ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Point well taken regarding the amendment error.

The psychic, however, is in Texas and the suit is federal. As result, Idaho laws do not apply.

That aside, whether or not someone deserves to be sued, and whether or not it is prudent to sue somebody can be two entirely different cases. This maybe one of those cases.

I imagine that Tic Tok will ban her account very soon. Likewise I imagine that with a little imagination (or with the assistance of a 'net wise 14 year old), she can find new platforms that wont ban her and that care little about US federal suits. Meanwhile, I would not be surprised if her viewership is going through the roof.

I dont know what federal court calendars look like. They only thing that may stop her is fear of confinement (maybe via contempt of Court? But... how easily can a person be ordered by a Court to stop a civil suit action before being found libelous by a jury?

Then there is the matter of what can be collected from a tic tok psychic. In short, it might have better to have ignored her.

Hard to ignore her when your life is turned upside down, you’re being attacked by a social media mob, and your family, home, and entire career is being threatened because of her. Yes, I think it’s prudent to sue her, she’s trying to destroy an innocent woman’s life. The defendant was sent two cease & desists and did not remove her videos or retract her statements. Defamation per se stands in federal court (again, Cardi B).

The professor is the victim and I think she deserves and it is prudent for her to seek a legal remedy regardless of whether TikTok or other platforms remove the defendant’s accounts or not.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been shared:

“University of Idaho professor sues internet sleuth for defamation”​

University of Idaho professor sues internet sleuth for defamation
Good - some of these extremists need to be taught a lesson. You can't just go accusing people of crimes and then doxxing and/or harassing them. The social media sleuth in question who I'm not naming because trash like she posts doesn't deserve to be publicized, does not appear to understand there are consequences for actions. I hope this professor absolutely sticks it to her.

Yeah, I started to compile my own list of human on human violence in Moscow, including suicides, and I got a bigger total. Three cases are controversial to this day regarding MoD, judging by various comments in local papers.

Moscow had 3 people killed by a sniper in 2007 and 3 people dead in a Moscow spree shooting in 2015. (Source: Why the college town of Moscow, Idaho, is not as peaceful as you think )

That article is an interesting read. SPECULATION (IMOO), the two Paradise Creek deaths were possibly not accidental drownings, IMO, but I am not the coroner. I just think the decision was made very quickly and that the autopsy results are ambiguous. Let it be said I am questioning the coroner and hope the latest "accidental drowning" gets new eyes on it, some day.

It's interesting that Moscow has had THREE incidents of mass murder in the past 15 years. My town has not had a single one (nor has my home town - which is the size of Moscow). A more apt comparison would be the college town where I work - which has also not had a single mass murder either on campus or off, despite being about 3X bigger than Moscow.

I have no explanation for these differences, just theories. Not counting the accidental drownings, Moscow ID had 15 murders or suicides within a 21 year period - a bit higher than average, but in most years, Moscow is relatively safe.

There are tons of videos online, mostly on youtube. Or a person can take a knife training course. The USMC handbook (and videos) on use of a knife in personal defense are popular (the video has 2.7 million views). I would use different search terms, though. I don't think any of these videos are for "sport" or "confidence."

There are also places one can go to learn to throw knives and to handle knives more confidently, but naturally, these businesses do not teach people how to kill. But there are tons of videos from both the USMC and from paramilitary organizations that are easy to find and have many views. I'm not sure I can give search terms and be within ToS.

I can also add that, in my own upbringing, I started using my own knife by around age 6-7 and learning to do more with it each summer, as we camped, was just part of growing up. None of my knife training involved self-defense, but did leave me confident handling knives. Knives for self-defense or for personal safety are a thing, especially the Ka-Bar style knives which have many videos associated with them.
The Murder Accountability Project has a search tool that could be helpful.
It is often used to locate possible serial murders, you can find all the murders, solved and unsolved, in an area by inputting the search parameters.
In fact, in 2017 the New Yorker cited one of our websleuths mods usage of this tool.

The Serial-Killer Detector
A former journalist, equipped with an algorithm and the largest collection of murder records in the country, finds patterns in crime.

Someone versed in statistics can run the algorithm, which appears on map’s Web site. The rest of us, who might, for example, wish to know how many killings are unsolved where we live, can use the site’s “search cases” function.
DS..is a hobby map searcher and a forum moderator on Websleuths, an online watering hole for amateur detectives. “I keep spreadsheets of murdered and missing women around the country, with statistics, and I highlight murders that I think might be related,” she told me. “I have them for nearly every state, and that comes from map. If I have a killer, like, say, Israel Keys, who was in Seattle about fifteen years ago, I’ll look up murders in Seattle and parts of Alaska, because he lived there, too, and see if there were any the police might have overlooked.” She added, “map is just extremely, extremely useful for that. There isn’t really anything else like it.”

Here’s the link to their website

Murder Accountability Project
Tracking America's unsolved homicides

Last edited:
I am extremely interested to know which house had that camera. Because one other thing which makes it highly interesting to me that a focus be put on Ethan and Xana--Xana is the only one I'm quite sure who had her bedroom lock changed one week before the murders. Her mother confirmed that. Why would she do that right at the end of the school term ?
Would you please direct to where it's confirmed that X's mother states it's her bedroom door lock that was fixed?

Why do the aunt & mom seem to be so invested in this relationship? I just find it odd that third parties, which they are, have spoken out as if these two young people have no personal agency in their love life (or lack thereof).

It really stands out to me. And puzzles me.

What's up?

JMO
I think they're just trying to be protective of J by saying how much he loved her. I feel the aunt was just re-iterating what K's mother said.

The Goncalves family are obviously very welcoming and loving people, they treat M like daughter, so I'm assuming they 'took J in' as well (if that makes sense). Perhaps after 5 years they couldn't imagine them not ending up together.

I don't read too much into it. All MOO.

IMO, they are sugar coating the relationship to save face in case something unpleasant should come out about the relationship at a later date.
That did initially cross my mind early on. I did wonder if K's mother knew K may have recently been seeing someone else or J had and she was protecting him from scrutiny.. All MOO.

What I got from that also is that someone named Cole lived there when he was a junior. If he graduated in 2022 that would mean he lived there last year 2021. Was it a CoEd house in 21? Did all those girls just move in over the summer/fall?

I bring this up because something the police have been unwilling to commit an answer for is whether a person was the target or the location.
Yes. That bothers me too. Was it a person or persons they were after, the whole group of people or the house and residents as a whole?..IMO, I am thinking about that sixth unnamed person on the lease and where they went and what happened? I am assuming that person was a female as it was a sorority house, but could there have been a male who was living there that got the boot and retaliated? Therefore, this has all been a rental dispute at core? IOW, a “revenge is best served cold” motive?These are my current thoughts IMO.

Yes. That bothers me too. Was it a person or persons they were after, the whole group of people or the house and residents as a whole?..IMO, I am thinking about that sixth unnamed person on the lease and where they went and what happened? I am assuming that person was a female as it was a sorority house, but could there have been a male who was living there that got the boot and retaliated? Therefore, this has all been a rental dispute at core? IOW, a “revenge is best served cold” motive?These are my current thoughts IMO.
This news clip from a vigil is a month old. It contains a claim that another girl (not K) who lived in the murder house for a longer period was M's best friend (I thought K and M were best friends). The girls' mother is interviewed. It' not known if this girl was the sixth person on the lease. It would appear that M had lived in the house for longer than K, who moved in this summer.

This news clip from a vigil is a month old. It contains a claim that another girl (not K) who lived in the murder house for a longer period was M's best friend (I thought K and M were best friends). The girls' mother is interviewed. It' not known if this girl was the sixth person on the lease. It would appear that M had lived in the house for longer than K, who moved in this summer.

Yes she is in some pics on M's insta. I believe they were sorority sisters. IIRC.

Edited to add: Teenagers and young adults are known to have 'besties'. Both K and M have pics with other females they label as their best friend.

Last edited:
I can’t find the post now, but someone mentioned about the dog being locked in Kaylee’s room. I’m just wondering if it’s possible that Kaylee heard a spooky disturbance downstairs when the perp was murdering Ethan & Xana so she went into Mandy’s bedroom as she was worried what was going on, and left Murphy in her room closing the door behind her. Maybe she thought Xana and Ethan were having a physical fight and was too scared to go downstairs, hence why both she and Maddy called her ex, hoping he’d come over and stop what was happening? Maybe she didn’t want to call police as it would make it awkward, if that makes sense? I may be wrong, but it’s just a thought. She had only just gone to sleep (if she even did at all) and that’s why she heard the strange noises. The two girls on the first floor would have been in a deep sleep by 3am, hence why they heard nothing.

The perp probably took his shoes off when entering the house so as not to leave footprints and also to be as quiet as possible, so only Kaylee maybe heard worrying noises. I just thought I’d throw that out there to see if anyone thinks that’s possible?

Also, if Kaylee - and Maddy - did hear sounds but thought it was an intruder, wouldn’t they have called the police and barricaded themselves inside their room while waiting for them?

I don’t know, the whole thing is just so strange.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they're just trying to be protective of J by saying how much he loved her. I feel the aunt was just re-iterating what K's mother said.

The Goncalves family are obviously very welcoming and loving people, they treat M like daughter, so I'm assuming they 'took J in' as well (if that makes sense). Perhaps after 5 years they couldn't imagine them not ending up together.

I don't read too much into it. All MOO.
IMO This too.

I can’t find the post now, but someone mentioned about the dog being locked in Kaylee’s room. I’m just wondering if it’s possible that Kaylee heard a spooky disturbance downstairs when the perp was murdering Ethan & Xana so she went into Mandy’s bedroom as she was worried what was going on, and left Murphy in her room closing the door behind her. Maybe she thought Xana and Ethan were having a physical fight and was too scared to go downstairs, hence why both she and Maddy called her ex, hoping he’d come over and stop what was happening? Maybe she didn’t want to call police as it would make it awkward, if that makes sense? I may be wrong, but it’s just a thought. She had only just gone to sleep (if she even did at all) and that’s why she heard the strange noises. The two girls on the first floor would have been in a deep sleep by 3am, hence why they heard nothing.

The perp probably took his shoes off when entering the house so as not to leave footprints and also to be as quiet as possible, so only Kaylee maybe heard worrying noises. I just thought I’d throw that out there to see if anyone thinks that’s possible?

Also, if Kaylee - and Maddy - did hear sounds but thought it was an intruder, wouldn’t they have called the police and barricaded themselves inside their room while waiting for them?

I don’t know, the whole thing is just so strange.

Also, the hooded guy who was lingering back at the grub truck - I know they knew him and had even walked with him after leaving the club, but watching the video it’s so obvious they couldn’t stick him and his body language was VERY odd. Then when they ran towards their Uber car without even saying goodnight to him he looked furious and shocked and tried to catch up with them. When he realised they’d driven off he walked off a different way. I don’t know where his car was but as he lived just one minute from their house why didn’t he drop them home? After all, he was walking with them. And why would he then, at about 4am when he must have been tired decide to drive 5 hours to the hunting cabin that belonged to his parents? Something about him is very creepy IMO.
IMO, I agree with the perp taking off their shoes and also it is entirely possible that the girls did hear noises and maybe the dog was acting up so K went into Ms room.

IMO, I agree with the perp taking off their shoes and also it is entirely possible that the girls did hear noises and maybe the dog was acting up so K went into Ms room.
I think that taking off shoes would leave lots of evidence.
Fibres of socks with skin dead cells/sweat (DNA) and also so called "touch DNA" .

JMO

<modsnip>There are many cases where everyone (parents, neighbors) say, "We NEVER would have thought he would do this!" While there's sometimes a covert pattern of abuse (uncovered by talking to the deceased wive's friends and therapists), there are MANY times when there's no prior evidence of spousal abuse.

Look up Patrick Frazee.

As a psychiatric anthropologist, my job is in fact to assist in field diagnosis (using DSM). Narcissistic injury (in the context of severe narcissism) is one motive for murder (but rare-ish).

People often think they are in relationships when they are not. I've seen completely estranged couples (in crime cases and in other research contexts) where neither person was able to notice that their relationship was exceptionally distant.

At any rate, it's impossible to discuss all the possible diagnoses of all these men who kill their departing wives or girlfriends. I know that strangulation is a common method, but nearly every other method in the world has been used. Sometimes the men are the ones leaving, as well, but when a woman decides to leave a man (we'll call him "controlling" rather than narcissistic and then I'll list the OTHER diagnoses and personality disorders that are associated clinically with this kind of crime).

Manic-Depression
Depression
Schizophrenia
Anxiety
Antisocial PD
Borderline PD
Dependent PD (rare, but occurs)
Histrionic PD (rare, but occurs)
Mixed PD (IOW, sociopath)
Cluster B (possessing 2 or more Cluster B diagnoses - can be narcissism)

And of course, lots of murders of women are committed by men with no formal diagnosis and who integrate themselves well into communities, professions and extended family. They include doctors, lawyers, judges, politicians, professors and every other job occupation category, rich or poor.

But across all of these categories (and more), the event trigger of a wife finally deciding to leave is statistically associated with domestic violence, some of it homicide. It's often part of a cycle of domestic violence, for sure, which is often scrupulously hidden by the couple in question.

What's striking is when it occurs and the husband/boyfriend has no criminal record and is considered quite the peaceful person. Women obviously murder for the same reasons, but it's far less common (and actually more associated with a prior mental health diagnosis - but then, women may seek treatment for anxiety and depression more readily.

If there's any good news for women, in this set of facts, it's that we are far less likely to be murdered than men. But when we are murdered.

Page 3 of this summarizes the findings - which are international:

First murderer I thought of who meets this description is Scott Peterson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy