ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Want to say God bless all of the LE officers and FBI investigators working on this case tirelessly during the holiday season. This assignment must be so taxing on them and their families. With any luck, their efforts will break this case soon and bring relief to the families of the victims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. So Adam of the video is “cooperating”? So, maybe not entirely unrelated to the investigation?
I imagine not. I'm sure all the bartenders at the Corner Club, that were working that night, who spoke with Kaylee and/or Maddie have also been interviewed as part of the investigation.

Just Want to say God bless all of the LE officers and FBI investigators working on this case tirelessly during the holiday season. This assignment must be so taxing on them and their families. With any luck, their efforts will break this case soon and bring relief to the families of the victims.
I could not agree more and I’m extremely confident in all of them and very hopeful and optimistic all of their hard work will pay off soon. Very confident they will find who did this and bring some peace to the families and community.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

What you are seeing when you see the cops being criticized in this case is a blackmail attempt by many of the press outlets. There are undoubtably editors whipping reporters, along with ferocious competitive factors, to come up with any bit of news, true or not, relevant or not.
A common method, when all else fails, is to attack the potential sources (investigators) as somehow incompetent for not sacrificing the investigation and integrity of case, to the news media's needs.
In this case they sadly have a handful of family members on board. I don't blame the family members they are in shock. But this game the news media is running in this case is as old as news media itself. IN short: don't give us inside info, and we will attack you. It is blackmail

If you have a neoprene based dry suit, they are heavy. And a trilaminate one is a bit baggy and will rustle a bit. Neither are practical to wear to do swift in-and-out killings.
A neoprene-based wet suit is so heavy, and it soaks up everything! I swim out in Rockaway or Coney Island in the winter and I have to get out of it before hopping back on the subway. It's an absolute mess and inappropriate for any nefarious behavior. Even after I give it a good wash it still smells beachy, so I can't imagine anyone would find it a good way to protect themselves in a crime. A dry suit makes loud crunchy sounds and repels moisture. Also a bad choice for criminal activities.

Maggie is not correct. The LE statement says the owner of the car isn't involved. They say NOTHING about the CAR not being involved. It appears stolen to me, so......

MOSCOW, Idaho – Idaho police on Tuesday said an abandoned, white 2013 Hyundai Elantra found in Eugene, Oregon, on Dec. 17 in not related to the Nov. 13 murders of four University of Idaho students.

You’re right - the media seem to be uniformly taking the statement that the owner is not involved to mean that the car isn’t connected. But taken literally, the statement from police they’re quoting doesn’t seem to exclude the car being the one they’re looking for.

Maggie is not correct. The LE statement says the owner of the car isn't involved. They say NOTHING about the CAR not being involved. It appears stolen to me, so......
That was my interpretation as well, but take a look at post #744.

So this statement about the car from Moscow LE is very confusing. The owner has no ties to Moscow. Okay you've ruled the owner out. But was the owner driving the car? Is the owner in Colorado or Oregon? But what about the car? If it's not involved, then why not state that. Your leaving your department open for more questions. It's this kind of word salad that leads to rumors and innuendo. Seems like a very hastily put together statement. Unless the car is involved?

So, just a big coincidence it would seem. Why on Earth was the car just left there for days? That makes ZERO sense.
It seems like a coincidence. But abandoned cars are common. I have no info in this abandoned car case, but a very common thing is if you are in a single vehicle crash and a bit under the influence of something, the smart thing to do is just leave vehicle and go home until nothing detectable is in your blood. Leaving car, and getting yourself out of there, and having a police ordered tow to an impound lot is way way cheaper than a under the influence hit if you remain with vehicle and wait for cops.
Or alternately you could just be a bit shocky from being in an accident, leave car intending to get it in a couple of days.
I dont get what the coincidence is? Except an observational bias (we all have them). probably 100 white elantras drove by that exact spot without crashing the past couple of days.

Seems like a very hastily put together statement. Unless the car is involved?

I think it was hastily put together but only because the owner was getting doxxed (and apparently harrassed) by the armchair quarterbacks. If people 1000's of miles away could chill out for 5 minutes and not believe they have so much more info than MPD, they wouldn't have to put these quick hit statements out. What is wrong with people?

I don't think they can make a definitive statement about the car itself until it has been through some sort of processing/examination, which could take a few days.

So this statement about the car from Moscow LE is very confusing. The owner has no ties to Moscow. Okay you've ruled the owner out. But was the owner driving the car? Is the owner in Colorado or Oregon? But what about the car? If it's not involved, then why not state that. Your leaving your department open for more questions. It's this kind of word salad that leads to rumors and innuendo. Seems like a very hastily put together statement. Unless the car is involved?
No, it only leads to rumors fanned by press erecting strawman arguments. If the cops gave every detail they have the press would still be saying they want more or they will continue to spin the rumors and innuendo you are seeing sprouted by the press.
What businesses is it of the public where the owner is? So that press can camp out outside some innocent and irrelevant persons house and stalk and harrass them??

The cops have let out too much information frankly and now that they have seen people doxxed and harrassed I think they know to give out as little as possible

It seems like a coincidence. But abandoned cars are common. I have no info in this abandoned car case, but a very common thing is if you are in a single vehicle crash and a bit under the influence of something, the smart thing to do is just leave vehicle and go home until nothing detectable is in your blood. Leaving car, and getting yourself out of there, and having a police ordered tow to an impound lot is way way cheaper than a under the influence hit if you remain with vehicle and wait for cops.
Or alternately you could just be a bit shocky from being in an accident, leave car intending to get it in a couple of days.
I dont get what the coincidence is? Except an observational bias (we all have them). probably 100 white elantras drove by that exact spot without crashing the past couple of days.
According to the link in post #744, it was a "job injury crash" and the parties exchanged insurance information.

Also that it’s one year and one month between June and August, then one year and two months between August and November so if there is a stabbing on 13th February 2024 then there is absolutely a pattern. All IMO, and yes I know LE ruled it out but LE do gets things wrong, especially in the early stages. Again MOO
MPD backtracked on ruling out a connection. They are looking into it. I posted a link several times today. IMO.

According to the link in post #744, it was a "job injury crash" and the parties exchanged insurance information.
Great. That is even more to my point that this was not too much of a coincidence. People often leave the cars. There are a dozen reasons to do so. It could be leased and the person could have no liquidity. Lots of them are single vehcile crashed. or even if two party accident, as police will not even write a report in many jurisdictions, they could be a bit buzzed and not want to wait for cops.
I just dont think it is strange that we are finding unrelated stolen or crashed elandras. One on fire in a forest, or sunk in a lake would be interesting. One found after an accident, less so.

<modsnip: off topic>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads