ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, LE said some had defensive wounds. Maybe two of the victims woke up as the person next to them was being stabbed and they had a chance to fight back.

Or one of them heard something going on above or below them and got up to look around.

Even if they were all asleep I would think it would be an automatic response to fight off an attack.

Hopefully one of them was able to scratch him. I'm not sure how likely it would have been for the perp to cut himself but I hope he left some DNA behind.
I was watching one of the crime shows a few months ago and a married couple was murdered. It was determined the husband was shot first in his sleep because he had no defense wounds. Wife was found off bed and had defense wounds. Defense wounds do not mean usually that you fought back but that you shielded yourself to minimize impact.

A wound sustained when a victim places a hand (often the palms), arm (lateral forearms) or other body part in harm’s way to prevent or minimise the impact of a blow or slashing by a sharp weapon.

From September 2022. Noise complaint for 1122 King. Body cam footage.
There are three body cam videos shown of the same event on Sept 1. The first floor bedroom to the right of the front door was not lived in at the time, despite both surviving residents being present since mid-August.

The body cam videos were obtained through a FOIA request for 1122 Queen Street, which is often mistaken for King Street. Apparently there are more videos from other dates.

The 22,000 isn’t the number of Hyundai Elantra years 2011-2013 in the United States, it is the number that have been identified that meet their criteria requiring further investigation.

“In a Thursday video update, Moscow Police Capt. Roger Lanier said they’ve received and are “sorting through” a list of roughly 22,000 registered Elantras that met their criteria. But, he said, it may not be all of the vehicles.”

Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article270055382.html#storylink=cpy

Student vehicles are typically registered under parent names, insured by parents, and have license plates from student home state. Wading through even just those registered to 50 something’s to determine which have students who live in or near Moscow, ID takes time.

Anyone moving to the area recently would have registration from prior address.

Anyone traveling through for work could have registration just about anywhere.

Rental cars would be registered with tags from the original state where rented.

If LE knows the plate is out of state, it would make sense for them to have shared that info. LE cannot determine not to investigated leads, each and every one must be investigated to a logical end- telling the public not to report plates within Idaho if the plate is out of state would save untold man hours. For this reason I don’t think they know if it is Idaho plate or not.

This is a huge undertaking to sift through all of these 22,000 and growing, I wish there was some way to be of help

JMO
Could be a shared work vehicle too. Or a Hyre car. My best guess is that it’s someone’s personal car. Or spouse’s car. I don’t think they’ll get rid of it. Cars are expensive. Filing an insurance claim would possibly raise a red flag?

The Elantra.

Elantra seen going towards house in 2:45 - 3:15 timeframe
Yeah. Of course I thought about that. But we don’t even know for sure if they think that’s the killer. Maybe they really are just a witness to the killer leaving the area-I mean the occupants of that car seem to be the only ones awake at that time (except for the frat boys and the neighbor). So idk. Just kind of thinking out loud to see if it changed perspectives on anything. Agree that as of now the car kind of locks the time in.

Does anyone know if they are seeking a 2 door or 4 door Hyundai Elantra? I have seen stock images of both versions in the media but have not seen where it has been specified.

This distinction would quickly reduce the 22,000 to something more managable.

JMO
RSBM. I'm going with 4 door given the stock images released by LE themselves. I think if it were a 2 door they'd have used a 2 door in their press release.

Some are posting as if ‘dive bar’ is in and of itself something Nefarious. Not in my experience
Dive bars are locally owned bars frequented by students mix with locals who are regulars
The most popular dive bars I’ve frequented were owned by alum from the local university
- no cover charge, low cover charge on live music night,
- cheap drink specials and ice cold beer focus, some beer on tap,
- electronic trivia games are popular,
- karaoke on some nights, live music by young artists,
- small dance floor,
- darts, pool table,
- places to sit and smoke outside no matter the weather,
- grilled basic food menu.

What is not at diver bars- top shelf cocktails and a selection of expensive cigars

JMO
Everyone has a different definition, I suppose. I work in the industry and I'm in and out of bars and restaurants of all description. I wouldn't describe most dive bars in my area as having a beer garden or patio seating. Otherwise, your description is accurate. The key characteristics I see are:

-Cheap beer, little to no craft beer or fine wine
-Greasy, over-seasoned food
-Tacky decor, often plastered with temporary beer and liquor logo signs, neon lights
-Core group of regular customers, blue-collar folks, locals

All this is very OT, if not for the last point. IF, the Corner Club does figure into this case, it can help beuild his/her profile.

I can't get past the feeling that all the information that is out there about K&M is creating a false impression that the case is about them, when in reality it could be more about X&E. The press releases are still asking for information about their night, and the white Elantra tip came out not long after LE began including request for info about the "direction and mode" of travel for X&E that night. MOO

I’m in an academy in a major us city. Bundy and Keyes were doing what’s called decompensating . Or a similar word. Basically they were losing it at the end.

Someone correct me
You are correct. Bundy and Keyes both deteriorated severely at the end.

Bundy went overboard with the sorority spree attack and kidnapping a young girl right from elementary school in broad daylight. He was so brazen and reckless like he didn't care if he was caught or not.

Keyes did the same, by breaking his own strict rules, about not kidnapping in his hometown. He used to be so cautious but then he just acted out irrationally and it all came crashing down.

Yeah. Of course I thought about that. But we don’t even know for sure if they think that’s the killer. Maybe they really are just a witness to the killer leaving the area-I mean the occupants of that car seem to be the only ones awake at that time (except for the frat boys and the neighbor). So idk. Just kind of thinking out loud to see if it changed perspectives on anything. Agree that as of now the car kind of locks the time in.
Moscow Idaho is a small college town. Sunday is not busy in terms of car travel in that town especially during those hours 2:45am-5am. In other words it’s a ghost town typically on that day especially at the time.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Timeline thoughts since there seems to be not much new info released—seems like we are assuming all 4 were killed at the same time but have we considered that x and e could have been killed as early as between 12 and 1 (after she called her dad and before the other 2 roommates got home). I can’t find anything that is a definite statement about how LE knows e and x didn’t arrive home until 145-and I don’t really remember a discussion about this before (I am keeping up with the threads and may have just forgotten about this discussion though) Is this worth considering or is that 145 arrival time proven somehow? I’m thinking it’s speculation that’s been taken as gospel-but it would change the times LE needs to be focused on -by 1-2 hours earlier than what they have asked for- which is a big gap to be missing-if there is a possibility of an earlier time.
I've posted a number of times about the E&X time line and even the time at which she and her father communicated (this is from the story I linked below: "I heard from her I think before we went out," Kernodle told 3 TV/ CBS 5. "I think midnight was the last time we heard from her and she was fine."). But it seems implausible to me that E&X were killed that much earlier because if there was a body visible from the lower level, someone would've seen it much earlier and wouldn't have gone up the stairs.

Apologies if this isn't okay to post, but I was not able to catch up on everything posted yesterday - Who is Adam? Why is he important? How did Adam come up in conversation? Thanks in advance if anyone is able to answer this

Edit: I found the new audio released from the food truck where they allegedly speak of someone named Adam - is that it? Just someone they may have been talking about at the food truck?

Last edited:
TRANSCRIPTION OF INTERVIEW WITH KAYLEE'S DAD

17TH DECEMBER.

(snipped except for new info to me; BBM)

The coroner said this was a very strong individual, two people had defensive wounds
I believe the coroner said one person?
So, I'm just trying to steer the conversation into a way. I have another son, I have another person who's going to school there
Is this KG's brother? I don't believe he's been mentioned except in the obituary. I can't imagine how he's taking this.

The gas station blurred car photo.......has it been confirmed to be a Elantra?

Last edited:
Re: The Hyundai Elantra

Additional reason the owner(s) or occupant(s) might not come forward.
Some parents will do anything to protect their child, no matter what their child has done. JMO
Yes, ala Brian Laundrie's parents in the Gabby Petito murder. (And look how that worked out for them.)

I believe the coroner said one person?

Is this KG's brother? I don't believe he's been mentioned except in the obituary. I can't imagine how he's taking this.
K's brother has appeared in a TV interview with SG and his sister A on CNN. If this is the son he is referring too.

Source.

I think it could be something too, IMO. I'm curious as to why there is crime scene tape around all the gas pumps. Do they think it's possible, or has it been said, that the occupant(s) of the white car pumped gas there?
That is not crime scene tape around the pumps. The pumps and computers were said to be not working at the time, and the caution tape was most likely around them to prevent people from continuously pulling up to get gas. The tape had nothing to do with any crimes. JMO

Lawyer Shanon Grey is a former prosecutor ( DDA Multnomah County)
Grey would already know why it wouldn't necessarily be ' cowardly' to refuse to disclose gender in this live investigation
A former prosecutor who has been a criminal defense attorney for over 12 years now so he definitely knows what he’s doing.
I’m glad the dad got someone with a lot of experience to help him process the challenges he’s facing with how it all works. Mr G considers himself an “alpha” in his own words, he wants to be in control.
I think over the course of this investigation Grey’s legal knowledge and advice is going to be very helpful. Give him time. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader