ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO stabbings are becoming more common. Kind of like mass shootings, jmo. I’ve done some comparison studies on mass shooters in the past, I wonder what a comparison of a mass stabbers might look like. Off the top of my head, some mass stabbings, particularly in Europe, are often terrorist-related, but these are more when they go on a rampage in a public place.

While mass stabbings within a residence may be less common, there is certainly no shortage of cases involving stabbings inside homes on the ID channel. Now that I’m more in tune with this, I’m noticing it more when I watch these shows.

I guess what I’m saying is comparing similar cases may not be as easy as one may think.

The case again that I think comes closest to this situation is Ted Bundy.

Perhaps this perp is a modern-day type of Bundy, but more incel, more similar to a mass shooter, not a personable type.

Or maybe someone like this, younger:

Just kind of thinking out loud, if I had to guess I would say the perp is younger than Bundy, but who knows.

Maybe the killer is a genius after all. He probably stole this '13 Elantra specifically as a kill car.
imo, that wouldn't require genius level. it would require awareness and the ability to google, as well as the expendable funds to buy a car for this purpose. iow a stretch but not impossible IMO.

Maybe the killer is a genius after all. He probably stole this '13 Elantra specifically as a kill car.

If it was stolen, LE would almost certainly know that by now (and the specific car they're looking for). Definitely wouldn't have to pour through 22,000 registrations.

Having said this, it could've been a salvage-destruct only car at a junkyard. Virtually no way to trace one of those once the insurance company dumps it.

My opinion.

I had a friend who never knew she had been stalked until police notified her after another woman was raped and murdered. Her stalking happened five years prior, perp was then about 16 she was around 30. His friend told LE about it. She did not know the teen at the time.
I believe when Kaylee said she had a stalker that she did. Kids are acutely aware of stalking behaviors. I was contacted on Facebook by a guy I went out with once in college, THIRTY YEARS AGO. I did not follow up with him. A week or so later, when I came home, I noticed that my front glass storm door was standing open. I went to it and there was a note in it that he had stopped by to see me. I was freaked out that he knew where I lived. I did not respond. Another week went by, when I turned down onto my street, I could see that my front storm door was standing open again. I didn't even want to go home. I went over to my neighbor's house and was telling her about what was going on. Her 13 year old said, "you need to call the police! You have had a strange man contact you on Facebook, then show up at your house uninvited repeatedly. That's stalking!"

I'll take "Why would a killer choose a 2011-2013 white Hyandai Elantra?" for $1,000.

if I were an organized planner type killer with some tech knowledge, I'd sure look for a low-tech ride.
If they're an informed (set of) criminal(s), they rented with a stolen credit card and blew it up somewhere. The actual owner may not be coming forward because they're not in possession of the car, they reported it stolen, and they have no idea it was used for this crime. Maybe it was even rented in Salt Lake or somewhere off the radar.

If it was stolen, LE would almost certainly know that by now (and the specific car they're looking for). Definitely wouldn't have to pour through 22,000 registrations.

Having said this, it could've been a salvage-destruct only car at a junkyard. Virtually no way to trace one of those once the insurance company dumps it.

My opinion.

spitballing: what if he's had it for quite awhile, specifically for staying under the radar, neighbors/friends don't see it (a la Ted Bundy/Ann Rule/VW) and even has borrowed plates from a junkyard, as you've suggested. maybe a number of different sets. could that work?

The roads they are asking video surveillance from goes right past the Moscow Police Station, on route 95, is that correct?
West Taylor
West Palouse
95 South

If they're an informed (set of) criminal(s), they rented with a stolen credit card and blew it up somewhere. The actual owner may not be coming forward because they're not in possession of the car, they reported it stolen, and they have no idea it was used for this crime. Maybe it was even rented in Salt Lake or somewhere off the radar.
is it that common for a rental company to have 11-12 car old rentals? and wouldn't the criminal would be on video in the business? and wouldn't the business would have already reported to LE the they'd rented an 11-12 yo Elantra? imo so not seeing this as an option. I do agree it could have been a stolen car, but not a rental car and stolen ID.

I know there has been discussion here, periodically, over several threads, inquiring as to whether any of the victims had smart watches. I would be surprised if several or all didn't, but had not seen any visual proof. On a segment of Banfield last night, a gentleman who is a digital forensics tech is interviewed, and several photos of the girls show that at the very least, one victim, Kaylee, did have a smart watch, as she is seen wearing it in several pics. Let's hope that she was wearing it during the brutal invasion and murders, and that it provides some important information for LE. JMO

Incredibly random thought here.

It seems to me that LE is tracking a white Hyundai’s movements as we have learned they have asked for surveillance from
Stores in both Troy and Kendrick.

MOO they should have the plate by now— but in yesterdays press release they stated “ white Hyundai with an unknown plate”

Is there a such thing as a “fake” temporary license plate ? Meaning - the perp probably wouldn’t be so stupid to drive without a plate - as that runs the risk of being pulled over immediately.

However , if he simply created a good fake looking temporary plate that has bs numbers/letters on it. This wouldn’t be a huge red flag for getting pulled over because officers aren’t really looking that close.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening ? Like for the purpose of committing crime/going undetected.

0E48E62D-E988-4363-A7A6-E3C7FAAF440E.jpeg

Rsbm

Even if unrelated that grub hub live video is a dangerous thing. Men with the opportunity to view drunk co-eds in real time..is an incredibly bad idea safety wise. MOO

Rsbm
Even creepier, did you notice that anonymous viewers are buying food for girls? That is a horrible idea.

Sounds like a little exploitation.

Sounds CREEPY!

Omgggg, just seeing a glimpse of all this about the live feed from the Grub Truck!!!!!!!! I wonder if there’s anything to this!!!!

I’ll try to make this really brief and on topic - I actually posted about this years ago somewhere on Websleuths in another case, but basically, yes this actually happened to me, stalked online via a live cam. About 25 years ago in the early days of live cams, I was in New Orleans at a restaurant in the French Quarter, sitting at the bar and eating. The bartender told me I had a phone call. I said, “must be a mistake, nobody knows I’m here...”. The bartender insisted, said the person on the phone described me with my glasses, what I was wearing etc. Confused, I took the phone call, and some man says “I just want you to know I’m watching you eat that sausage”. I hung up, ran back to the bar and asked the bartender “WTH?!!” He pointed to a camera on the wall with a sticker that said “Smile. You’re on NOLA.com”. I was furious, creeped out, ran out of the restaurant, and scared to death and watching my back as I ran back to my hotel.

So, point is, as related to this case, it’s happened before to me, so it’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility. In fact, now that I know this was a live feed, who knoooooooows what kind of creep was watching that, like was watching me that day.

Last edited:
If we are to believe the family's statements about the phone calls that night, K&M were alive and well for over an hour after they returned from the food truck. I don't think their behavior or appearance at the truck has much to do with the crime. Also, while valuable, tips on being street smart wouldn't have saved them from being killed in bed at home. MOO

The roads they are asking video surveillance from goes right past the Moscow Police Station, on route 95, is that correct?
West Taylor
West Palouse
95 South
here is a link to the map:

imo jmo
If you follow those four points, you'll see that anything to the N, S, E or W of the streets named would be superfluous information.
those four streets act as four doorways, one of which you must enter to get to the house or you must already have been in that area at the time. Either the killer crossed over one of those streets or was already in the area at the time of the crime. that's a given. Anything within that area, can then be identified and expanded out, which it seems is what they're doing now based on recent reports imo jmo

I know there has been discussion here, periodically, over several threads, inquiring as to whether any of the victims had smart watches. I would be surprised if several or all didn't, but had not seen any visual proof. On a segment of Banfield last night, a gentleman who is a digital forensics tech is interviewed, and several photos of the girls show that at the very least, one victim, Kaylee, did have a smart watch, as she is seen wearing it in several pics. Let's hope that she was wearing it during the brutal invasion and murders, and that it provides some important information for LE. JMO

I'm gonna show my age here with my question. Are smart watches considered stylish by the teens and early 20s crowd? Would girls going out on the town be likely to wear that accessory when dressing up? I feel like that might be something they leave at home but it might be my age showing.

Last edited:
spitballing: what if he's had it for quite awhile, specifically for staying under the radar, neighbors/friends don't see it (a la Ted Bundy/Ann Rule/VW) and even has borrowed plates from a junkyard, as you've suggested. maybe a number of different sets. could that work?

It would still have been registered at some point by a previous owner even if the killer hasn't registered it himself.

Moo, I’m starting to believe that this crime have something to do with E and X. LE silence speaks volume louder than what they’re willing to share.

Whenever they share an update, it’s about who they had cleared. Thus far, those who were “believe not to be involved” are mostly associated with K and M.

They also shared their timeline (much earlier) and were fast to clear people who were suspected by online sleuths.

This has not been the same for X and E. For a while, they were missing a timeline. They haven’t mention anything that much about them, unlike K and M (K stalker were investigated, unfounded but still investigating). Besides the roommates and peoples present during the 911 call, have they discussed or cleared anyone in X and E circle?

Incredibly random thought here.

It seems to me that LE is tracking a white Hyundai’s movements as we have learned they have asked for surveillance from
Stores in both Troy and Kendrick.

MOO they should have the plate by now— but in yesterdays press release they stated “ white Hyundai with an unknown plate”

Is there a such thing as a “fake” temporary license plate ? Meaning - the perp probably wouldn’t be so stupid to drive without a plate - as that runs the risk of being pulled over immediately.

However , if he simply created a good fake looking temporary plate that has bs numbers/letters on it. This wouldn’t be a huge red flag for getting pulled over because officers aren’t really looking that close.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening ? Like for the purpose of committing crime/going undetected.

View attachment 388116
Yes in my area . No LE has plate readers bc of the high car thefts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeFab