ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why would you want to jeopardize the case just because you have the right to speak and assemble? I don't get it.
Consoling each other. Going through an experience no one else can relate to. Checking their notes. Sleuthing on their own. Talking about who they suspect. Pick

In other cases, joint defense, covering up crimes, press conferences

I think we missed this update from MPD. Sorry if it's a repeat.

No suspect(s) has been identified.

City of Moscow Police Department

19h ·

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 24, 2022
Moscow Homicide Update
MOSCOW, Idaho – The Moscow Police Department (MPD) is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho.
• Investigators continue working through the Holiday break to process, analyze, and work on more than 7,650 emailed tips, 4,313 phone tips, and 4,583 digital media submissions. Investigators believe someone has information that adds context to what occurred on the night of the murders and continue requesting additional pictures, video, and social media content. Our focus remains on the investigation, not an individual’s activities displayed in the tip. Whether you believe it is significant or not, your information might be one of the puzzle pieces that help solve these murders.
• Digital submission of tips and leads will not be publicly disclosed due to our ongoing commitment to keep information private and details may be pertinent to the ongoing criminal investigation.
• Progress continues to locate the white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra believed to be in the immediate area of the King Road residence during the early morning hours of November 13th. Investigators believe the occupant(s) may have critical information to share regarding this case and have identified over 22,000 vehicles. If you know of, or own, a vehicle matching this description, or know of anyone who may have been driving this specific vehicle on the days preceding or the day of the murders, please forward that information to the Tip Line.
• No suspect(s) has been identified and only vetted information that does not hinder the investigation will be released to the public. We encourage referencing official releases for accurate and updated progress. All press releases and related information is available at: https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/1064/King-Street-Homicide.
• Updates will be provided when new information is available for release.
The Moscow Police Department thanks our community for their continued support, understanding of the limited information we can share, and patience during this difficult time.

Were they wearing non-slip socks? If they got in a fight, lack of grip could be a problem.
No, he’d have covered them in either non-slip forensic type slip one or even rubber slip ons which some people wear for walking through terrain or rocky beaches. He may have even worn a wetsuit. There was a famous case in the UK where the murderer wore a wetsuit, rubber mask and hat etc - and although he left no DNA on the victims he was still found guilty.

He obviously went fully prepared and would have known they’d encounter a struggle. Last thing he’d want is his skin underneath the victims fingernails so he was bound to have protected his whole body.

First murderer I thought of who meets this description is Scott Peterson!
I’m new to much of this, can I ask who Scott Peterson is, please?

Incidentally, that article you’ve posted is spot on. However, many things don’t add up.

1. Kaylee had ended the relationship 3 weeks previously and they were still on good terms.

2. I noticed when he spoke at the memorial he frequently blew out deep puffs of air. I know 100% that people do that when they’re totally grief stricken.

3. Why would he kill 3 other people too? Besides the risk of being overcome (say, for example, one of the 6 occupants crept behind him and smashed a heavy steel pan/poker over his head) why kill all the others too? He had plenty of opportunity in the future to kill Kaylee where she may have never been found.

The only one gesture he did which seemed strange, but it could have been nerves/grief, he didn’t seem to look up at the people when he was speaking. But then everyone reacts different to trauma and grief.

I’m new to much of this, can I ask who Scott Peterson is, please?

Incidentally, that article you’ve posted is spot on. However, many things don’t add up.

1. Kaylee had ended the relationship 3 weeks previously and they were still on good terms.

2. I noticed when he spoke at the memorial he frequently blew out deep puffs of air. I know 100% that people do that when they’re totally grief stricken.

3. Why would he kill 3 other people too? Besides the risk of being overcome (say, for example, one of the 6 occupants crept behind him and smashed a heavy steel pan/poker over his head) why kill all the others too? He had plenty of opportunity in the future to kill Kaylee where she may have never been found.

The only one gesture he did which seemed strange, but it could have been nerves/grief, he didn’t seem to look up at the people when he was speaking. But then everyone reacts different to trauma and grief.
Kaylee's ex didn't speak at the memorial though. The person you're describing was Maddie's boyfriend.

No, he’d have covered them in either non-slip forensic type slip one or even rubber slip ons which some people wear for walking through terrain or rocky beaches. He may have even worn a wetsuit. There was a famous case in the UK where the murderer wore a wetsuit, rubber mask and hat etc - and although he left no DNA on the victims he was still found guilty.
Any link for the wet suit case? We discussed it here a few weeks ago and several of us who own and wear wet suits did not see a wet suit as plausible crime wear.

Strange wording. I guess he means they’re making progress…
Obviously, the Elantra is not in the Moscow area. If it was, LE or someone would have located it. It's probably not a student vehicle or would have been recognized. What this means is the owner is not local. Or, to go deeper, the killer is not local.

Maybe too late now, but bring dogs trained in Blood/Cadaver, LE Canine Units to the site to get a scent, perhaps to trail where the Perp went, whether on foot or elsewise. Some also say this person may be local and still in the area, blending in. Hard, as college towns have transient populations...
RSBM. Didn't they have dogs there the day of the murders or the next day!?

WingsoverTexas, this is what I’ve been wondering about myself, but couldn’t come up with a way to express it as succinctly as you have. It was underlying my comment about JD and marriage by the aunt in the article. I find it very perplexing that parents and other relatives would characterize their relationship repeatedly in a way that they, themselves, don’t seem to.

K was moving away from the area, starting her career and had broken up with her childhood boyfriend. J lets the relatives talk about them getting married in the future. I think I’d go by K’s own words and actions. Wouldn’t she know best about her own life?

Strange lack of agency for 21 year olds on the verge of being graduated from college. Just trying to get a picture of things.

Maybe the kids themselves had talked about marriage before the breakup. And perhaps the breakup was more "taking a break" while Kaylee moved, allowing them to date others before ultimately committing for life?

1% is pretty rare, but I was talking about Axis II/cluster disorders when referring to rarity, not schizophrenia.

Command prompts to do acts of violence are 'voices' as regular folks know them, and most schizophrenics who perpetrate violence do so because they are commanded by those voices. That's why there is typically 'no motive, rhyme, or reason'. And Richard Ramirez did not have schizophrenia as far as I know.

Individuals with schizophrenia who end up killing are highly disorganized and tend to leave a wake of evidence in their path. That's because both their thoughts and behaviors were irrational. That isn't what we are seeing here.

My opinion.

I completely agree with the above. I would be shocked if this is someone with schizophrenia. It's easy for criminals to claim to have schizophrenia, but someone with true schizophrenia who is killing because of their schizophrenia is going to be too disorganized to pull this off so seamlessly.

I’m grasping at straws. I M trying to come up with every conceivable motive and theory. I think this crime is so confounding and scary IMO
Yes, it’s good to go through all scenarios and I agree, it’s such a strange case. Incredibly weird. But I can’t imagine someone with a grievance against their landlord would stab four innocent tenants to death…I just can’t see that at all.

I keep coming back to “the house” being targeted and my mind drifted to previous roommates or someone who may have been unfairly evicted from the home. IMO. Happy holidays to you.
But if that was the case he’d go after the landlord…not strangers.

Maybe the kids themselves had talked about marriage before the breakup. And perhaps the breakup was more "taking a break" while Kaylee moved, allowing them to date others before ultimately committing for life?

Options for K and JD were limited, take a break, maintain a long distance relationship, or have him transfer to UTAustin To be with her.
I don’t buy that they were ‘taking a break’ but were committed to marriage and having children together. Those two are mutually exclusive.
The words used may have been ‘taking a break’ but the reality is they were likely done. IMO

If JD was to graduate May, they could have done the long distance thing for a semester and JD found a job in Austin. Evidently that was not the plan.

I think K’s mom and JDs aunt were speaking only to get the attention off of JD. It would be JD that knows what was really going on in the relationship. K and M are not here to correct him, so unless K had shared with her sister and mom- what JD says is the story.
Do we know JD‘s feelings about the ‘taking a break’ I don’t think so.

How does any of this relate to the events of Nov 13? Could be zero, nada, zilch, goose egg

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member