DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully...
Idaho is a one party state:
Section 18-6702 – Idaho State Legislature

Here is some info on expectation of privacy
and SCOTUS case law:

IMHO what I wrote originally applies both at a state level and law of the land.
I did reply, but unfortunately, my response was counted as snarky and deleted. I apologize if you took it that way. I didn't mean to be snarky at all. My response is that I see the miscommunication - I think we were addressing two different parts of the issue. As you know, one court case does not an argument make, and we'd have to have all the facts before we could really throw down :) (again, joking, no snark intended). That Idaho is a one-party consent state is ... sigh... disappointing.

of course, re the expectation of privacy, while SCOTUS is the legal ruling that interprets the law and applies that to all states, it is the floor, not the ceiling, and greater protections can be added to that by the individual states. An excellent example, as you probably know, is the 4th amendment rights - those apply to everyone (the minimum), but states like WA and CA have codified higher protections in their state constitutions. here's WA's
In Idaho, no add'l in their state constitution, so they're solid 4A.
It's the reason that if I were the killer, I'd pop over to WA asap. No roadblocks/dui checks allowed. They violate Const. art. I, §7 because the checkpoints lack particularized and individualized suspicion of criminal activity. City of Seattle v. Mesiani, 110 Wn.2d 454, 457-58, 755 P.2d 775 (1988); In re Nichols, 171 Wn.2d 370, ¶ 16, 256 P.3d 1131 (2011). City of Seattle v. Mesiani

Last edited:
The Linda Lane capture of the Elantra - poses problems

- for the hiding inside waiting theory
- the waiting in the bush theory

This confuses me as to whether the person knew the occupants were home by other means other than visual sightings. Following on social media??

Meaning they are not hiding in bushland before the occupants got home.

Maybe they did observe them at other times and knew the layout and who was in each bedroom.

But to drive into the area after they were all home - how did they know??? MOO
IMO accomplice perhaps

I find it strange the way the Moscow Police have worded the info re: license plate on the sought after white 2011-2013 hyundai elantra: “unknown license plate”. Was it an Idaho plate or out of state? Or is that also unknown? They have not clarified that one way or the other.
To me, this was an intentional omission. Either they don't know, or they know but don't want that to filter out possible vehicles, because plates can be changed easily.

I don't believe LE has said how they know X & E arrived home at the time they are saying. It could have very well been the same camera, but I don't think they have acknowledge that.
Their statement isn't definitive. I believe they use the words "are believed to have arrived home by..."

Also, I would think that a perp who methodically plans out a crime like this might have prepped his vehicle by covering seat in and floor in advance with a liner he would later trash or burn.
I would think he'd be smart enough to know better. all it takes is a little. Ted Bundy thought the VW was clean, too, and that was before all the high tech search tools were available.

i did that site aswel out of curiosity and nothing for me popped up, oddly. Is it because my IG/fbook are private? A bunch of guys who have similar features otherwise.
probably. you're lucky. Even if your stuff is locked down, you can usually count on a friend to have theirs open, and you tagged, and bingo. And once you do that, you friend them, esp if they have. large following, and then you're really in.

One thought I haven't heard theorized re: Murphy is that he could have been put into the 3rd floor bathroom by K, especially if he had any recent "accidents" in the bedroom. It would be easy to throw down a pee pad in the shower and enclose him there for the night. We know from LE that he was found in a room where the murders did not occur. To me, it makes a lot more sense for him to be in a small room like a bathroom or closet than in a bedroom. I do wonder if the perp fed Murphy something drugged to cause him to sleep for hours.

I've theorized that the perp might be an outdoorsman. This would help explain familiarity with and possession of the knife, ability to escape undetected on foot and travel a safe distance in the dark and cold conditions, ability to stalk and track habits and behavior of victims. In addition to this, I wonder if the perp could have set up an outdoor "trail cam" up in a tree aimed at the back of the house. Any hunter in the area would be familiar with these, and it could provide footage of what was happening indoors.

Welp, just for the record I’m going to state that I’ve been following this case for a month, have dove into every piece of information available about the murders , the victims , etc. and….

I can confidently say that have zero theories about who did this or why.

Anyone else ?!?!

I've theorized that the perp might be an outdoorsman. This would help explain familiarity with and possession of the knife, ability to escape undetected on foot and travel a safe distance in the dark and cold conditions, ability to stalk and track habits and behavior of victims. In addition to this, I wonder if the perp could have set up an outdoor "trail cam" up in a tree aimed at the back of the house. Any hunter in the area would be familiar with these, and it could provide footage of what was happening indoors.
my theory is that he'd 'visited' the house previously (read: done a B&E or two to make himself at home) and left some well-placed cameras for his own viewing pleasure, then took them when he finished the deed. If he's into watching, he might have even been able to record the murders, but that's evidence he probably doesn't want to hold onto imo.

There are many videos on YouTube and on the internet that speculate about a trail cam, that has been speculated on for a while.

Welp, just for the record I’m going to state that I’ve been following this case for a month, have dove into every piece of information available about the murders , the victims , etc. and….

I can confidently say that have zero theories about who did this or why.

Anyone else ?!?!
I have theories and a profile, but it's all imo and my imagination added. I hope LE is on a trail...

I think LE knows who has a car like that but they cannot find it at the moment. JM2 I feel that's why they are asking for the public's help but trying to remain tight-lipped at the same time. JM2
Moo, I agree. We have to conjecture that LE knows more about the car and it’s owner- they have provided full details of the vehicle color, make and model, it’s oddly specific without providing surveillance video evidence. Perhaps they have an inkling of who may have had a similar car within the community or the victims circle of acquaintances barring a random serial killer theory. The car probably contains evidence of some sort (victims DNA) if we believe that it was the getaway vehicle.

LE comments:
“"Even though there's sometimes a fascination with the particular case, some people simply don't see the news and may not know that we're looking for it," Moscow Police Capt. Roger Lanier said in a video posted to YouTube Thursday. "Maybe your neighbor has one in the garage that they don't drive very often, and maybe there's one that's just not on the registration database: Let us know."”

So this car is missing and they want it.

They also appeared to be piecing together the starting point of the car destination from November 12 to 13. The crime happened in the wee hours of November 13.

I have not seen an update from LE regarding new footprint all the way to Troy ID which is 24 Miles from Moscow. News network however have reported that the investigations were expanded outside of Moscow. Again, LE hasn’t confirmed nor deny but this was what journalists in the field such as FoxNews are reporting.

Last edited:

Intro:
AB: “Towns 24 miles away...Troy...”

* Magic number is 22 - 28 ish miles, I’ve mentioned in other cases, fwiw, but this usually references disposal. Just stood out.

Eta: I think we can say we are in the “geographic profiling” phase of this investigation.

Last edited:
LE reaching out to Kendrick and Troy, ID - these are very small towns (a few hundred people each, links below). So is the killer just passing through and buying gas, leading LE on a wild goose chase intentionally, or from one of these towns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric