ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed! A firearm is not much help if you're asleep when getting stabbed.

Even creepier, did you notice that anonymous viewers are buying food for girls? That is a horrible idea.

IMO the killer could have also put a piece of duct tape over the mouths quickly before stabbing, too. then a stab to the lungs, and there's no noise, little resistance, and if removed, no evidence except for residue around the mouths (presumably the killer wore cut-proof gloves for a number of reasons IMO).

and IMO the livestream is a very bad idea. VERY and if I ran a business, I'd reassess the potential risks and the potential for lawsuit. JMO

IMO the killer could have also put a piece of duct tape over the mouths quickly before stabbing, too. then a stab to the lungs, and there's no noise, little resistance, and if removed, no evidence except for residue around the mouths (presumably the killer wore cut-proof gloves for a number of reasons IMO).

and IMO the livestream is a very bad idea. VERY and if I ran a business, I'd reassess the potential risks and the potential for lawsuit. JMO
According to LE so far, no evidence of taping or binding (could be a fib, who knows). But the second person in each room should have woken up, no? I just wonder if the “likely asleep” part was only when the killer entered the bedrooms. He could have motioned to them or threatened them to stay quiet.

the weird thing about the "stalker" info is... if this was a real concdern for KG, wouldn't she have photographed this guy? If she saw him multiple times? Was he never close enough to be in focus? Brian Entin has interview info but we still do not know how verifiable any of this is.
I agree, it was mentioned K was a web sleuther of sorts, maybe watched lots of Dateline even and her and her friends were smart cookies who followed safety rules.

I would think she was savvy enough to document this stalker, take screen shots, write down dates/experiences etc. Sure, she maybe only told her closest friends but I would think if serious she would've known to keep records either digital or hard copy.

According to LE so far, no evidence of taping or binding (could be a fib, who knows). But the second person in each room should have woken up, no? I just wonder if the “likely asleep” part was only when the killer entered the bedrooms. He could have motioned to them or threatened them to stay quiet.

I haven't read that. do you have a link?

I have read 'not bound and gagged' - that's way different than a piece of duct tape IMO, so if there's more detail, I'd love to read it. bound and gagged here: Police say slain Idaho college students were not ‘tied and gagged’ as rumors circulate about deaths and MPD link.

JMO not necessarily on the waking up part. if the tape was pre-cut, one quick placement and you're done. When you're in bed with someone else, esp, you might not be aware of every touch in the night. Like white noise. JMO though.

From this statement, I interpret this as they are leaning towards a local perp. as the suspect.

“Lanier said in the video that investigators began looking for video footage in the area that would have recorded anything the day of the crimes. Police contacted multiple businesses to ask them for footage.

"We weren't trying to pigeon-hole our investigation by saying that the suspect lives in the area. We were trying to cover all our bases," Lanier said.

Moscow police are asking for any available videos from residents and businesses within the area of West Taylor Ave, West Palouse River Dr., Highway 95 South to the 2700 block of Highway 95 South and the Arboretum & Botanical Garden, who have video surveillance at their home or business between 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 13”.

She said she had a stalker. I choose to believe her. Now she has been murdered. The fact that LE can’t find evidence of a stalker is meaningless. It is a fact that she was stalked and killed as defined by merriam-webster- “a person or animal that pursues quarry or prey stealthily”
LE did find the two individuals that K thought were stalking her. They were cleared. Perhaps there were others?

This is probably of no value whatsoever and probably not connected to our case, but this plane has been circling the Little Jacks Wilderness Area for a couple of hours. It's about 400 mile south of Moscow. Perhaps a good place to ditch a car? (I like to watch air traffic in my spare time lol)

View attachment 388049
Are you able track what type of aircraft it is ?

Sounds like a few of us have experienced this awful kind of thing, me as well. It's a very hard thing to prevent legally (and sometimes prove), that's the scary part. I hope if K was, she at least documented something.
there is some line between some one showing interest and you do not like them, and some one obsessing and not going away or creeping around and "watching" you.

The Goncalves family said Kaylee was a “street wise” individual who was always aware of her environment, including filming anything she thought was suspicious."
Rachel Sharp25 November 2022 23:40

Even if unrelated that grub hub live video is a dangerous thing. Men with the opportunity to view drunk co-eds in real time..is an incredibly bad idea safety wise. MOO

I thought this from the beginning too. I watched most of the 4 hour video when it first appeared and saw more than one iffy comment made by the people in the chat room. I guess the truck has signs up alerting customers to the cameras/streaming schtick but it still makes my skin crawl. Being in a college town and a business catered very much to students only gives it an even more sinister feeling. (Black Mirror anyone? :confused:) Glad I’ve never encountered anything like that although I’m sure it’s not as uncommon as we’d like to hope in this day and age.

Even if unrelated that grub hub live video is a dangerous thing. Men with the opportunity to view drunk co-eds in real time..is an incredibly bad idea safety wise. MOO
I agree. Viewers can also buy the patrons meals if they want.

The channel has been a huge hit with customers and the Grub Truck staff. Viewers from around the world can donate money to employees in the form of tips, or to customers in the form of paid meals. The crew loves it. “We have almost no turnover,” says Fletcher, an impressive feat for college town food service. Split between the team, each employee typically clears an extra $5/hour in tips in addition to in-person gratuities. An interactive chat connects viewers to the customers waiting outside.

“I can’t speak to the psychology of it,” says Fletcher, but he notes that hungry patrons are happy to sing a song or do a dance in exchange for a viewer-purchased burrito.

Last edited:
Iagree. Viewers can also buy the patrons meals if they want.

The channel has been a huge hit with customers and the Grub Truck staff. Viewers from around the world can donate money to employees in the form of tips, or to customers in the form of paid meals. The crew loves it. “We have almost no turnover,” says Fletcher, an impressive feat for college town food service. Split between the team, each employee typically clears an extra $5/hour in tips in addition to in-person gratuities. An interactive chat connects viewers to the customers waiting outside.

“I can’t speak to the psychology of it,” says Fletcher, but he notes that hungry patrons are happy to sing a song or do a dance in exchange for a viewer-purchased burrito.
Sounds like a little exploitation.

This horrid case, reminds me of a group killed in a house in Melbourne: answering ad for a house mate!

Burwood triple killer Ashley Mervyn Coulston picked his victims at random by answering an ad for a housemate;​

Coulston left few clues other than the three bullets and cable ties that restrained his victims.
And he’d once told Ms McLeod, who was 17 years his senior, he wanted to be famous for doing “unusual things”.
And when he was foolish enough to confide in another prisoner, Coulston’s fate was sealed.

The inmate would later tell a Supreme Court jury he’d asked Coulston: “Did you kill the three kids?”.

“Yeah,” was the reply, with Coulston apparently explaining that his biggest mistake was

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but that seems like a very low number for a crime scene of this size involving 4 victims.
It would seem incredibly low to me if the victims had been killed in separate incidents in separate homes. It might still seem low if they'd been in 4 separate bedrooms or had been sleeping in 4 separate beds. But all in the same house apparently in only two rooms and two beds? Maybe not so low. We also don't know exactly what is being counted in that number and what isn't.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member