ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a guilty party owns the car, I feel it has been abandoned, driven in to a lake somewhere or painted a different color. Innocent party I would have thought would have driven it to the Police station to clear themselves and move the investigation along.
Or even turned into scrap metal at this point in time.

That is not crime scene tape around the pumps. The pumps and computers were said to be not working at the time, and the caution tape was most likely around them to prevent people from continuously pulling up to get gas. The tape had nothing to do with any crimes. JMO
Yes, unfortunately that original footage on FOX news, which was later removed, gave the initial impression that this footage was so instrumental that law enforcement had cordoned off the area as a crime scene.

Do LE automatically rule out a middle aged woman? Do they check into her to see if she has children, housemate or lends her car out? If the latter, all that takes time.

What if someone took the car without permission!? Not stolen but took the keys from a sleeping or passed out friend. Given the time of the crime would someone notice their car gone!?
Hopefully they do probably take these aspects into consideration.

I know that it’s been stated that the Pullman shooter and the Idaho murders appear to not be connected, but does anyone else think it’s strange that the shooter’s name hasn’t been released yet? I feel like names are usually released within 24 hours (I could be wrong).
I was wondering about that as well.

OT the constitutionality has been questioned but it’s really about revenue. Jmo. Culver City made millions while LA didn’t get back their investment.

Here’s the cams in Moscow, only on 95 (Jackson St and S Washington in town) and 8 (turns into 270 at WA line) the white car probably didn’t use those roads.
Traffic Cams Moscow ID

View attachment 388379
Someone posted this map in a previous thread but the thread closed before I could add my thought. IMO the circuitous route the white Elantra allegedly took from the the scene to where it is caught on the gas station/food mart video (Hwy 8 by E White Ave) makes me believe that the driver knew the location of the cameras.

I drive a lot and I don’t make a mental note of where traffic cameras are or may be, so this makes me believe that IF the white Elantra is related to the murders, the killer really did a lot of planning to avoid detection and researched the camera locations prior to the crime. And then was able to stay calm enough to not make any wrong turns that led him past the cameras.

Because of this, IMO this guy likely practiced driving this route in the days/weeks before. I believe LE’s comment about looking for “patterns” may relate to this.

There was no *trigger*. The killings were planned ahead of time. I don't see the victims as *personal* targets per se....just vulnerable targets to satisfy the urge to kill. Did the killer know exactly how many ahead of time? Hard to say, but I don't see this as relevant in this case. It was a crime of opportunity. Well planned by a very capable killer.
The fact that case remains *cold* shows a killer who knows how to evade LE. MOO.
Couldn’t agree more!!!

And will add my own speculation all strictly IMHO:
This perp targeted this particular house or maybe this house within a group of similar nearby houses he originally was considering.
He went there strictly to murder innocents with a big knife.
It was a premeditated, preplanned crime and he came prepared to kill and went to great pre-planning lengths in order to not leave his DNA behind.
He didn’t know before or care about the number of victims he would leave in his wake.
He did NOT target a specific person.
All he knew was that a bunch of girls lived in this house. This is DAHMER in the Chi O house all over again but in a much more sophisticated way.
This is a SAVAGE, VICIOUS murderer with a high IQ.
That is what is so horrifyingly chilling about this.
This is why the only clue is a cheap, plentiful car that had doctored license plates.
THE CAR IS THE BIGGEST CLUE AND THE ONLY PUBLIC CLUE as to who the perp is.
Detectives are desperate to find this “needle in a haystack” car because it’s all they have at this point.
I don’t think this perp left a digital footprint. I don’t think he knew the names of his victims or saw their social media prior to this killing rampage.
Well-seasoned and highly intelligent police detectives and FBI agents are stumped.
THIS is the stuff of horror movies.
He’s anonymous and could strike ANYWHERE next and maybe get away with it again.
He did his homework and did it really well.
This is an older guy 30-50 who scoped out this target house at some point prior to this crime.
He‘s not local and likely was never local- he visited & stayed with a friend or relative in the area once- maybe years ago. Or he simply picked a college LIKE DAHMER and then did his homework. My best guess is that his regular residence is 4 hours or more away from Moscow, Idaho.
I credit this killer with being smart enough to NOT have local ties. He may have the monetary means to be more transient like Dahmer.
I also think this guy admires Dahmer, has studied Dahmer and is narcissistic enough to believe he’s better than Dahmer and God forbid maybe he is.

I know that it’s been stated that the Pullman shooter and the Idaho murders appear to not be connected, but does anyone else think it’s strange that the shooter’s name hasn’t been released yet? I feel like names are usually released within 24 hours (I could be wrong).
They generally won’t release the name before they’ve notified next of kin, perhaps that’s the hold up, they could be traveling or otherwise difficult to locate and notify.

This case is not cold. It is hotter than hell.
The only thing I see as cold about this case is the blood of the perpetrator. Sneaking into a residence, creeping around, stabbing sleeping people in bed, then sneaking back out. This smacks of a cold blooded killer, not a heat of the moment passion crime.

JMHO

I’m in an academy in a major us city. Bundy and Keyes were doing what’s called decompensating . Or a similar word. Basically they were losing it at the end.

Someone correct me
No correction needed.

Someone posted this map in a previous thread but the thread closed before I could add my thought. IMO the circuitous route the white Elantra allegedly took from the the scene to where it is caught on the gas station/food mart video (Hwy 8 by E White Ave) makes me believe that the driver knew the location of the cameras.

I drive a lot and I don’t make a mental note of where traffic cameras are or may be, so this makes me believe that IF the white Elantra is related to the murders, the killer really did a lot of planning to avoid detection and researched the camera locations prior to the crime. And then was able to stay calm enough to not make any wrong turns that led him past the cameras.

Because of this, IMO this guy likely practiced driving this route in the days/weeks before. I believe LE’s comment about looking for “patterns” may relate to this.
Can you elaborate on your theory of the person or persons in the white Elantra knowing where the cameras are? I mean this person or persons in the white Elantra was spotted several times on camera

Agreed! And they stated that the name would be released later that day:
Loftis also said WSP will provide the man's name and make a statement about the incident this afternoon.

Now they are saying:
The Whitman County Coroner’s Office will release the name of the decedent when appropriate.

I'll be very surprised if not one but several of the victims knew their killer. Someone was very angry. (Insert therory) Killing by knife is an up close and personal deal. This doesn't have a feel for a random mass murder, by a stranger, to me. Jmo

I have full confidence in LE to capture anyone responsible for the murders. CSI has made us a bit inpatient when these sort of crimes happen. Jmo

Can you elaborate on your theory of the person or persons in the white Elantra knowing where the cameras are? I mean this person or persons in the white Elantra was spotted several times on camera
i think he’s referring to city traffic cams which cops can access immediately opposed to business’ cctv which takes a bit longer

The 22,000 number...
@645,000 Elantras sold 2011-2013 in the US
Idaho has one half of one percent of the US population
So that is @32,500 2011-2013 Elantras sold in Idaho.
They came in ten colors, one being white. Say white was average
@3,250 2011-2013 white Elantras sold in Idaho

Even if they don't get totalled, a low $$ figure bar as that car ages, the lifespan of Elantras is on average 10 years/$150k. (doesn't pay to put a new engine/tranny in) So....maybe half of them should be off the road by now.

Even conservatively, that is like 2,000.

I'll be very surprised if not one but several of the victims knew their killer. Someone was very angry. (Insert therory) Killing by knife is an up close and personal deal. This doesn't have a feel for a random mass murder, by a stranger, to me. Jmo

I have full confidence in LE to capture anyone responsible for the murders. CSI has made us a bit inpatient when these sort of crimes happen. Jmo
I agree. Whoever did this is known to the victims. They know the house comings and goings. They may even know the door codes. The dog knows them. They know the doors to use and the layout of the house. They knew the victims were all in bed. It’s someone close to them and close by to have the privy of knowing all this. A blinding jealous rage? In my mind and this is strictly my own opinion, what happens if K was going up in the S.M. Scene. Her life was going places. Was there someone jealous enough knowing they may not be a part of her life or future anymore, panicking that everything was all but lost? We have seen similar cases like this in the past. All very odd. Again. Just trying to step as far back as the web of information can allow. All IMO and my own little thoughts. I also have confidence in LE and FBI. It’s coming to the the surface. It will for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia