ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Elantra

Police aren’t going to risk the whole case on notoriously bad eyewitness reports when most people there were into the drink at 3:00 am.

Just my opinion. People here couldn’t determine Silver from white in day time photographs of Kaylee’s vehicle.

MOO

LEGALITY? TASERS & STUN GUNS IN IDAHO.
snipped for focus. @Dotta Part 2 of my answer to your post.
Briefly, from my understanding of ID. statutes* "taser, stun-gun, pepper spray or mace" are not illegal to possess in the state.

As always, welcoming correction or clarification, esp'ly dro
Wow
Thanks for such comprehensive 2 part reply :)

I asked for legality of such a weapon b/c I was curious if the perp (if a student) went to great length to obtain it.

Of course, if such a stun gun was even used there.

Or is a local who left town(?)
First post on this case, I’m late to the table here — this may be a nothing comment to those of you fully entrenched in this case, or maybe other Elantra owners will disagree with me.

I find the Hyundai Elantra interesting — I owned one for 13 years, albeit the short-lived “Touring” body (sort of a station wagon look) with a manual transmission (<3000 lbs), and it would not be my car of choice if I resided in snowy Idaho.

Don’t get me wrong. I am a huge Hyundai fan and now drive a Palisade, but the Elantra is a light car and with factory tires, didn’t hold traction in snow or ice. After the first snowy day with my Elantra, I knew from then on I would be walking, using public transportation, or staying home when it sleeted or snowed. My Elantra is the only car I’ve ever owned or driven that I felt unsafe to drive in snowy or icy conditions.

So maybe the subject white Elantra *was* rented or borrowed from an jurisdiction with a warmer climate — *or* a red herring!

Last edited:
because Fox is willing to toss one of them some cash.
One of the reporters will have been contacting a person within the group.

Whole article feels value-less to me.
all that's new is the snippet of the two girls' conversation
If it was indeed K&M actually talking. The video I saw had what looked like a screenshot or frame frozen to remain still with audio.

Isn't doing something like that (adding audio to a still photo) fairly easy to do? I don't mean to cast doubt but something doesn't sit right with me.

Hello, I just found out about this case. It's a lot to read so I hope you don't mind answering some questions I have here. I am wondering why the police ruled out the roommates so fast? What cleared them?

Also, how did one killer stab four people, were they tied up? Do they know how many killers there were? What do the police know? Sounds like a Ted Bundy Kind of situation.
We don't know how LE cleared people but they usually start with people close to the victims and eliminate them one by one. They have interviewed many people but said they may have more questions as they investigate. It's not uncommon to question a witness several times for additional information.

And no, the victims were not tied up. They were attacked in their sleep and stabbed multiple times in the chest and upper body.

The new video is apparently of K&M walking with hoodie guy prior to the food truck.
Yeah, I apologize, I ended up seeing that thru a different link. Thank you though for clarifying.

If it was indeed K&M actually talking. The video I saw had what looked like a screenshot or frame frozen to remain still with audio.

Isn't doing something like that (adding audio to a still photo) fairly easy to do? I don't mean to cast doubt but something doesn't sit right with me.
I think Foxnews released only a still frame with audio for privacy-related reasons, but they probably have the whole video. JMO

(Q&A with Moscow neighbor)
(KTVB video day after the murders)

I believe the
Elantra tip could be a red herring offered up by someone to sway the investigation in a different direction.

In the KTVB video a white, possible Elantra is seen driving down the street behind the reporter. In the video it is also stated, erroneously, one of the victims is from Arizona. (It was corrected later to state all victims were from Idaho.)

In the Q&A, which was conducted AFTER the KTVB segment, the subject says he saw a white Elantra and he also spotted a license plate in the parking complex from Arizona, or he said maybe it was Montana or Colorado.

In my opinion only, he is injecting himself into the investigation and repeating information that he gleaned from other sources and never personally saw.

The white vehicle lead must still be followed up though, if only for it to be eliminated, if need be.
MPD asked for help finding a 2011-2013 Elantra. To me, the fact that they're able to narrow it down to those years indicates they have something better than an eyewitness account - possibly video or an image of some sort.

If the Elantra was a red herring from a tip, that means someone deliberately mislead investigators. Anyone found doing so would immediately come under suspicion. Seems unlikely. What would be the motive for anyone other than the murderer?

You're also implying that the car behind the reporter at 3:01 of this video could be the white Elantra. Are you basing that on something more than it being a light colored car in the area? Because that is a huge stretch. Also, the car does not look like the Elantra stock images to me.

Also, I'd say the probability that there were no plates on the vehicle is very low. Driving around at 3 in the morning with a vehicle with no plates is asking for you to get pulled over by LE.
I agree, which then leads me to believe that there cannot be any footage LE have of the car from anywhere other than the side of it. By now, I’d have thought other cameras caught the car & we’d have a number plate or an identifying feature if it. MOO

First post on this case, I’m late to the table here — this may be a nothing comment to those of you fully entrenched in this case, or maybe other Elantra owners will disagree with me.

I find the Hyundai Elantra interesting — I owned one for 13 years, albeit the short-lived “Touring” body (sort of a station wagon look) with a manual transmission (<3000 lbs), and it would not be my car of choice if I resided in snowy Idaho.

Don’t get me wrong. I am a huge Hyundai fan and now drive a Palisade, but the Elantra is a light car and with factory tires, didn’t hold traction in snow or ice. After the first snowy day with my Elantra, I knew from then on I would be walking, using public transportation, or staying home when it sleeted or snowed. My Elantra is the only car I’ve ever owned or driven that I felt unsafe to drive in snowy or icy conditions.

So maybe the subject white Elantra *was* rented or borrowed from an jurisdiction with a warmer climate — *or* a red herring!
Great points, well made.
Thank you.

Plenty of cars like the Elantra in Moscow....Just have a look around the Walmart there on google earth.

Hello, I just found out about this case. It's a lot to read so I hope you don't mind answering some questions I have here. I am wondering why the police ruled out the roommates so fast? What cleared them?

Also, how did one killer stab four people, were they tied up? Do they know how many killers there were? What do the police know? Sounds like a Ted Bundy Kind of situation.
on the first few pages of this thread, you'll find all the summary information about the case. Easy way to get up to speed on it.

How the LE clear the roommates so fast? Lots of info we're not privy to on that, but IMO it would be based on a variety of things that allowed LE to rule them out as quadruple slayers.

How did one killer stab four people, were they tied up? how many killers, what do the police know?
We're all discussing that, but we don't know how. LE said that they were not bound and gagged. Other than that, again, we don't know. If you go back to page 1 of this thread, the info will get you up to speed and you'll know what we know.

Welcome, btw.

Another thing I go back & forth on.
I kind of do too because that would explain my theory of K&M being attacked literally minutes after they stopped calling JD.

OTOH, if there was indeed as much rage in these killings, as what's been speculated since the beginning, then I just cannot see any killer having the amount of control needed to be unseen and unheard for the hour or longer he would have to have had while K&M did whatever they did from the time they got home to the time they actually went to bed or fell asleep. All MOO

What if Kaylee didn’t want Adam to know she was in town, because Adam would tell his friend/ roommate / brother / girlfriend?

Or didn’t want Adam to know when she was pulling out for good?

Like a guy not wanting their girlfriend’s sister to know something because that’s gonna be a problem.

Just ideas.

MOO
Yes sort of. IMO, the cat was let out of the bag and someone didn’t take it well

@ventuc
Agreeing w you, absolutely, positively.
Quite a s-t-r-e-t-c-h that vehicle owner has not heard of murders.

Not quite such a loooong stretch that owner is unaware of LE's appeal re Elantra occupants. If living in the Moscow area, seems they would have heard. imo
I would take it a step further and say that if the owner had heard of the murders and had nothing to do with them except being very close by and having their car close by, perhaps driving by right around that 3-4am window, an innocent owner would have reached out to offer info/clear their name, even before a request from LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back