ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know for sure that the room doors were locked on the first floor? For all we know the doors could have been unlocked. Also the video I linked shows how easy it is to unlock a locked bedroom door. Leaving survivors on the 1 st floor does leave witnesses. Even if the witnesses stayed in their rooms during the murder. It left open the possibility that they could see out the killer or killers or the car they were in from their front windows and they could possibly hear something.

I understand the roommates didn’t seem to hear or see anything, but the killer and or killers had no way of knowing for sure that these girls on the 1st floor didn’t hear something or see something out their front windows on the morning of the murders. Which is why I feel strongly that had the killer and or killers known their were girls in the 1st floor he would have killed them as well to eliminate risk.

Why risk killing on the 3rd if you can just kill those on the 2nd floor and immediately leave and come back out through the sliding glass door on the 2nd. If he’s going to risk going to the 3rd floor even if it’s for his target than why not go down to the 1st since you took care of 2nd and 3rd floor.

JMO

I watched that video & I highly doubt that those doors would have a simple push lock like that - That’s a privacy lock for when you’re in the room. You can’t lock that from the outside like if you wanted to lock your valuables in your room while you’re out of the house.

MOO

Similar to what I thought. LE said the 911 call was from one of the roommates phone, was made from inside the house, and the person staying to the dispatcher was not one of the roommates. It could be that a friend came to the house to casually visit one of the two surviving roommates, is let in by one of those roommates, then one of the roommates goes to the second floor at some point for one reason or another. If that roommate comes across an unexplainable trail of blood, I would imagine panic and an immediate call to 911. I would also think that they would quickly try to return to a safe place or to the first floor the visiting friend. They could have easily become overwhelmed by the circumstances and passed out while trying to call 911, trying to protect themselves, and probably trying to explain to the visiting friend all at the same time. They pass out while on the phone and the friend takes over to report the roommate passed out while acting frantically. All this is obviously speculation.

It goes to show you that none of us know really anything and can't make much sense of the details released by LE.

The only thing we really know is that the dark shadows in our homes look much different today then they did before following this case.
We just don’t have enough info to know, but if a roommate went from bottom to middle floor to access kitchen, knocked on Xana’s door…no response… tried calling X and E phones…no response… thought they were passed out and called Ethan’s brother; No response so maybe knocked the door down or forced it open ? Roommate freaks out when the scene is revealed and dials 911. Becomes incoherent and someone else grabs the phone… All just speculation; however it was Ethan’s brother’s vehicle that got cordoned off with crime scene tape. As for K and M, the news release implied (or I inferred) that it was first responders who discovered their bodies. In my mind, the bedroom doors were locked behind him as the killer left.

It could also be that a roommate was on phone saying someone couldn’t be aroused and while on the phone, the room was accessed and someone else took the phone.

Not even my opinion—just a possible scenario among many. I sure hope someone is arrested soon and we learn more about what happened, although it will never make any sense. JMO

RSBM - This^^ has always bothered me. Set aside what seems to have been a very messy scene (and foul smelling from all the blood) for a moment. I get the fear of calling 911 immediately. Why did they call and have others come over instead of seeking help from their housemates? If I have concern about the welfare of someone in my house, I’m going to ask others there for help first rather than trying to get a hold of someone and waiting for them to get there. If they’d done this, surely the reported statement would be much different when none of the other girls responded.

So much focus is on who of the four was the target and why. My question from day 1 has been WHY THE OTHER TWO WEREN’T targeted. The killer had to pass by the stairs leading down to get to X’s room (which is very out of the way compared to the entry point and upstairs) so I don’t buy the “they didn’t know others were down there” theory.

Not insinuating the survivors were involved, but I think the answers to these two questions (which LE may have) would shed valuable light on which direction to take.
Yes, that would be the car mentioned in the post I responded to.
Regardless, Chief Fry stated the white car in the alcohol offense video is not the car they are looking for, so that covers any white car in that body cam video

JohnBull said:
I recall there was a white sedan similar to an Elantra across the street from where the underage drinking incident occurred at that time. It's facing east, not west, but there's a possibility it might have done a 180 somewhere along the way. It's also possible that this was the car captured on the Linda Street video
I think the vehicle with lights on is the plainclothes police car.

Also the house was known as a party house I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people didn’t know the code.
Why would a house being labeled as a party house imply that many people not living there had a door entry code ?

I've been to quite a few parties, especially college house parties. I can't recall ever needing a code for entry. Or a key. Anytime I've gone to a college party, people are constantly coming and going. Doors are always unlocked.

For some reason today I keep thinking about the 2 first floor roommates. This keeps popping into my head and I wonder how much help D and B provided.

Thinking of them and just imagining the nightmares that they are having. I would not be able to sleep alone for a long time.

On Thursday, Idaho State Police spokesman Aaron Snell told ABC News that the surviving roommates are “working and talking with detectives, and they have been cooperative — very cooperative.” He said that they ultimately could be “the key to this whole thing.”

Aaron Smell said potentially they may be the key to the whole thing. And, was said after the reporter said it. he was inferring many things were potentially key. This is an old article from November 18th…over a month ago.

I watched that video & I highly doubt that those doors would have a simple push lock like that - That’s a privacy lock for when you’re in the room. You can’t lock that from the outside like if you wanted to lock your valuables in your room while you’re out of the house.

MOO
Cool we agree to disagree! JMO

Yes. great points. Originally I thought the perp was an Incel taking revenge. But I now think your theory is my top option for now.
IMO. Only one person was the original target, but others were killed, so that the targeted person could never be identified IOW the killer disguised who the real target was by killing all four.

Why would a house being labeled as a party house imply that many people not living there had a door entry code ?

I've been to quite a few parties, especially college house parties. I can't recall ever needing a code for entry. Or a key. Anytime I've gone to a college party, people are constantly coming and going. Doors are always unlocked.
IT’s a possibility that’s all.

Also the house was known as a party house I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people didn’t know the code.
My guess is a lot of people knew the code for the front door. I’m not sure about the individual rooms. (This is all an assumption, that the rooms had code locks.) And this was most likely a frenzied situation, the perp going room to room stabbing people to death, he’s probably covered in blood, it’s a dark house, he’s hyped up on adrenaline - Is he really going to stand there and take his time trying a bunch of different code combinations? It could’ve happened but the likelihood is extremely low IMO.

I really think this is it ^^^^^^^ I think the killer had one person (or two) in mind that night. I think whoever was killed in their beds was/were the target and likely the first killed--and based on the obits, I'm confident I know who these were. Then as the killer tried to leave, he encountered two more people--perhaps they heard commotion, perhaps they were up to go to the bathroom, perhaps they were up to get something to eat... Those two people are the ones who likely had defensive wounds because they were up and alert.

I'm very curious about the dog in all this. And I'm very concerned about the rapid fire phone calls in the late 2 o'clock hour.

I think we are underestimating what it would take physically, mentally, and emotionally to stab four people to death one after another.
We are talking about a calculated cold blooded killer, imo, not a young guy who got his feelings hurt and snapped and at dinner decided he would kill someone that evening then had to quickly change plans and kill repeatedly.
The scene from the first would be so graphically disturbing from the blood spatter on walls and ceiling, and the air would smell metallic from the blood. And the the monster was composed enough to do it again, and again, and again without leaving obvious evidence of their presence, no trail outside.

These are not four killings on different days, or months, these are four consecutive stabbings on the same evening by the same killer IMO

JMO

My guess is a lot of people knew the code for the front door. I’m not sure about the individual rooms. (This is all an assumption, that the rooms had code locks.) And this was most likely a frenzied situation, the perp going room to room stabbing people to death, he’s probably covered in blood, it’s a dark house, he’s hyped up on adrenaline - Is he really going to stand there and take his time trying a bunch of different code combinations? It could’ve happened but the likelihood is extremely low IMO.
How do you know the 2nd and or 3rd floor rooms weren’t locked? It’s possible no one knows for sure.

But either way I feel that the killer or killers wasn’t going to leave that house knowingly leaving anyone alive come hell or high water. JMO

Last edited:
You think LE is delaying the arrest of a murderer until after the holidays for the sake of the families???

So, LE and the victim's families can have a nice holiday? I feel like I must be misinterpreting your post because that is ludicrous.
Lol lol lol you are not misinterpreting…

I agree with this. The intended target was on the third floor. The killer entered and quietly went up to the third floor. Murders Kayley and Maddie in their sleep. After making noises such as bumping around or stomping the noises woke Zanna and Eric. Eric goes to see what's happening and encounters the killer and fights back but the killer kills him. Zanna hearing what is happening to Eric gets up and fights the killer but is also killed. They would both have defensive wounds. The killer didn't care about the roommates downstairs. Probably waited to see if they had woken up or not. The killer exited the house and hurried back through the wooded area behind the house. At that point the camera on top of the apartment complex could have caught him/her escaping. My 19-year-old daughter has slept with earbuds in every night for years. She can't hear a darned thing. All this is JMO.
I’m sure no harm was meant, but respectfully, it’s Xana and Ethan :)
Other than that, your theory about the order matches mine

I think we are underestimating what it would take physically, mentally, and emotionally to stab four people to death one after another.
We are talking about a calculated cold blooded killer, imo, not a young guy who got his feelings hurt and snapped and at dinner decided he would kill someone that evening then had to quickly change plans and kill repeatedly.
The scene from the first would be so graphically disturbing from the blood spatter on walls and ceiling, and the air would smell metallic from the blood. And the the monster was composed enough to do it again, and again, and again without leaving obvious evidence of their presence, no trail outside.

These are not four killings on different days, or months, these are four consecutive stabbings on the same evening by the same killer IMO

JMO
Agree.

I can’t picture him climbing atop of them. Too much risk. It seems he definitely thought it all out, prepared, and premeditated, before deciding the standing position (while they are fully recumbent and reclined) - would be the most advantageous place to be. It all comes down to Risk verses Reward. He risked a lot, so somehow he invariably reaped a bigger sense of accomplishment and pride (ie: reward), his ego overinflated with the big secret. Beyond warped and Sickening. Jmoo
Also, I noticed that Maddie’s room was smaller than Kaylees and if they were both in Maddie’s bed, they absolutely had no where to go- the monster would have overtaken and killed them very quickly.IMO

Your question :

"Has there been any discussion relative to those several 'so-happy-to-have-such-a-close/sweet-friend' cozy depictions of the third floor victims?

And this, with respect to narrowing focus as to perp(s)/motive(s)"

There's no evidence (at this time) demonstrating that the suspect left through the second floor slider patio door, other than some crime scene markers in the back yard (linked in previous thread), and walked up the hill in the backyard to leave the scene.

I think it's likely that the murderer knew exactly where one of the victims lived and targeted that person that night. I do think that the murderer parked in the parking lot behind the residence and watched someone in the house prior to the murders.

What cannot be resolved is that all tenants were at home and the white vehicle was seen at 2:45-3:15 AM heading towards the mass murder ... and remained in the vicinity of the murders at the time of the murders.

The murderer was not watching the house that night: If the white car is driven by the murderer, he was not watching them when they arrived at home with the pasta at 2 AM. That's not to say that someone they encountered earlier that night did not walk home, get in the white car, and head to the girl's home around 3 AM.

Motive? The murder was planned, targeted, vicious, not sexual assault. It must be someone that one of the tenants met once before - perhaps someone who got the wrong idea in his head.
As far as motive: IMO, they were permanently “silenced”? I can’t think of any other motive.

The only confirmed code lock is on the front door. Based on the view of one of the downstairs bedroom doors on the body cam footage from the September noise complaint, it’s clear there is no special lock on that particular bedroom door. This makes me think the bedrooms only had simple knob locks like most residential houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs