ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s said to have a new roof system, and the layout is strange. Was it at one time two separate structures?
Yes, the kitchen/bedroom on second floor was added along with the 3rd floor. New roof system to a roofers wife did not mean like newly reroofed, just changed while adding the the addition. Imo

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
This is why I won't go near those rumor mills. I have heard people complaining about the moderation on here but that's what keeps us safe.
ITA. interesting theory (imo) she has though that possibly a professor was personally connected to one of the students (worried about their job possibly because all 4 of them knew of this connection) and committed these crimes or had someone else do it.

eta Not necessarily the professor she accused :/
...and who knows what "I told him EVERYTHING" meant.

Last edited:
Killer in my opinion may have hid out locally soon after but most likely lives or has place to go in outskirts of town so not to be seen with blood soaked cloths or possible injuries. FBI assisting most likely would have already fast paced finger prints and dna thru codis and no hits . So they have the dna and prints but no match yet , meaning killer had no prior arrests that rose to the level of being in codis. Good and bad about all the leads is that police have to pursue all leads to prevent reasonable doubt defense at trial that someone else could have been involved. Especially if multiple fingerprints and dna at crime scene because of all the persons had been thru the house at various parties. Video, witness leads and reverse dna to find common relative may be the key right now to point to possible suspects. Killer was causal acquaintance, not close and was not hired to kill or serial killer, probably not a fellow student. He was enraged by being spurned as psychopaths imagine a relationship that does not exists and rage when spurned as asking to be boyfriend or go on date etc., or could be jealous.

I really wish the mayor wouldn't have used the words "crime of passion" because the media just ran with it. He was somewhat misquoted since he said that a "crime of passion" was only one of the possibilities.

Here's a snip from a 11/14/22 Fox News article (Idaho quadruple student homicide: 'Crime of passion,' 'burglary gone wrong' among possible motives, mayor says):

View attachment 389503
Imo, the Mayor lacks qualifications to designate what type of crime this is. He is on that list of people offering up their uneducated opinions. Imo.

Much has been speculated about the meaning of the conversation between Kaylee and Maddie ....The I told Adam Everything conversation.
One theory that Maddie told Adam that Kaylee was done with her relationship with Jack D. and Adam, both a friend and roommate or former roommate of Jack's, passed on that information.
That doesn't make sense to me. That would be breaking girl code to interfere in a relationship like that without permission. Kaylee's tone sounds like she's not thrilled when she's heard about it.
What makes more sense to me is if Maddie told Adam Kaylee was scared of someone and gave examples of things the person had been doing, stalking ect.
That Maddie was taking it seriously and Kaylee wasn't or wasn't ready to confront the situation yet....and Maddie decided to act.
The fact that Adam was a bartender opens up his view of their social interactions . Maddie might have chosen him because the person was known to frequent the bar in addition to his relationship with Kaylee's ex.

I don't understand your reasoning. The police have said they are looking for a white Elantra, certain years. They perhaps don't have a good photo of the exact car they are looking for. They release a stock photo so people know. How does that put any more suspicion on innocent people than an actual blurry photo? LE needs some public assistance here, and it is not unreasonable to expect the public to act responsibly.

As someone who works for a large, successful, high volume USED dealership the last 6 years and knows Hyundai Elantras better than the average human being (I am not bragging, trust me) - I would be happy to help explain to you why the reasoning is considered more than reasonable.

If you are releasing information to the general public, regarding 3 different years that the Hyundai Elantra could possibly be AND asking for their help - it screamed to me that even LE doesn’t know what they are looking at. If they are confident it’s a Hyundai, great. Calling it an Elantra ranging several years - crap confidence level.

How would people help LE by looking at a white Elantra and thinking “that’s got to be a 2011-2013.” Or “let me ask this random guy who could possibly be a murderer what year his car is and see if I got a winner!”

THE ONLY WAY THE GENERAL PUBLIC COULD POSSIBLY HELP IDENTIFY THE VEHICLE YEAR IS BY RUNNING UP TO THE CAR PHYSICALLY AND SCANNING THE VIN ON THE WINDSHIELD.

This vehicle image that is circulating doesn’t show a sharp image of it being a Hyundai does it? Let’s give LE benefit of the doubt quick because I’m not trying to NOT trust them or say to not trust them. Let’s say it’s a Hyundai for sure (I can list atleast 3 other manufacture names, models and trims that I thought of while looking at the image of the vehicle for what it’s worth) . Go look up a 2019 Hyundai ioniq. It’s just so vague and dangerous to have ranging years when lots of people will assume the year of an Elantra and think it’s a 2011-2013 because they don’t know cars well enough. It’s irresponsible.

Based on what they’ve said in the last couple interviews, I think they know who it is. I think they’re trying to find him. The expansion of the FBI across the country etc. makes me think so. It may be that that is just for looking for the vehicle, but I’m hoping it’s to go find him. I hope it won’t be too difficult and that someone is not hiding him. Otherwise, it’s freezing cold out. You can’t go camping, etc.

And if that’s true, then it probably is not any of the people everyone has talked about that is local. All those people presumably are with their friends and family. I’m hoping that they are going to look at friends and relatives of who their suspect is across the country and over the Canadian border too I would expect. I hope they find the car and can get this monster off the street.
l those people presumably are with their friends and family. I’m hoping that they are going to look at friends and relatives of who their suspect is across the country and over the Canadian border too I would expect.

Could be a B. Landrie type situation, where family has no idea where he is.

JMO

Much has been speculated about the meaning of the conversation between Kaylee and Maddie ....The I told Adam Everything conversation.
One theory that Maddie told Adam that Kaylee was done with her relationship with Jack D. and Adam, both a friend and roommate or former roommate of Jack's, passed on that information.
That doesn't make sense to me. That would be breaking girl code to interfere in a relationship like that without permission. Kaylee's tone sounds like she's not thrilled when she's heard about it.
What makes more sense to me is if Maddie told Adam Kaylee was scared of someone and gave examples of things the person had been doing, stalking ect.
That Maddie was taking it seriously and Kaylee wasn't or wasn't ready to confront the situation yet....and Maddie decided to act.
The fact that Adam was a bartender opens up his view of their social interactions . Maddie might have chosen him because the person was known to frequent the bar in addition to his relationship with Kaylee's ex.
According to the individual who drove M and K home that night, they talked about food :). I see the exchange captured on video as a nothingburger and a distraction, because it's devoid of the context that would be required to understand its meaning.

Driver who dropped off Idaho students at murder house breaks silence

Also, has anyone from LE looked into whether this camera recording audio of random people on the street is legal?

I realize that at this point the Adam conversation is public knowledge but I do question whether the media should have run with it. But maybe their lawyers vetted it?

It makes me uncomfortable that random audio recording is happening on a public street (even if the owner of the cam posts a notice to inform the public). Civil liberties being impinged upon in the U.S. needs to be watched carefully.

JMO
I’m jumping in without being caught up to thank you for bringing up this issue.

As a local, this is something that’s stunned all I’ve talked to. And it doesn’t help that it was apparently a private Christian college — not a business — with several properties downtown that has been capturing/archiving conversations on public sidewalks.

While all focus right is rightly on investigating the quadruple murders, this is nonetheless really creepy if true.

Yes, the kitchen/bedroom on second floor was added along with the 3rd floor. New roof system to a roofers wife did not mean like newly reroofed, just changed while adding the the addition. Imo
Edit* forgot to add my comment!! I was thinking that was what had been done. I could see that explaining the possibility of leakage from the crime. I hope that’s all in the “allowed to talk about” category.

Last edited:

'My job was to get these girls home safe.' Private taxi driver who drove Idaho roommates Kaylee and Madison home hours before they were murdered says he is haunted by his role in delivering them to their deaths​

IDK. As always, your post is impeccably done and thought-provoking, but I question this only because they removed three pages, including the map and other details. I hope LE reads here and adds some of the content back so we can tell what's truly missing. IMO it's not one of the people listed, but I know I have zero clue, and you have much more info /experience, so hat tip

I think everything you said is very sound and made me wonder more about what's going on (I figure we'll see less of Chief Fry over the next few days, it's the holidays).

I am pretty old, though.

l those people presumably are with their friends and family. I’m hoping that they are going to look at friends and relatives of who their suspect is across the country and over the Canadian border too I would expect.

Could be a B. Landrie type situation, where family has no idea where he is.

JMO

Imo the BL family knew where he was.

As someone who works for a large, successful, high volume USED dealership the last 6 years and knows Hyundai Elantras better than the average human being (I am not bragging, trust me) - I would be happy to help explain to you why the reasoning is considered more than reasonable.

If you are releasing information to the general public, regarding 3 different years that the Hyundai Elantra could possibly be AND asking for their help - it screamed to me that even LE doesn’t know what they are looking at. If they are confident it’s a Hyundai, great. Calling it an Elantra ranging several years - crap confidence level.

How would people help LE by looking at a white Elantra and thinking “that’s got to be a 2011-2013.” Or “let me ask this random guy who could possibly be a murderer what year his car is and see if I got a winner!”

THE ONLY WAY THE GENERAL PUBLIC COULD POSSIBLY HELP IDENTIFY THE VEHICLE YEAR IS BY RUNNING UP TO THE CAR PHYSICALLY AND SCANNING THE VIN ON THE WINDSHIELD.

This vehicle image that is circulating doesn’t show a sharp image of it being a Hyundai does it? Let’s give LE benefit of the doubt quick because I’m not trying to NOT trust them or say to not trust them. Let’s say it’s a Hyundai for sure (I can list atleast 3 other manufacture names, models and trims that I thought of while looking at the image of the vehicle for what it’s worth) . Go look up a 2019 Hyundai ioniq. It’s just so vague and dangerous to have ranging years when lots of people will assume the year of an Elantra and think it’s a 2011-2013 because they don’t know cars well enough. It’s irresponsible.
I think you have missed the point of what the police are asking for. But lets not belabor it here.

For those who didn't catch it, an interview on News Nation, Dan Abrams Live, BE host speaking with Chief Fry. "We don't know who the individual is" makes me wonder if he indeed knows this is one person. Not who, but how many.
Yeah, that seemed like a turning point. Did he make a mistake? Did he just let it slip? Did he want to increase pressure on the killer? Time will tell.

A couple thoughts from this article. I don't think the comments about being able to hear people going up and down stairs or walking on the creaky floor really means anything when it relates to this crime. For one, creaky stairs may have been fixed since this person lived in the house. But even if not, sure, I think you can probably hear people walking when you are awake. But when you are sound asleep and possibly in a deep sleep, many who sleep deeply will not awake for a creaky floor. People who sleep deeply even sleep through alarms, fire alarms, storms, etc. So I still don't question at all the two survivors sleeping through the murders. Now if some of the victims weren't fully asleep yet, maybe they could have heard someone walking around but rather than go immediately to thinking "there's a murderer in my house," they likely just thought it was one of their roommates moving about. MOO

Secondly, I noticed this past resident mentioned people coming to party at the house who would just hop the fence and then take off if the cops showed up. So that could lend itself to someone who knew how to quickly and surreptitiously enter and exit the home due to being there for past parties, etc. JMO again.

In crimes like this, it may make sense to go back to basics:

Means, Motive and Opportunity
Means: equipment and ability to commit the murders.
In this case according to LE a fairly readily obtainable knife was involved and the perp had to have some degree of physical fitness. Means doesn't give us much, may help eliminate suspects.
Motive: reason to commit the murder/s.
So far, it doesn't appear that there is clear motive in this crime.
Opportunity: the chance/time to commit murders.
Early morning hours. The interesting thing in this case is that it very possible that it would have been the last weekend day that one or more of the victims would be in that house together.

The big gap so far is motive, without it homicides become much difficult to solve and prosecute.
(It's even noticeable on these forums, lack of clear motive has us all over the place on possible perp/s)
ALL MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members