ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes IMO killer lived close by and possibly walked to house

Ok, so why the Elantra then? Sure, could be a witness, but....

That’s what I was just trying to talk out loud above lol.

Eta ref
Ok, so a neighbor wouldn’t need a vehicle, and if the car was regularly parked in the vicinity, LE would know by now, presumably (al though I mentioned two previous cases upstream where it turned out the vehicle was parked right there In the driveway closeby and it didn’t lead to an arrest).

So IF a neighbor, maybe he borrowed a family member’s car because he (or doubtfully but possibly she) wanted a quick getaway and opportunity to clean up away from people.

Sounds like I’m reaching, but just thinking out loud about the neighbor theory.

My point is I just ruled out the neighbor theory based on the presence of a vehicle, but maaaybe not so necessarily. Idk...snip

Last edited:
I find it strange the way the Moscow Police have worded the info re: license plate on the sought after white 2011-2013 hyundai elantra: “unknown license plate”. Was it an Idaho plate or out of state? Or is that also unknown? They have not clarified that one way or the other.

I’m grateful that LE let us know there was no evidence of SA. That helps to know, unlike in some cases like Abby’s and Libby’s where they don’t say anything and we can’t rule that motive out for five plus years.

Of course that’s another question in itself, how reliable is that testing, what constitutes SA, etc. But taking that at face value, what LE says, that there’s no SA...

This is what leads to possible motive simply possibly being “desire to kill.”

My first guess on motive was SA. So with that being put aside...

I’m thinking incel type, rejected, younger, possibly video games and *advertiser censored* all day JMO

Eta:
Maybe in his mind He could never have such beautiful girls...
If the murders were motivated by extreme anger and hatred about rejection by one of the girls, then I can see it being an incel type. Murderer probably thought he was better looking than the girls' boyfriends, more intelligent, more athletic. Maybe someone who knew K and J were split up and tried to take advantage of that opening but was rebuffed.

Also consider that someone who is popular, athletic, maybe on a sports team, possibly hyped up on overuse of anabolic steroids gets rejected and maybe goes into 'roid rage. In the case of Sally and Ray McNeil, married professional body builders, both were overusing steroids. He was abusive to her and she ended up killing him.

I think the motive is thrill/homicidal ideation and he's young. I don't think he left any DNA or footprints. I think the car is a red herring because he came on foot. He may brag about the murders to his friends which will lead to his downfall. JMO.

The downstairs roommates were in seperate bedrooms, correct? It’s interesting that both heard something from different rooms.

If the perp heard movement from down there, that might explain him exiting ASAP.

I'm not seeing jealous rage or vengeance. I see a sacrifice... human sacrifice. This reminds me of the Manson Family murders without the drugs. I see a mission...in the religious sense. I still believe it's one of those crazy religious cults that wishes they could cleanse the world of what they believe are ungodly women. Knowing they can't, they target a house full of young, vibrant women they see as profligate. They leave their mark, not for the world to know but so they can feel they are engaged in god's war. Moscow has these sorts of people.

Ok, so why the Elantra then? Sure, could be a witness, but....

That’s what I was just trying to talk out loud above lol.

Eta ref

I really don’t think they’re occupying all these man hours and effort for a car that drove by.

Chief is saying - we’re confident the occupant or occupants of this car have information that is crucial to this case.

And in another release, they say the car was seen in the immediate area of the house in the early morning hours of Nov. 13th.

I think the witness option has sailed.

MOO.

In regards to what OtisC said about not victim blaming, but the what, where and when of each victim being important is so true. How these poor souls ended up on the killers radar is one important issue. As organized as this seems, it likely wasn’t THAT night. Something may have brought it to a head that night, but this person had a plan that at a minimum has delayed their fate for a month. MOO

Last edited:
If the murders were motivated by extreme anger and hatred about rejection by one of the girls, then I can see it being an incel type. Murderer probably thought he was better looking than the girls' boyfriends, more intelligent, more athletic. Maybe someone who knew K and J were split up and tried to take advantage of that opening but was rebuffed.

Also consider that someone who is popular, athletic, maybe on a sports team, possibly hyped up on overuse of anabolic steroids gets rejected and maybe goes into 'roid rage. In the case of Sally and Ray McNeil, married professional body builders, both were overusing steroids. He was abusive to her and she ended up killing him.

I'm not seeing jealous rage or vengeance. I see a sacrifice... human sacrifice. This reminds me of the Manson Family murders without the drugs. I see a mission...in the religious sense. I still believe it's one of those crazy religious cults that wishes they could cleanse the world of what they believe are ungodly women. Knowing they can't, they target a house full of young, vibrant women they see as profligate. They leave their mark, not for the world to know but so they can feel they are engaged in god's war. Moscow has these sorts of people.

Today’s gangs are more interested in white collar crime than they were even just a few years ago. Identity theft is one of their specialties now. Whoever did this may be in a gang or have purchased a stolen identity. I don’t think it’s very traceable, unfortunately.
I don't think this was anything to do with a gang, but good point on identify theft. still, IMO the way to go is to launder money through prepaid debit cards. I wonder if those can be used to pay for rental cars from the off-book car rentals?

I don’t think this car is stolen because someone would have rang by now to report it stolen, and police would know the number plates. I still think this is someone known to the victims and they were familiar with the layout of the house, bedrooms etc and probably been in there at some parties. I have a feeling the killer is closer, not too far away and mixing like normal with everyone else. Those who know him may think he’d never hurt a fly.

Could you cite your source on this please?

Two roommates were home at the time of the killings, police have said. The roommates heard something, according to Chapin’s mother, Stacy, though she did not get into details.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

It is very strange how nothing is ever mentioned about exactly where E and X were that night (other than that they were at the frat party). I really have a feeling that LE knows exactly where they were and what happened because they do not seem to be begging the public for tips regarding that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don’t think they’re occupying all these man hours and effort for a car that drove by.

Chief is saying - we’re confident the occupant or occupants of this car have information that is crucial to this case.

And in another release, they say the car was seen in the immediate area of the house in the early morning hours of Nov. 13th.

I think the witness option has sailed.

MOO.

For suuuure, jmo

I think the motive is thrill/homicidal ideation and he's young. I don't think he left any DNA or footprints. I think the car is a red herring because he came on foot. He may brag about the murders to his friends which will lead to his downfall. JMO.

Law enforcement aren't in the business of red herrings. Announcing a car of interest like that and then arresting a neighbor gives the defense attorney all kinds of ammunition. They simply wouldn't do that.

My opinion.

YES!!! Absolutely. B & E.

I definitely think he could have a record of this. In fact, it’s been discussed in other cases how so often these perps have B & E records, sometimes even in cases that seem very different.
IMO. The killer was very sneaky. It's all about getting away with something that drives their ego. The killer probably gets away with a lot of other tiny things like: blowing thru stop signs, unpaid taxes, cheating on exams, traffic citations etc. Nobody calls him out and people always cover for him. Recreational drug user, gambling,likes alcohol. He likes that adrenaline rush. Possibly a kleptomaniac, robber etc. It's all about what he can get away with which likely includes conning other people, Jekyll and Hyde persona, " duping delight". It's more of a character issue than an actual personality disorder. He loves pulling one over on other people because he's not attached to anyone. He is a smooth talker, disaffected about society and could care less especially about other people. He probably is emotionally immature and likes to snicker behind people's back. Thinks he is a big man- he's the boss- " I showed those college kids" An insidious viper of sorts IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric