ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could have been from UberEats and delivered. If I remember correctly it had one if the victims' names written on the bag. Would they do that for drive thru food?
Never had drive-thru*. But the only chain I've ever ordered to-go from (SBux) had my name on the label. I can't guess what a particular Jack in the Box does with their food.
*I'm in NYC. It's not a thing here.

There's a white sedan in the police bodycam. Looks like it was dropping off one of the kids who ended up talking to the officer. Possible that's the car that was on video. Maybe turned around therefore facing east (as it was on the video)

0:42 Interviewer: this body cam image and the white car is this the white car investigators are looking for?

0:48 Fry: so the body cam image that is out there from an officer who was on a call with an alcohol offense does have a white vehicle in it, this is not the vehicle we are looking for so we want to clear that up with the news media.

I was referring to the actual Moscow PD media release that stated:
“Detectives are seeking all outside surveillance video taken from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Sunday, November 13, 2022, from businesses and residences within the geographical area listed below. Detectives request all available videos – whether there appears to be motion and content or not.
• West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
• West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
To streamline media inquiries and requests, please send them to
• Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
• Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)”

Here’s the full link:
The very next paragraph explains that MPD is searching for additional video:
Additionally, detectives seek additional tips and surveillance video of any observed suspicious behavior on the night of November 12th into the early hours of November 13th while Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen were in downtown Moscow and when Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were at the Sigma Chi house. Anyone who observed suspicious behavior near these areas or has video surveillance are asked to submit their tips.

I wonder if it was picked up on that Ring camera that saw the girls come home? Sloppy yes, but maybe it was seen earlier in the night driving by a few times so it peaked LE’s interest. Just throwing out ideas, and then it was picked up later in the important hours? Idk.
BBM

I wondered that too. And also whether the G family even thought to go back & check themselves.

I get a weird vibe from this interview… not sure if it’s just this guy trying to get his 15 minutes or what. Seems strange that the girls would bring a stalker issue up to this essential stranger and odd that he brings up the Corner Club where it’s widely known they were that night. Anyone else?
YES!

That’s the Car they seek.

I thought they had to have it on
camera to know the year series and color with certainty. Further, I thought the wheel caps gave away the year series and that they likely had a side view on the Cam or Cams, which also explained the lack of a plate number.

This is the same car - and I think they probably got it on other Cams.

MOO.

From your link:

Investigators told Francetich they planned to run the video through "their special analysis tools."
It's unclear if the white car in Francetich's footage is the same Hyundai Elantra police are trying to track down.
"Investigators are looking at it along with other things we’ve received from the public," Moscow police spokeswoman Robbie Johnson told Fox News Digital.

He [Francetich, the business owner] suspects this may have been the "third-party driver" who dropped Goncalves and Mogen off before the slayings.

I was referring to the actual Moscow PD media release that stated:
“Detectives are seeking all outside surveillance video taken from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Sunday, November 13, 2022, from businesses and residences within the geographical area listed below. Detectives request all available videos – whether there appears to be motion and content or not.
• West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
• West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
To streamline media inquiries and requests, please send them to
• Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
• Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)”

Here’s the full link:
The specific area identified by police does not include the Mobil gas station where the CCTV at 3:45 AM includes a white car, but it does make a broader request for all footage on the night of Nov 12-13 in the downtown and frat part vicinity.

1671161936651.png

1671162022955.png

Two thoughts crossed my mind with this post… First, they are on the border of a state line, so I would imagine they have multi state investigating there. The other is that the Greek frats and sororities are national. I wonder if any info from other colleges in other states has any relation to the case.
Washington State has a Sigma Chi chapter (I checked this a few weeks ago).

I wonder if it was picked up on that Ring camera that saw the girls come home? Sloppy yes, but maybe it was seen earlier in the night driving by a few times so it peaked LE’s interest. Just throwing out ideas, and then it was picked up later in the important hours? Idk.
I suspect the White Elantra was picked up on more than one Cam. It was also seen IMO 10-15 mins before or after 3:00 am on Taylor Ave. I think the time is off and they gave a range of 2:45 to 3:15 am. Taylor is not the immediate area of the house, so I think it was caught on another CAM at or close to the Murder house.

MOO.

Washington State has a Sigma Chi chapter (I checked this a few weeks ago).
And that’s another rabbit hole to go down into. my own feeling is, it will be interesting to see what information is true, the information that people right now think is totally bonkers. my own feeling is some of the information is spot on. but that’s just me.

I get a weird vibe from this interview… not sure if it’s just this guy trying to get his 15 minutes or what. Seems strange that the girls would bring a stalker issue up to this essential stranger and odd that he brings up the Corner Club where it’s widely known they were that night. Anyone else?
Big ol' grain of salt from me.

I can’t tell what the girls said, kaylee said or were his own interpretations from that interview.

LEO must be going crazy with Mr. Goncalves.

I have noticed with many cases on WS, that LEO is very quiet about some cases. No arrests are made until the investigation is complete. I remember being SO frustrated with one case! I thought LEO was letting the guy go free. Nope! The arrest was made...with little to no details released even now.
In my experience dealing with LE covering crime as a reporter, it takes just one case in which a police department got burned during a trial then it closes up forever in the future. A defense attorney uses a comment LE made to the media during the investigation and uses it at trial to the detriment of the prosecution's case and everyone is furious LE.

From your link:

Investigators told Francetich they planned to run the video through "their special analysis tools."
It's unclear if the white car in Francetich's footage is the same Hyundai Elantra police are trying to track down.
"Investigators are looking at it along with other things we’ve received from the public," Moscow police spokeswoman Robbie Johnson told Fox News Digital.

He [Francetich, the business owner] suspects this may have been the "third-party driver" who dropped Goncalves and Mogen off before the slayings.

NO. That was another car he saw come & go. Different time.

“Francetich said he also noticed what looked like a sedan traveling west toward 1122 King Road at around 1:45 a.m. then head back toward the highway a few minutes later. “

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth