ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still unclear why LE said in one of his statements that they had people (LE) in West VA. Just picking out general states to give the idea of numerous states or is there a reason? Pretty far away, and if it's cause FBI that's in VA, Quantico. Any ideas? General state listing or specific reason?
WV is home to FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services Division & Center for Biometric Excellence. Not sure if either of these matter in this investigation, but I imagine there is a speciality provided by a WV group they wanted to benefit from.

Bringing over from end of last thread....about M & K calling J at 2:30 am. Many feel they would have absolutely called 911 if scared. Other thoughts:

Just 2 thoughts.....
#1-WE might always call 911...but who did the surviving roommates call FIRST? When you're that age and freaked out...chances are you're calling mom/dad....or if at 2:00 am....probably a friend first And MOO is that it's very possible M had already crashed out....so K made a few calls from M's number to see if she'd get a response

#2 - I'd" say there are 2 main categories of "911-dialers".....some people feel fairly comfortable doing it and have in several instances over their lifetime. Lots of people are NERVOUS about it (like: I don't want to bother them....it's probably just my imagination....some feel they may potentially make a situation worse by involving the police (ie. getting a friend or family member in trouble....and they want advice/guidance/reassurance on what to do. This DOES track with they way K's sister A described that K would often call just to ask....what should I eat today?

Side note: I'm a daughter of a 30yr police SGT in Chicago. I was home alone in my first house...and someone came to the door selling something (some product, whatever) and it was pitch dark outside. Was trying to be polite, like, Yeah, I'll check with my husband....guy says: Oh I can wait, why don't you go ask him.....No, he's asleep right now (didn't want to admit I was alone)....Then I get him to leave....and realize there's no car in my driveway or in front of the house.....WEIRD....how did he get here? Got a very creepy vibe and was SCARED as he walked across my lawn to....who knows where? But instead of 911 (cause I thought I'd sound like a silly 25 year old) - I called my dad. He was not too happy...."Hang up with me and call 911 - it's not silly, it's THEIR JOB!!" Never happened again, but I needed a push to do it.
Possibly had kids in their house that made them uncomfortable and wouldn’t take a hint to leave?

WV is home to FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services Division & Center for Biometric Excellence. Not sure if either of these matter in this investigation, but I imagine there is a speciality provided by a WV group they wanted to benefit from.
Thank you. I did see that, just most cases I see go to Quantico so I wondered. Every resource helps so why not I guess.

I think over a 26 minute period, they would have tried to call someone else if that was the case. It really makes no sense to only call J if they were concerned about something. IMO, they would have tried to call the other 4 roommates in the house, other friends, neighbors, family, 911, etc.
I feel like if we knew what the calls were about, we’d have a pretty good idea of what’s going on here.

Usually when LE says a person is "down", they stay down.
I woke up to my local scanner alerting to emergency air traffic in Pullman last night, thousands of people were listening but this is the first post I've found with exception to the small local news release that you must have also read referencing "down" what happened!? And is it possibly involved with the Moscow case? I'm freaking local and swear we can't get any more information around here than anyone else in the world, often far less!! I get info here than NO ONE in town has heard yet. I'm only 27 miles from Moscow. This is stupid. Are our kids safe at college in our own towns or not?!

From your link:

The mother of one of four Idaho college students killed last month said Tuesday that authorities didn’t notify her before they asked the public for information about a white sedan, a car police have described as a potentially critical clue.
A lawyer for Goncalves, Shanon Gray, faulted Moscow police..
The families "should be prepared to be able to answer any questions about those things,” Gray said.

A police spokesman forwarded an email including the release that was sent to Gray at 2:24 p.m. Dec. 7. The spokesman, Robbie Johnson, said the email was an example of a message aimed at keeping the Goncalves family informed.

Goncalves also criticized Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt..
She said Mabbutt asked her daughter: "Are you sure you want to know this? And my daughter, thinking that she did for whatever reason, said yes."
“[she] gave details to the families about the investigation and about the crime scene and things like that" he said.
Such details shouldn't have been given to the teenager, he said, adding that they probably shouldn't have been given to her parents, either.

Incredibly important especially if the driver never comes forward.
Honestly, knowing the area and work schedules of local manufacturing plants I fear the car is a dead-end of someone in a hurry to get to work for a 4 am shift or a commuter to one of the other local communities that have shifts starting between 4:30-6. BUT!!!! I'm a commuter, if they had asked for my vehicle, regardless if my make and model in that window I would have been first on the phone to tell them exactly where I was, if I saw anyone, any vehicles, saw anyone on foot, anything to help. This person has not....but it's a college town, 20 year old's aren't as bright as they used too, it may not strike them as important and not their business.

Incredibly important especially if the driver never comes forward.
If the driver of that particular white Hyundai is the killer than you can bet with 100 % certainty he’s been getting an kick out of every new story, news article, and even message board dedicated to this crime. Killers love to follow their own crimes very closely and they get a thrill the more it’s talked about.

Also if the killer or killers are the one in that particular white Hyundai they won’t be coming forward voluntarily.

Considering it has been 8 or 9 days since the bulletin about a white Hyundai near the crime scene has been released asking this person or person to come forward and they haven’t. If that doesn’t cause you to see that as suspicious than what will??

Last edited:
From your link:

The mother of one of four Idaho college students killed last month said Tuesday that authorities didn’t notify her before they asked the public for information about a white sedan, a car police have described as a potentially critical clue.
The families "should be prepared to be able to answer any questions about those things,” Gray said.

A police spokesman forwarded an email including the release that was sent to Gray at 2:24 p.m. Dec. 7. The spokesman, Robbie Johnson, said the email was an example of a message aimed at keeping the Goncalves family informed.

She said Mabbutt asked her daughter: "Are you sure you want to know this? And my daughter, thinking that she did for whatever reason, said yes."
“[she] gave details to the families about the investigation and about the crime scene and things like that" he said.
Such details shouldn't have been given to the teenager, he said, adding that they probably shouldn't have been given to her parents, either.
BBM

But then you occasionally have victims families saying they want the info. Nothing LE does in these types of situations will be good enough. JMO

If the driver of that particular white Hyundai is the killer than you can bet he’s be watching every new story, news article, and even message board dedicated to this crime. Killers love to follow their own crimes very closely.

Also if the killer or killers are the one in that particular white Hyundai they won’t be coming forward voluntarily.

Considering it has been 8 or 9 days since the bulletin about a white Hyundai near the crime scene has been released asking this person or person to come forward and they haven’t. If that doesn’t cause you to see that as suspicious than what will??
Hence why the police chose it as one of the few things to release it to the public. It’s a win regardless of what happens or doesn’t happen.

From your link:

LE is caught between a rock and a hard place. They want to keep the parents informed, but they can't really trust the family to keep it a secret.

BBM

But then you occasionally have victims families saying they want the info. Nothing LE does in these types of situations will be good enough. JMO

agree

also from the same link attached

answer what type of questions about the white car appeal & questions from whom?

Not sure if 100 pc fact, but the light on the side of the apartment building right next to the house was apparently found to not have been working around the time of the incident , which rendered the side lane between the apartment and the house that leads to the car park at the back and the trees lining the back of the house was apparently in pitch dark that night, very useful to wait right next to if thats what happened. Lucky coincidence re the light ?

Since the back of the house is just a cul de sac , looks like the only approach to the house is from the front side though even if circling over to the sides or back for eventual entry , if that makes sense ? walking up the stairs that lead to the house from taylor avenue (parking in a dark spot somewhere nearby )seem the likeliest chosen route then as a car pulling up to the cul de sac zone would be too risky ? Do my conclusions seem right ?

IMO .. Looking at google maps it looks like you can drive to behind the house then enter the apartment parking area and exit on to Linda Ln but hard to tell for sure as trees obstruct view

And this, too:
Sensational headline and article, but four weeks into a case like this, with tips still coming in daily, it is far too soon to suggest this will be America's next cold case. The 54% clearance rate for homicides is a number than is largely skewed by gun violence, which, common sense will tell you, normally leaves far, far less forensic evidence than the up-close, body-to-body violence of four victims being stabbed multiple times, in one contained location.

I know it seems to be the thing to do now, to throw shade at LE for actions or perceived inactions taken in this case, but I do not believe that they are nearly as clueless as this article wants to paint them, and I remain confident that this investigation will ultimately result in one or more arrests, and successful prosecution. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member