ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not understanding why some people are so befuddled that the owner of the car or even the car itself has yet to be identified.

MOO...

Even if the police have interviewed the owner of the car and even if that person was involved in the murders.

If that person simply claimed they were asleep during the murders and the police have no evidence to dispute that claim, there is little they can say about it. At most, it will be chalked up as an unsubstantiated alibi. It is however an alibi and as much as people may not like it, the burden of proof rests on the government, not the accused.

Good. I suspect any / all cameras will show him moving fast.
let's hope he hit the light and had to wait. I've watched it. imo it' pretty well lit, but tough to get a license plate between glare and angles. IMO but idk.

Sounds like a scream to me other people might think it sounds like screeching tires. Either way it is astounding to think the police were at the band field when people were possibly losing their lives.

I find the timing of the murders so curious. The victims didn’t go to sleep right away upon returning home (phone calls to ex boyfriend). How did killer know everyone would be asleep & in bed? Perhaps watching waiting for all lights to turn off? Or hiding in the house? Did he just get lucky?

Not only that, but the suspect has to carefully dress in his hazmat suit, sharpen his knife, find his gloves, and tie Wal-Mart bags around his feet. This crime requires a bit more time and preplanning rather than a hurried, split second decision.
just imo, there are much better alternatives to hazmat suit and Walmart bags (not snark, btw, in car it's interpreted that way), but I agree this was not a split-second decision imo.

I'm not understanding why some people are so befuddled that the owner of the car or even the car itself has yet to be identified.

MOO...

Even if the police have interviewed the owner of the car and even if that person was involved in the murders.

If that person simply claimed they were asleep during the murders and the police have no evidence to dispute that claim, there is little they can say about it. At most, it will be chalked up as an unsubstantiated alibi. It is however an alibi and as much as people may not like it, the burden of proof rests on the government, not the accused.
true but an unsubstantiated alibi and the right car could at least prompt LE to inquire more, and dig in that direction. the burden of proof does rest on the gov't, but the FBI and LE can pull at a lot of loose threads, once they know where to start. I'd be happy if they had gotten as far as interviewing an owner with an unsubstantiated alibi and this is all imo.

I find the timing of the murders so curious. The victims didn’t go to sleep right away upon returning home (phone calls to ex boyfriend). How did killer know everyone would be asleep & in bed? Perhaps watching waiting for all lights to turn off? Or hiding in the house? Did he just get lucky?
I think it was all prepared well in advance, especially bringing in such a weapon to kill. I think perp could have hid inside house, and when all lights were out, and no sounds coming from rooms, perp struck. Also, with the alcohol intake, the victims probably fell asleep fast.

Depending on who is reliable regarding g the screams— 3:15 until 4:00 is too long a time for anything to go on, correct? So, someone should be off, wrong, lying etc.

In this day and age, in a populated area, it’s difficult to go without being caught on a camera, somewhere. I’m talking specifically about the vehicle and traffic cams.

So, thinking more about the car, I’m going to gueeeeesssssss they’ve nailed down the owner (wait, but that wouldn’t go along with the article about going through 22,0000 registrations (or whatever the number was)..)

Point is, and we’ve said it before soooo many other cases, maybe they DO know EXACTLY who that car belongs to, and they’re just building their case and want tips from the public to further support their case.

Or not.

I see all the footage and all the windows from other buildings that look to the house and it seems overwhelmingly noteworthy. But obviously LE would be checking every single neighbor. I still wonder though, did someone watch them from their own house. Maybe they zoom in from a little further away.

Again, LE would be checking all neighbors, but what if this person doesn’t raise alarm bells, like Richard Allen in Abby’s and Libby’s case for example. If someone acts normal upon a canvas, has no criminal record, etc., then unless LE gets a spidey-sense....or maybe they’re approaching it as every single person who’s a neighbor is a suspect unless an alibi can be confirmed, so maybe they’re approaching it that way, which is probably more likely.

I’m repeating myself, but every single time I see all the windows looking at that house it really makes me wonder.
It might not raise alarm bells, yeah.

I kind of feel like this person may have an arrest record for breaking and entering. So how about this idea: It could be a frequent visitor of one of the neighbors! He has seen in the windows many times, but he doesn't actually live there. Maybe he was in the neighborhood that night.

That would help explain why he probably went by car, I think? A neighbor would probably walk.

Moo. Just a thought!

Depending on who is reliable regarding g the screams— 3:15 until 4:00 is too long a time for anything to go on, correct? So, someone should be off, wrong, lying etc.
That’s the problem. Originally the neighbor was quoted as saying, he didn’t hear anything then later on he said he thought he heard a scream around 4 AM. Who knows maybe it was somebody getting sick in the bushes.

It might not raise alarm bells, yeah.

I kind of feel like this person may have an arrest record for breaking and entering. So how about this idea: It could be a frequent visitor of one of the neighbors! He has seen in the windows many times, but he doesn't actually live there. Maybe he was in the neighborhood that night.

That would help explain why he probably went by car, I think? A neighbor would probably walk.

Moo. Just a thought!

YES!!! Absolutely. B & E.

I definitely think he could have a record of this. In fact, it’s been discussed in other cases how so often these perps have B & E records, sometimes even in cases that seem very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29