ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM

A cabin, possibly owned by a friend or relative.

JMVHO.
I wonder. He had to go somewhere to clean up. Even if fully covered and changed, he had to do a full clean up and inspection of himself after and his car.

I hope LE is looking at water sources out in those directions. Public camping hoses, rivers, etc.

The what, where, and when of each victim, for the past months, weeks, days, and hours could be relevant to better understanding the context of the crimes including the identity of the murderer.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

As a mom with an 18 yr old daughter, If my daughter was murdered, any info that would help catch him would be relevant. She and I have discussions about choices that can put women at higher risk for foul play from a man.
Pointing out what K and M did helps to understand the claims of what the perp may have done. It is not a judgement of the victim’s actions, or character.
JMO

RIP E, X, M, and K
May Justice come quick and sure for the perp

Welcome! :)

It depends who the target it was. Let's say it was K and someone obsessed/fantasized about doing this for a year or two or longer and planned this in their spare time (literally I think if someone was obsessed it was a daily occupation in their mind) - this may have been their only chance to act on it. Very risky, but maybe this person was at a point where they didn't care anymore and were compelled to act on it. MOO, JMO and hypothesizing...
Right. Yes. Potentially. But if "planned" they likely would have done it before she left. Maybe they wanted to. Felt they lost their opportunity. And then saw she was back. Unlikely to have planned for some time, your victim moved before you acted, and then they happened to be back, and you suddenly busted out an old plan. Possible. But seems, to me, unlikely. (But I have no strong theory here! IMO, anything is possible! That combination of plan + unexpected visitors is just hard for me to reconcile.)

There is a white car spotted approx a day after the murders driving up at the 1:50 mark and then back down at 3:00. Zoom in, is it the Elantra?
Wow, good catch!! I watched it a couple times, that white car sure has the same shape as an Elantra. Interesting that it appears to return so soon, it is seen driving one way and then a very short time later it returns heading back the other direction.

So Troy and Kendrick... what are they known for? Hiking, fishing?

Perhaps the perp was just driving to where he knew was rural, dark, quiet and with a water source possibly to clean up and dispose. Or maybe he's been hiking or fishing around there. Posters mentioned the Latah Trail, do Moscow people head out there for trail walks?

Right. Yes. Potentially. But if "planned" they likely would have done it before she left. Maybe they wanted to. Felt they lost their opportunity. And then saw she was back. Unlikely to have planned for some time, your victim moved before you acted, and then they happened to be back, and you suddenly busted out an old plan. Possible. But seems, to me, unlikely. (But I have no strong theory here! IMO, anything is possible! That combination of plan + unexpected visitors is just hard for me to reconcile.)
I get ya, but I don't mean a plan at that particular house with those particular friends around necessarily... but still a plan "if" they ever got the guts to do it.

So JMO and hypothetical:

Thinking long and hard about a weapon. Can't get a gun and a gun is too loud, ok use a knife.
How they would do it with said weapon (might fantasize about actual murder and where to wound and if would be fast or slow)...
Plan how to get her alone... try to meet as a friendly gesture, meet somewhere private, kidnap in public, abduction from home, drug her, etc.
And maybe had a kill bag/kit with other weapons "just in case"
Then, where would he go after to clean up and rid of evidence..

MOO, I think some killers do fantasize about creepy details and when they get the chance they strike.

I wonder. He had to go somewhere to clean up. Even if fully covered and changed, he had to do a full clean up and inspection of himself after and his car.

I hope LE is looking at water sources out in those directions. Public camping hoses, rivers, etc.
I've thought about cleaning up too, the car I have no idea but I'd guess wood burning stoves are in a lot of houses there, and to add to the cabin idea I'd expect a wood stove to be there. Douglass Fir up there, get an older stove rip roaring hot and I bet it could turn clothing into ashes. Worst case scenario if the lodging did not have water the perp could even use snow to wash face/hands.

Could the car be as easy for the perp to use the protective plastic I've had on my vehicles being serviced, or even trash bags on seat, floor, and steering wheel and shifter then burning that plastic?

My biggest fear is if this case doesn't get solved soon, or at least some kind of positive movement, it will start to fade away. Not from the sleuthing community, but the mainstream media, social media and the general public. They will move on to the next big story.
I don’t care if mainstream media loses interest as long as LE continues working on it as hard as they can. And they will, with or wirhout the media attention.

jmo

I'm a bit behind on reading but really hope there has been no suggestion that stalking is somehow flattering or favorable in some way.

It's terrifying and dangerous.
watch dr.phil, season 21, episode 65. dr. phil openly annoyed w/mpd, due to dismissing murdered dog, as not connected. dr. phil and dr. casey jordan both leaned heavily toward serial killer with past murders. goncalves first and most violent attack, dna passed to subsequent victims, due to same weapon being used.
have followed serial killers since bundy in 70's. read about israel keyes. went to multiple states, chose secluded/vulnerable houses. he kept kill kits in different states.
mpd trying hard, but way in over their head.

As a mom with an 18 yr old daughter, If my daughter was murdered, any info that would help catch him would be relevant. She and I have discussions about choices that can put women at higher risk for foul play from a man.
Pointing out what K and M did helps to understand the claims of what the perp may have done. It is not a judgement of the victim’s actions, or character.
JMO

RIP E, X, M, and K
May Justice come quick and sure for the perp
You are right. Teaching besutidul young girls street smarts can save their lives. Ironically these girls did travel in pairs, etc.

Someone teach me how to link these two articles please?
NY Daily News and Daily Mail both have articles about the police bodycam recording what sounds like it could be a scream at 315. Thanks.

Someone teach me how to link these two articles please?
NY Daily News and Daily Mail both have articles about the police bodycam recording what sounds like it could be a scream at 315. Thanks.
copy and paste the web address into the dialogue box here, Except, are Ny Daily news and DM approved sources?

Long time lurker, first time poster.

One thing I can't quite parse. In part this looks potentially well planned - no known blood trail, taken this long with no known suspect, etc. But also K being there was a last minute spontaneous (for her, thus others) addition. (Potentially/likely E staying over too.) I can't reconcile someone planning this out so well along with the likely/potential last minute changes/unknowns of K and E being there that night.
Also, what if the perp chose the day in advance but the students had an all night house party with guests? Neighbors said that the house was unusually quiet that night. Did the perp observe the house on multiple days before they struck? If they were from out of town, maybe that's less likely. Did they see the lights going out in the two occupied bedrooms, considering they likely entered from the opposite (patio) side? Did they wait for everyone to fall asleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234