda Lane footage would have to travel outside of that timeframe.

The person who supplied the Linda Lane footage said the white car was seen between 2:45-3:15am but judging by the bodycam footage, it would have to be between 2:45-2:54am. JMO

So two unknowns are known to be occuring at the same time. Police want to know Xk and ECs whereabouts and direction and are interested in the same for the white car. They may have both cars passing by on the neighbors Ring camera.
Does anyone recall if LE ever mentioned having the Ring footage? I'm sure they got it, if K's sister accessed it by asking the neighbor, but I don't believe LE has mentioned anything about it. It seems that footage could be holding a ton of relevant info, including whether K&M got out of the car alone.

Does anyone recall if LE ever mentioned having the Ring footage? I'm sure they got it, if K's sister accessed it by asking the neighbor, but I don't believe LE has mentioned anything about it. It seems that footage could be holding a ton of relevant info, including whether K&M got out of the car alone.
They must have it because they changed the original timeline of Kaylee and Maddie arriving home from 1:45 to 1:56.

We need to remember that the surveillance videos we know of aren't necessarily of the car in question, and aren't necessarily all the video police have of the car in question. We shouldn't get too focused on trying to create a route that accounts for the video we know of, because it may be totally inaccurate.

As I recall, this type of thing happened in the Mollie Tibbetts case where all kinds of inaccurate routes were constructed based on public information that was incomplete or inaccurate. JMO

We need to remember that the surveillance videos we know of aren't necessarily of the car in question, and aren't necessarily all the video police have of the car in question. We shouldn't get too focused on trying to create a route that accounts for the video we know of, because it may be totally inaccurate.

As I recall, this type of thing happened in the Mollie Tibbetts case where all kinds of inaccurate routes were constructed based on public information that was incomplete or inaccurate. JMO
That could be said for anything we know so far though. It's what we do, work within the facts we've been given. If it turns out to be wrong, then so be it.

I don’t think this killer stayed and enjoyed his crime, but at first thought, I pictured a self gratification scenario. The more I read, the more I think this individual only had execution in mind, though. All unprofessional personal opinions.
I'm not saying this is a sexual crime, I was Just simply replying to someone who didn't think a crime without a sex act, could still be considered a sexual crime.

Will be interesting if a male " friendly acquaintance" whom they went to school with fails to show for the service.... What will he drive?
I think he'll be there. Nothing but "supply" for him. LE will be watching. IMO

Kaylees mom once said she was holding off on such events, as the thought the killer(s) might attend left her sick. Does her scheduling this suggest a growing confidence there will be an arrest soon?
I remember that. Either hopeful for arrest or thinks having a memorial might help speed things up.

Jeeze, I guess everyone isn’t as curious as us. 24 miles isn’t very far!

From your link:

“Neither the gas station nor the food store indicated they thoroughly looked through their own video for anything unusual.”
Doesn't this just blow your mind? It does mine. I guess not everyone is wired for justice like us sleuthers are.

And on the release from Moscow LE on December 12, on page 3 they say..."what occured" and "interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel" and "abnormal" stuff "could add context to what occured"

Seems to me...something occured and it centers around Ethan an Xana because LE asks about all those things in relation to Ethan and Xana specifically. IMO

"Detectives continue investigating what occurred from approximately 9 p.m. on November 12th to 1:45 a.m. on November 13th, when Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were believed to be at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. Any interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel, or anything abnormal could add context to what occurred."

I really hope these families get some closure on this terrible crime. I c

The dog doesn’t have to talk anymore than dead victims or floor or windows or walls with blood spatter, or footprints, or fingerprints, or the weapon for that matter has to talk.

If the perp pulled the dog by the collar and put him into K’s room away from where the two girls were sleeping, and that perp was not wearing gloves, there could be DNA of the perp on the dog’s collar and door knob of K’s room

Can any evidence that is not known to be present or absent be discounted in an ongoing investigation by the investigators? No
Can any evidence known or not known to exist be discounted by sleuths outside the investigation? No
I hope the LE on scene thought to collect the dog’s collar when they found him, and wore gloves when they opened the door to the bedroom where he was located

JMO
Is there evidence the dog was wearing a collar? Mine only wears one on walks, not indoors.

Let’s say that the original owner as you say let a care taker drive their car. Then the caretaker of that car who was driving it near the murder scene on November 13 would and should know by now that they are being asked to come forward.

A vehicle that’s not been registered in years has nothing to do with the fact that the person or persons who were driving that white Hyundai Elantra vehicle near the murder scene on November 13 has not come forward.

So regardless if the registered owner isn’t driving the vehicle anymore, regardless if that white Hyundai Elantra hasn’t been registered in years, regardless if it has been stolen etc.

There was a person or persons that were in that white Hyundai Elantra that drove near the murder scene on November 13. The person or persons know that they were in that car on that day and know they are being asked to come forward. So if they got nothing to hide and are innocent they should have came forward.

The police and FBI aren’t saying if you’re the owner, or caretaker, or whatever of the white Hyundai Elantra than come forward. The FBI and LE are saying if YOU were the person and or Persons in the white Hyundai Elantra driving near the murder scene on November 13 to please come forward. Or if you know who the person or persons are that were driving the white Hyundai Elantra near the murder scene on November 13 to please come forward.

In other word if you’re the owner of the white Hyundai and you lent the car to a person or persons LE would like to speak with you so you can tell them who you lent it to. If you’re the owner and you let someone be the caretaker of your white Hyundai than LE would like to speak with you so you can tell them who is the caretaker of your car.

Above all LE wants to talk to the person or persons that was inside the white Hyundai Elantra at the time that the vehicle was near the murder scene on November 13.

Overall, the white Hyundai Elantra was not driving it self on Nov 13. There was a person and or person in that was in the vehicle driving near the murder scene on November 13 and LE wants that person or persons to come forward. JMO
Wouldn’t that make an interesting crime story…killer uses a driverless car to go to crime scene, hides in back seat or trunk…

Just thinking about a comment I read on here a few days ago saying that there was drone footage taken after the murders showing a white Elantra with a person in it sitting in the back parking lot.
Wondering if the perp drove back to watch the police investigation of his crime spree?
It seems unlikely since he was shrewd enough not to leave obvious DNA at the scene but maybe he didn’t count on his car being identified???

I also thought that maybe he drove back by the house the same night after his spree to check to see if there was any movement around the house. Just because that type of car traveling west toward the crime spot but not during crime hours could indicate another pass by on his part.

I think it’s worth asking for camera footage AFTER the published timeline too to see if he was watching the investigation at the house.

I can see your point. I do think the video still has some distortion in it, though. Even the stock images of the Hyundai Elantra provided by LE don't show an elongated front end like the video still. If anything, the front end of the Elantra is even more compacted than the Focus.
Does anyone think the use of the cell phone to take the picture of the video and the flash are contributing to the long nose depicted in the still at the gas station? Seems it hits right at the camera users 2-3 camera lenses. May not make a difference, but that and the flash are adding to the distortion, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harrymorgan